Actions Of Bondsman Called Into Question • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re:
 Post Posted: Tue 22 Sep 2009 19:46 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
AWOBB wrote:
Quote:
Donald Lowman had been charged with being a felon acting as a bond agent.
I agree, he should be charge. There are to many people out there that just think they can do this job with a criminal record with felonies. When someone calls our office for a job, the first question I ask them is " Do you have any felonies?' If they answer yes, then I tell them I do have any openings.

Hey Steve..... sometimes we get snookered into a situation before we can stop it...... remember those two clowns in VA Beach last year.... the two that got involved with our little deal in the courthouse.............. I didn't think either of them was a felon but after the debacle was over and you had left for home........ I talked with the big old one (not the one that dressed like he was on the swat team) and questioned him about having a license... he said he owned the company but was not licensed but his partner was....... mmmmmmmmmmmm I immediately figured he was a felon.... I can't think of any other reason why the owner of a BEA company would not have a license to operate legally.... I told him that according to DCJS.... as far as I know.... you cannot even discuss bonding with a client unless you are licensed.... and I figured BEA in Virginia was probably the same...... he had no comment and I just walked away.

... and as a footnote to that episode.......... I got a call from those guys several weeks ago looking for work............ I told them to call you..................... :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post subject: Re: Actions Of Bondsman Called Into Question
 Post Posted: Tue 22 Sep 2009 19:54 
in memoriam

ML-MP wrote:
He or She who has no sins may cast the first stone .
This is coming from someone who has no record and has always pratice good jugment not for one but for all involved.
Your past does and does not define you***********Experience teaches slowly, and at the cost of mistakes.
James A. FroudeMen soon the faults of others learn few their virtues, too, find out;
But is there one—I have a doubt— ho can his own defects discern?Sanskrit Proverb
Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.
Ralph Blum:)

And another quote to remember............

"Don't try and correct a mistake by making yet another".... I said that.
In this business, unfortunately, you are judged by association so you better choose wisely who you associate with or work with or hire to work for you or with you. We ain't teaching Sunday school here.... nice guys do in fact often finish last.... make your decisions on who you hire based on whose legal and whose not............... end of discussion.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Tue 22 Sep 2009 20:31 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
Unfortunately ignorance is no excuse! Whether one has got caught or escape under the radar which affords one the privilege to speak as such??????????

Never went to Sunday School.

LOL
:)

Post Posted: Tue 22 Sep 2009 20:42 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

Experience: < 1 year
Respectfully you have a valid point depends on perspective and circumstances. One cannot judge one as all the same..........

You cannot base ones guilt on ones past but on the facts at hand; I have yet to determine that, I absolutely cannot accept statements based on judgment not on facts not perception of one or all..

LOL
:)

Post Posted: Wed 23 Sep 2009 08:08 
in memoriam

ML-MP wrote:
You cannot base ones guilt on ones past but on the facts at hand; I have yet to determine that, I absolutely cannot accept statements based on judgment not on facts not perception of one or all..:)

I am addressing the hiring of persons and their background... not this particular threads story line... related to Steve F. post above...

My friend... you better damn well base your evaluation on past history.... what else is there to go on.... your past follows you and in our business you are judged by your past actions. I think you are caught up in some sort of philosophical double talk and to the leaned on this site it means absolutely nothing.

We employ people to render our services and watch our backs and being a convicted felon, while it may not arbitrarily mean that you are a "bad person" it does absolutely show that you have made at least one mistake.... and although as you point out, we all make mistakes... in this business, you sometimes only get one "shot" at getting it right so we absolutely have to judge based on history.

This business is filled with people that have made mistakes and the graveyard is likewise filled with them.... you may hire and employee whomever you wish but if I place someone on my team and they are responsible for my back and my life to a degree, you can rest assured that they will be screened. What I may or may not have done in my past plays absolutely no bearing on my decisions to hire someone. You cannot be licensed or legal in many states (Virginia is one) if you are a convicted felon so that ends the hiring process immediately here.

This ain't Sunday school and it is also not baseball.... here you may only get one swing at the ball and you better hit it cause there may be no second swing. Sparring with you verbally is fine but in the real world, words will not get you an A on your report card when the person you are dealing with is a drugged out felon with a .40 auto aimed at your chest... talking will not solve your immediate problem and the partner you have hired to help you in that situation better not be your drugged out felons buddy. (even if he is a really nice guy) :shock:

One more thought.... in Florida, where you apparently are located.... you cannot operate as a BEA.... there are no laws specifically related to Fugitive Recovery... you need to be a licensed PI or Bondsman to perform recovery work although as a licensed Virginia bondsman, I can legally enter Florida and do a recovery on "my own skips".... I hope some of the more informed on here will address this but I am pretty sure that is the case.... in FL.

Post Posted: Wed 23 Sep 2009 08:59 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Quote:
This ain't Sunday school and it is also not baseball.... here you may only get one swing at the ball and you better hit it cause there may be no second swing. Sparring with you verbally is fine but in the real world, words will not get you an A on your report card when the person you are dealing with is a drugged out felon with a .40 auto aimed at your chest... talking will not solve your immediate problem and the partner you have hired to help you in that situation better not be your drugged out felons buddy. (even if he is a really nice guy)

One more thought.... in Florida, where you apparently are located.... you cannot operate as a BEA.... there are no laws specifically related to Fugitive Recovery... you need to be a licensed PI or Bondsman to perform recovery work although as a licensed Virginia bondsman, I can legally enter Florida and do a recovery on "my own skips".... I hope some of the more informed on here will address this but I am pretty sure that is the case.... in FL

Yep! you is correct . . .There used to be a fella on here that went by the signin of "baildoc"
out of the Clearwater area.

Doublespeek will get you nowhere in this Biz :|

And Nope! this aint Sunday School :| :|

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Wed 23 Sep 2009 09:50 
in memoriam

As to the original thread... one line of agreement I might mention is obviously you cannot judge until all the facts are in but the facts as presented state that the brother was a convicted felon.... that places him outside the parameters of legal in that situation, period. He may be the greatest in the world and be extremely qualified as a recovery person but he cannot legally operate as a licensed BEA in many states... Florida being one, Virginia another. I think the primary question on that subject however, was whether or not he was in fact acting as a recovery agent in that instance... and that is outside the facts presented although I think he was exonerated on that matter.... at least in the thread as presented.

As for hiring a convicted felon, well, we have already determined the facts on that.......... and again, it has absolutely nothing to do with what we may or may not have done in our past.... we just judge applicants that want to work for us....... God makes the employment decisions if you want to work for him.......... and even though "I DID AND DO GO TO SUNDAY SCHOOL" I ain't qualified to ask him for a job just yet. :roll: and at that time I sure hope I qualify for upper management.......... 8) 8)

Post Posted: Wed 23 Sep 2009 09:54 
in memoriam

ML-MP wrote:
Unfortunately ignorance is no excuse! Whether one has got caught or escape under the radar which affords one the privilege to speak as such?????????? Never went to Sunday School.LOL:)

I have no idea what you are addressing here..... are you saying that if I have not been convicted as a felon, I cannot make a decision on who I would or would not hire..... that is a completely rediculous assessment of what we are talking about here.

I have never poured gasoline over me and lite a match, but I think I am qualified to determine that I probably would not do this...

Mr. ML-MP.... maybe you need to attend Sunday school once or twice...... I'm not too sure about this but I think you may want to increase your meds. :o

Post Posted: Wed 23 Sep 2009 10:34 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
:shock: This is that Brett Garnier fella . . .

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Wed 23 Sep 2009 12:56 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

The S.I.Q. will ALWAYS dictate how he/she will go back into custody. Granted, maybe they should have made the arrest in the parking area but whats done is done. Personaly, I'm so tired of being compared to law enforcement and how THEY would get a god damn medal for saving all the people in the office that day,but the same action by a bondsman/fugitive recovery agent will get you the responce that we have all just read.

For me, I have over the last few years changed some of the way's I work while out in the field. But in the end it will always be as I stated before your skip will dictate how they wish to return to custody.......

TIER1 INVESTIGATIONAL SERVICES
Private Investigator Lic # 3919
(360) 841-8039
(888) 238-8961
www.tieronepi.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage