Ft. Myers bondsman looking at time • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Ft. Myers bondsman looking at time
 Post Posted: Mon 14 Feb 2011 20:33 

Wow... :shock:

http://www.news-press.com/article/20110 ... |text|Home

Jeff (NYPD) or anyone else in FL familiar with what happened here? I hope I didn't repost, I don't recall seeing this anywhere yet.

Post subject: Re: Ft. Myers bondsman looking at time
 Post Posted: Mon 14 Feb 2011 21:35 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
Experience: More than 10 years
Hasnt been posted yet .. Thanks for the article.. I will pass it around at the office tomorrow...

Another FL Bondsman not making this industry look too good in Florida or anywhere else for that matter..

I just got back from posting a bond at Miami Dade Jail and had the pleasure to watch two female bail bondsman battle it out for a bond.. and sadly I got caught in the middle of it as both wanted me on their side... I wished I could of just disappeared..or Beam me Up Scotty ! ... Sad that people gotta fight over BS like this.. especially in front of Family members waiting to bond out their loved one.. apparently the family called two different bail bond companies and both showed up and started arguing who's bond it was.. UGH .. CHILDREN CHILDREN ! ...It makes all of us look so unprofessional... Very Sad..

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post Posted: Tue 15 Feb 2011 10:52 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
As to the article, seems like a couple of things happening there, unauthorized bail agent... then failure to return collateral... and then damaging or destroying held property.... so guess we'll see where all that goes.

As to the second post form NYPD... that goes on all the time and will continue as more and more agents are stuck out here in the field... I am faced with that scenario on a weekly basis.... I have several "thorns" in my side here in southern Virginia... I do not mind competition as long as it is legal, above board and fair... when they start 'snaking' bonds that I am working and they "know" that I am working and do it anyway... well, I start the slow burn.

Families of course, call different bondsmen all the time not knowing that others have made calls too, but one of the first things I find out when working a case is... who else is involved with this... has the defendant made calls himself... are there any other family members making calls and have you talked to any other bondsmen... of course, sometimes the info is not known and of course there are times when you just don't know till you walk in the jail.

This industry is filled with unscrupulous individuals that will do anything and everything to take your bond, stab you in the back and never think twice... when I see that type of person step into my AO... I start retaliating... which is about all you can do... but do it above board and stay legal or you will end up in the same position.

Last week, there was a bondsman out of a jurisdiction away from here... who had a show cause that he did not come to.... the judge became quite irritated... he ordered a capias on the defendant and also the bondman and ordered both be held "without bond"... that should prove to be quite interesting.... I can hardly wait to see the outcome of that case.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Tue 15 Feb 2011 18:05 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1973
Experience: 3 - 5 years
I'm interested in that also Bill. Please post results when you find out.

As for the article....It doesn't make sense that a convicted defendant is allowed out on bond to wait for sentencing.
Now I heard of an appeal bond where the defendant can be bailed out fighting his/her appeal case.
I believe those bonds are ridiculously high though.

Dave
Private Investigator
Licensed by the NYS DOS Division of Licensing

Post Posted: Tue 15 Feb 2011 21:12 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Dave
happens here all the time, the judge says "Since you have come to all of your court dates Mr. Defendant, I will give you 2 weeks to get your affairs in order before I put you away for 30 years"...and you remain on bond until the case is completed, to include sentencing!

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Wed 16 Feb 2011 07:19 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1973
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Happens here as well but I haven't seen it happen for 5 or more years......yet.
It usually happens if the sentence is around the 1 to 3 range, but it still doesn't make sense to me.
I always said if the judge wants to give a defendant more time to take care of personal issues then he shouldn't be on bond.
The judge should ROR the defendant because it's the judge saying sure go right ahead we'll wait.
That kind of issue should be a change of status for the case, meaning before def was innocent and now is definitely guilty, therefore resulting in a new bail evaluation.
That's why it make sense to keep track of the cases for bonds written....and even other cases for your defendant.
That way if something happens that you are not comfortable with, in this case defendant is convicted and is waiting for the specified date to turn ones self in the bondsman could revoke (for those states that can), and if something happens like a defendant being sentence to 5 years, or whatever, and given a chance to take care of personal issues for another case, that your bond doesn't cover, you can premature your case based on that. In other words, like others have said, sometimes you have to treat every case like they are going to run. Of course this applies to states that can do it, and for those that can't :roll: good luck.

Dave
Private Investigator
Licensed by the NYS DOS Division of Licensing

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage