Protestors Converge On Apodaca Bail Bonds • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Protestors Converge On Apodaca Bail Bonds
 Post Posted: Wed 30 Dec 2009 12:25 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 757
Experience: More than 10 years
EL PASO, Texas -- An angry mob waved signs and chanted outside of Apodaca Bail Bonds in Downtown El Paso Thursday. The group claims the company owes them their bond deposits.

"I'm doing this protest because Apodaca is in bankruptcy and he told that he was going to give me back my bond, which was $15,000 and I haven't seen anything of it,” said Gloria Rodriguez.

The group said they have done everything right. They said they showed up for court, but now they have been waiting for months for their deposits to be given back.

Rodriguez claims it has been over three months and she has not seen her bond returned. She claims her contract specified it would be 30 days.

“He's still working, and he still has his business going under another name, but he's still in bankruptcy and he doesn't want to pay the bonds back, and one of them is mine,” Rodriguez said.

KFOX confirmed through court records that the company is in deep debt. Apodaca has filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy, but according to the documents, clients like Rodriguez have not been listed as creditors. It is unclear if the bankruptcy is protecting Apodaca from repaying client’s deposits.

"I was waiting for this money for my Christmas gifts for my kids, and now I don't have anything,” Rodriguez said.

Late Thursday, Victor Apodaca released the following statement: "These people have been listed as our creditors list in our Chapter 11 filing reorganization. All these people will be paid when the court orders go through. We are sorry they have to go through this during the holidays, but there is nothing I can do.

KFOX has not been able to confirm that the clients were added.

In the meantime, clients can file a complaint with the El Paso Bond Board. The board’s number is (915) 546-2293.

NSIN# SF0105
LIC. #704058

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage