Judge sets bail at $750,000 for man charged in ... • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Judge sets bail at $750,000 for man charged in ...
 Post Posted: Fri 25 Sep 2009 11:25 

Judge sets bail at $750,000 for man charged in Montevideo bar stabbings
By: Gretchen Schlosser, West Central Tribune

Published September 25 2009

MONTEVIDEO — Unconditional bail was set at $750,000 Thursday for the 21-year-old Montevideo man charged with six counts of assault for allegedly stabbing three people outside of a Montevideo bar

No conditional bail was set for Victor Daniel Medina when he appeared in Chippewa County District Court, according to county attorney Dwayne Knutsen. Medina waived extradition Wednesday from Codington County, S.D. He was arrested last week by law enforcement officials in Watertown, S.D., after a person from the Montevideo area recognized him in a retail store and notified law enforcement. Medina had been on the lam since the Sept. 4 incident outside of Inn Like Flinn’s bar in downtown Montevideo.

Medina faces felony charges of first- and second-degree assault with a dangerous weapon and causing substantial bodily harm. He is accused of stabbing three people around 2 a.m. Sept 4 in a parking lot behind the bar. Two female victims, ages 22 and 31, suffered wounds to their stomachs and were treated at Chippewa County-Montevideo Hospital and Medical Clinic. One of the women required surgery. A 31-year-old man was airlifted to Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis for treatment of knife wounds to the stomach. All of the victims are recovering, Knutsen said.

At the time of the incident, Medina was free on $50,000 bail on another case, with charges of aiding and abetting an assault, second- and third-degree assault and tampering with a witness relating to a June 27 incident. The allegations include that he wielded a knife and cut a man and acted as a lookout while Joel Filiberto Medellin, 19, of Montevideo, allegedly beat a man and robbed him of $200 cash and a Blackberry cell phone. The 27-year-old man suffered a fractured skull. Both men are also accused of assaulting another man, who had voiced his displeasure about the beating and robbery.

Medina’s next court appearance is scheduled for Oct. 26. His trial dates for the June assault case are set for either Nov. 17 and 18 or Dec. 30 and 31 before District Judge Paul Nelson.

Post subject: Re: Judge sets bail at $750,000 for man charged in ...
 Post Posted: Mon 28 Sep 2009 08:36 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
DanM wrote:
MONTEVIDEO — Unconditional bail was set at $750,000 Medina waived extradition Wednesday from Codington County, S.D. He was arrested last week by law enforcement officials in Watertown, S.D., At the time of the incident, Medina was free on $50,000 bail on another case, Medina’s next court appearance is scheduled for Oct. 26. His trial dates for the June assault case are set for either Nov. 17 and 18 or Dec. 30 and 31 before District Judge Paul Nelson.[/img]

Quote:
Medina had been on the lam since the Sept. 4 incident outside of Inn Like Flinn’s bar in downtown Montevideo.

mmmmmmmmmm, I do believe I would get my fat azz up to Montevideo and drop a 50K bail piece on Mr. Medina... and let someone with some deeper pockets write this one............. mmmmmmmmm Steve F.? don't you and Gene write in SD???? you all could split that one and after the 50K was dropped he would have a total of $800,00 on him......... 40K apiece....... you all could go to FL for a week.... (put Medina in the trunk of your car while you are gone....) 8)

... of course if it is anything like the local country bonds I write.... Madina's people would call me at 3am and tell me they had $250.00 and could I finance the rest for 6 months................. and for collateral they have 1982 Dodge van that is on blocks in the backyard... but the title is free............. and they all live in a Plymouth Voyger, but it is air conditioned... and of course these charges are all blown out of proportion... he is really a nice boy. :roll:

......... I usually refer these cases to my buddy......... known around town as the "I write anything for any price"... guy.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post subject: Re: Judge sets bail at $750,000 for man charged in ...
 Post Posted: Mon 28 Sep 2009 20:37 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
I will leave this one to others further east of me. I did write a very good bond over the weekend with full commission and collateral so paid the late payments on my mortgage. YEA for me, I only have the current one due!!

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage