Agents Shoot Dog • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Agents Shoot Dog
 Post Posted: Thu 21 Jun 2012 18:04 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
http://valley.newhavenindependent.org/a ... s_pit_bull

Post subject: Re: Agents Shoot Dog
 Post Posted: Thu 21 Jun 2012 18:42 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
I go up on property all the time where dogs are . . . get asked every time how I got to the door and cuffs on. Dudes story changed from . . . "the guy sicced the dog" to . . . the "guy tried to get into the house and the dogs ran out" . . . bit of a difference there.
From the read it is obvious that they knew the dogs were there . . . and their means of dealing with the dogs, should they get out of control, was set before they ever arrived.
Very poor planning.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Thu 21 Jun 2012 18:57 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Very unfortunate... after reading this account, my take is that the use of force was justified... were I in the same situation, I believe I would have acted the same.... I also have dogs and am very much an animal lover... this situation was certainly unfortunate but justified.... IMHO.

Added.... yeah, I think I would have waited him out or called in the LE for assistance....

You can always look back... hind-site is always 20/20 but you do and react when the situation warrants it.... and again, unfortunate but proper.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Thu 21 Jun 2012 18:59 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Agreed, very bad planning, however I've had a pit bull on me once, I didn't shoot it but can understand their situation. I love my dogs and dogs in general but when a pit bull is on you, bad planning or not you gotta do something. Back to the bad planning. I would have waited this guy out and got him on my terms. Maybe it would take a little longer but this could have been avoided/

On the other side of the coin. A guy was pulled over for speeding by local le, the small dog jumped out of the car and started barking, it was obvious this small dog was just excited. Cop pulls a gun and shoots him....Dead....The shooting was ruled justifiable. So, bad planning maybe but I camn see how this guy may of had no choice. The cop, however, did.

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Thu 21 Jun 2012 19:52 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

A little doxie got out of a ladies car on a stop here, the Detective on scene went to pick it up and it layed into his hand something fierce . . . took some serious surgery to fix the hand and I am surprised that he did not shoot the dog. He now hates little dogs and says "that will not happen again"
Sad part is most folks cannot tell a pit type dog when they see one :( I have 2 Pitbull type dogs . . . one is an American Stafford Terrier the other is an American Pitbull Terrier . . . some folks think Zoe is a boxer and that Tank is an American Bulldog :/ go figure . . . I also have a Schmalti that everyone swears is a damned poodle and SHE says she is a Cane Corso with bad manners :shock:
Yes, it was a bad situation . . . they should have waited him out knowing the dogs were there
Bad planning on their part . . . On the part of that Officer on the stop that you were talking about . . .well all I can say . . . is what a puss that he was that scared of a little dog that he had to shoot it . . . fear like that is never a good thing and in the long run can cost a department dearly

ADDED LATER:

FEAR always plays a huge role in a dog shooting

Attachments:
File comment: what you think you see is not always what it is
somepit.jpg
somepit.jpg [ 118.72 KiB | Viewed 11165 times ]

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

Last edited by KARMA on Fri 22 Jun 2012 07:12, edited 1 time in total.
add photo

Post Posted: Fri 22 Jun 2012 09:10 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Sometimes it is not fear that illicits that type of response, but pure aggression and power issues. We all know great officers and we all know cops that should not be. The sad act is that the officers that should not be are often laughed at by their peers, but they do nothing about it as far as filing internal complaints. Unfortunately, when unwarranted behavior develop a desire for retaliation, the retaliation is against the uniform, not the original perpetrator.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Fri 22 Jun 2012 10:25 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Imagine a small family dog that had become excited and began barking. You all have seen dogs that will bark all the while you know he is scared and is of no threat at all. That was the type dog the cop killed.

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Fri 22 Jun 2012 15:44 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1988
I am going to have agree with Bill M. based on the information provided and the interview with defendants father who himself is a piece of work looking for a payday. In some states the use of or the releasing of a dog as alleged in this story is a felony and the actor could end up charged with Assault With Intent To Kill.

I can remember when I was a kid (9yrs) collecting weekly receipts for home delivery of the local newspaper this one asshat with a Blue Nose Pittbull would always let his dog out on me whenever I attempted to collect the money past due. I told my route manager that I was scared to attempt any more collections at that house because of the dog. About a week later the route manager told that I would not have any further problems collecting at that house because the dog was found dead in the yard with an arrow in his head.

I also know from where Bill W. speaks we had a little eight pound Jack Russell, he would bark and raise hell if you just walked on to our street. But as soon as a knock came to the door and the door was opened he was nowhere to be found, yet once the door was closed he would walk out from behind the couch growling as if he was a bad ass.

Tel: 1-800-387-0787

Anti-Moral Majority Club President
"Fear not the unknown, Fear the person who controls the unknown" Gene 7:14

Post Posted: Fri 22 Jun 2012 20:36 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Quote:
About a week later the route manager told that I would not have any further problems collecting at that house because the dog was found dead in the yard with an arrow in his head.

Too bad it was the dog . . . should have been the MONSTER behind the door.

Post Posted: Sat 23 Jun 2012 09:04 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
One obvious observation that even the local police are missing: The father publicly admitting, therefore confessing, his crimes of aiding and abetting, harbouring, and obstruction of justice. why hasn't he been arrested yet ?

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage