Wichita Kansas Recovery Agent Shooting • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Wichita Kansas Recovery Agent Shooting
 Post Posted: Thu 26 Jan 2012 12:14 

Scott, again my comment was not intended to offend or disagree. I frankly didn't remember who said it or the context in which it was said, I simply remembered that someone had said LE officers were not a good fit for this job. That was a statement that I was surpised to see and didn't fully understand.

I realize that police officers are shot / shot at all of the time. My point, which I may not have expressed fully, was that a LE officer would have been better trained and have knocked on hundreds/thousands of more doors than me for example. Chances are good that I might make mistakes that an experienced LE officer would not.

It doesn't take more than a few hours on the Internet to realize that there are many untrained or adrenaline driven people in this business. I CLEARLY was not putting you in that bucket, arguing with your experience, views or any of the above. I simply assumed that the training and experience that a LE officer gains over his or her career puts him or her in a good position to revert to that training and experience in a situation of danger.

I hear what you are saying and I'm sorry if I offended or my comments were taken as a challenge. I should probably be reading more than I am posting. I'll go back to quietly reading now....

Post Posted: Thu 26 Jan 2012 12:38 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
DSI wrote:
The one thing that I learned long ago being a public law enforcement /private law enforcement instructor is not to Monday morning quarterback field officers/agents actions as the right or the wrong of the matter. But to use the incident as a training tool for other officers/agents that maybe put in the same situation.

Let us find out want the facts really are before we rush to judgment. My first concern is that this agent recovers, therefore my prayers go out to him and his family and co-workers.

AMEN !

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Thu 26 Jan 2012 13:06 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
What Gene said. I apologize for side tracking the original post, but I had to address comments made. I get a little defensive when solid advice gained from several weeks of experience is summarily dismissed, or when one of our on is critiqued absent the complete facts.

Mike, I am not the be all and end all, my opinion is just that, and bears no more or less prudence than the next guy's opinion. Everyone here as a back ground and we have members here that are highly countenanced and are revered by the local LE detectives in their respective AO. My local SD has me on contract for investigations for their CSE locates.

Prayers out to his family,

Scott

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Last edited by Mdbtyhtr on Thu 26 Jan 2012 13:12, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu 26 Jan 2012 13:11 

Mdbtyhtr wrote:
I get a little defensive when solid advice gained from several weeks of experience is summarily dismissed

Your thoughts, advice, experience or opinions were not dismissed or disvalued. I also apologized which I guess was not accepted.

Scott, you added a paragraph to your response and I will as well. I by no means want to come here and cause waves, make enemies or get into disagreements with those who clearly know a ton more than I do. I'm here to learn. Perhaps I should word my posts as questions rather than opinions since I probably don't know enough to have an opinion at this juncture.

Again, I apologize and hope that no grudges are held.

Post Posted: Thu 26 Jan 2012 13:40 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Mike your opinions and contributions to this site are welcomed and encouraged. I hold no grudges, or any ill will. Intelligent people can discuss topics and disagree as gentlemen. I look forward to your success in this industry and how your opinions evolve as you gain experience in this business. Please consider that the number of bail enforcement people that actively work in this industry and remain covert in their actions and activities far eclipses the number of "YouTube" hunters desiring attention. Please don't judge this industry based on the flash in the pans that just go away eventually.

I look forward to your success in this industry and to read your opinions as they evolve with your success and experience.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Thu 26 Jan 2012 14:14 

Thank you Scott. I really appreciate it and you.

Post Posted: Fri 27 Jan 2012 14:26 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Man there goes my ideas of You Tube fame :cry: .
All the training in the world and even street smarts wont protect anyone from a bullet. Best outcome we can all hope for is luck, luck and more luck. Knowing what you are walking into, getting enough assistance and even walking away to fight another day increase the lucky day. Even then we may get hit by a car walking back to ours. Training Planning Experience and most of all always being scared Sh*tless everytime I go on a case keeps me on this earth.

360 237 1721 efax
408 402 2710 work cell
DOI Bail Agent Lic 1844214
BSIS G1533544

Go hug a Tree

Post Posted: Fri 27 Jan 2012 20:45 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1366
And Marco in the passenger seat....

" Yeah, I see ya, you ding dong..."

Post Posted: Fri 27 Jan 2012 21:35 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4078
Experience: 3 - 5 years
DSI wrote:
Let us find out want the facts really are before we rush to judgment. My first concern is that this agent recovers, therefore my prayers go out to him and his family and co-workers.

Howdy Pard!
What you said there is spot on! There ain't much info out there that I've found about the incident. The best I've found so far is here:
http://www.kake.com/kansas/headlines/Bo ... 92688.html

Among the facts is the bounty hunter was shot in the back. He was in stable condition after surgery.
Police are still trying to sort out the events leading to the shooting, and of course, looking for the shooter.
Several people have been arrested.

Check the link for better information.

Adios!
Mel

DORA PI10000052

Athame Investigations,
division of Colorado Bounty Hunter LLC
Aurora, Colorado
303-343-7111 Office
303-319-1077 Cell
303-366-3189 Fax

Available for Fugitive Recovery, Process Service, Investigation and Legal Courier Service.

Post Posted: Fri 27 Jan 2012 23:30 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
BondgirlCA wrote:
And Marco in the passenger seat....

Got to have my boy next to me to hold my hand and do all the running

360 237 1721 efax
408 402 2710 work cell
DOI Bail Agent Lic 1844214
BSIS G1533544

Go hug a Tree

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage