Bail Bonds 101 – Peircing The Veil – Radio Wrap Up • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Bail Bonds 101 – Peircing The Veil – Radio Wrap Up
 Post Posted: Tue 27 Oct 2009 08:40 

Bail Bonds 101 – Peircing The Veil – Radio Wrap Up

Posted on October 24th, 2009|By Simon Barrett in Society and Culture|BloggerNews.net

I love the dynamics of live radio, you never know what is going to happen. I do not operate from a script, but I do use a document that has some bullet points on it, areas that I want to bring up. I have been fascinated for months about the Bail Bond and Bounty Hunting business.

While I talk to William Cobra Staubs pretty much every day, I thought it was high time to take a closer look at the industry.

There were several nagging questions that I had. The legislation covering the industry are confusing, often misinterpreted, and frequently a source of frustration to everyone involved.

One of the biggest challenges in putting this program together was to find people in the industry that were willing to talk to me. It is one thing to whisper privately in my ear, it is a whole different ‘ball of wax’ to go public.

Todays program was eye opening, and far wider ranging than I had expected. The panel consisted of Simon Barrett as facilitator, investigator William Cobra Staubs from Florida, Dan Miller, who is just starting out in the Bounty Hunting industry, and my good friend, crime writer Denny Griffin.

We discussed many issues and business practices, most of which left me scratching my head!

Just some of the topics included:

To ‘Pack a piece or not’

Exactly who’s door can be kicked in

The terms that are set when a bond is set

The terms under which it can be revoked

The difference state to state in requirements mandated to be a Bounty Hunter or Bail Bondsman

How to operate when perusing a fugitive in another state

And of course the Pre-Trial release program.

You can catch the entire program here.

Simon Barrett

Quote:
treece said,in October 25th, 2009 at 5:43 pm

Lots of good info on the show yesterday. Thanks to all of you!!!! treece & jbob

Quote:
WilMic said,in October 23rd, 2009 at 8:38 pm

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/2009-09 ... ty-hunter/

The ‘movie’ image is what some Bail Bonds Agents seem to be going for.

Or perhaps this was just for the Tv show.

Quote:
Case Closed Inc. said,in October 24th, 2009 at 5:43 pm Piercing the Veil ” NO WE TORE THAT THING OFF!

SOME ARE AFRAID, THEY SHOULD BE. THERE MAY BE A BOUNTY HUNTER STALKING YOU RIGHT NOW, AND YOU AIN’T THE ONE HE IS AFTER! BUT HE DON’T KNOW THAT, AFTER ALL HE IS A BOUNTY HUNTER RIGHT? HE SHOULD HAVE ASKED A BONDSMAN, CAUSE A BONDS MAN CAN AS THE SONG GOES, BUT AFTER ALL IT’S

TRICK OR TREAT

Quote:
m2c said,in October 25th, 2009 at 7:45 am

A recent travesty that fits right in with the topic. This really happened, this past week in Bristol, VA.

By AP October 23rd, 2009
Would-be bounty hunters nab innocent woman in Va.

BRISTOL, Va. — Police in Virginia say three would-be bounty hunters face charges after they impersonated drug task force agents and nabbed the wrong woman.

The innocent woman was mistaken for a suspect who had skipped bond. Bristol police say three people who hoped to collect a reward from a bail bondsman handcuffed the woman and sexually assaulted her during a strip search Oct. 9.

Sgt. Steven Crawford says the three face charges of abduction, robbery, impersonating a law enforcement officer, conspiracy and sexual battery.

Two of the suspects have been arrested, and police are searching for the third. A fourth person has been charged as an accessory.

The innocent woman caught by the suspects was taken to a lockup but let go when jailers quickly realized she wasn’t the person wanted for skipping bond.

Information from: Bristol Herald Courier, http://www.bristolnews.com

Quote:
fugitivefinder said,in October 25th, 2009 at 1:19 pm

I work out of Indianapolis,IN but go all over the country. I have made much money and little money. There is so much that people dont know and you are glad sometimes they dont and then sometimes wish they did. I will field all calls on the subject…..

Click Here To Listen on BloggerTalkRadio

Host Name: Blogger News Network
Show Name: Bounty Hunting 101

Date / Length: 10/24/2009 1:00 PM - 1 hr 30 min
Description:

The Bail Bond and Bounty Hunting business is one that few people understand. The average American knows almost nothing about it. Our sole information comes from the Discovery Channel and watching Dog Chapman bust loser drug users who have missed a court date. Dressed like Rambo, but armed with paint ball guns and cans of pepper spray he hunts these fugitives down. Real life is somewhat different!

Post subject: Re: Bail Bonds 101 – Peircing The Veil – Radio Wrap Up
 Post Posted: Tue 27 Oct 2009 10:18 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
I just made a post on his site....

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage