Jacksonville officer shoots, kills bail bondsman • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Jacksonville officer shoots, kills bail bondsman
 Post Posted: Wed 25 May 2011 18:50 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
Experience: More than 10 years
OK .. just got back from my office and spoke with some people close to these Agents involved..

The Agent that is in the Hospital currently will be OK.. although is he not out of the woods yet.. he is seriously injured with the gun shot wounds sustained..

The 3rd Agent is OK..

There is not alot of talk from the Bail Bond office that sent these Agents out to find this defendant as they are all consulting Legal Actions against the Officer involved and the Department as well.

The Agents DID in fact call the Sheriff's Office BOTH times when they hit the Target's house..

The second time apparently was at the same time the people at the target location was calling 911 and telling the 911 operator it was a home invasion or whatever they told the 911 operator.. these Agents were at the Target Location much earlier in the day looking for the target also... they went to this target's house 3 times within 6 hours..

It appears that they were ALL WEARING Black Long Sleeve Shirts with * AGENT * in white BOLD letters down each Arm and *AGENT* on the Back of these shirts as well.. They had their Badges around their Necks on Chains.. only (1) Agent had this mask on .. not all of them.. he wore it cause the neighborhood he was in .. he also lived in as well. I know someone stated in a previous post then he shouldn't work where he lives.. sometimes you have to go where the defendant is .. and that might require being in the area where you reside.. I understand his reason for the mask.. would I do it ? .. Probably Not .. but he had his reasons and I will not question them.

My take on this tragic incident is that the Agents at the Scene did everything they were supposed to do and then some.. the responding officer seemed to not follow any police protocol as to identifying himself as the Police.. failed to yell commands to Drop the Weapons or similar commands.. I believe this officer being alone and coming to a situation where he saw a masked individual with a shotgun, fired first and thought second... I do believe this officer had very poor tactics and I see this coming back to bite the officer and department in the you know where.....

My prayers to Verne for a speeding recovery and my condolences to the Family, Friends, and Co-Workers of Antonio Cooks.. may he R.I.P.

I should know about Funeral Details in the next day or so and keep everyone in the loop... I may be heading up to the Funeral in Jacksonville with several agents from the Miami area to show our support ..

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post subject: Re: Jacksonville officer shoots, kills bail bondsman
 Post Posted: Fri 27 May 2011 17:06 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Experience: More than 10 years
The North Carolina Bail Agents Association has emailed our members concerning these Florida agents. The wounded agents have no insurance and we are being asked to step up and help by way of donating monies to help our own. NC Agents will find this information in your email. If you would like more information please contact our association at http://www.ncbaa.com.

We as an association have approximately 1,300 members. I know these folks to be very competitive at business and very compassionate during times like these....

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage