Another Fine Example of a Bail Agent • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Another Fine Example of a Bail Agent
 Post Posted: Thu 23 Jun 2011 19:34 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
http://tiptoncounty.wmctv.com/news/crim ... ment/54326

Post subject: Re: Another Fine Example of a Bail Agent
 Post Posted: Thu 23 Jun 2011 20:21 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
oooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...........................

I know my cards, my outdoor signs, and a few other types of advertising I do have in the past disappeared... I think I know who did it but catching them is............ well, difficult.

Have any of you ever picked up other agents cards?????? Have you ever wanted to????? About the only thing I personally have done is to put all the cards in one big stack.... except mine............. but I never took one out of the jail..... :shock:

Have you ever tossed another in the trash can??? I found mine in the trash can several times.... in several jurisdictions... it is hard to deal with people that do not operate above board...

Frankly, this stuff goes on everywhere.... and she just got caught.... just another bad press for our industry.... and I really don't think there is much we can do about it except to behave ourselves.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Thu 23 Jun 2011 20:32 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
NO advertising IN the Jail here. So there are no business cards to be disposed of. The Board sends a List to the Jail and it is posted. The "list" is updated as new companies are added (at the bottom) . . . I am # 2 and 3 and with a sign that sits in my yard (well lite) across from the Jail I have good "visibility" . . . however I could see this happening here

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Fri 24 Jun 2011 07:44 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3322
Hmmm. You know I can't remember the the last time I wasn't under video surveillance in a jail lobby.

Post Posted: Fri 24 Jun 2011 10:26 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
The majority of jails in NC don't allow business cards to be placed in the jail lobby... There are a few that do howvever. It is not at all unusual to find that business cards have been taken by bondsman.

While this is a childish act to say the very least, I question the decision to make this a criminal offense. Maybe suspend the bondsmans ability to write bonds in that paticular jail. Not sure the court docket should be cluttered with a case such as this. Just my opinion.

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Fri 24 Jun 2011 12:01 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
While her actions where in fact childish; she should be spending a night or so in jail. Theft is theft. The cards weren't hers to take or to dispose of. How hard can it be to just behave yourself, stay on the right side of the law and give the image that you are a professional.

Future Recovery agent.

"We are a nation of laws, not of men." - John Adams

Life is full of lessons and one I know understand. While curiosity and the thirst of knowledge is a great thing; It can become a social burden at times. Not everyone can understand "why".. I try my best to stay patient with those who don't understand and will reject me.

Post Posted: Fri 24 Jun 2011 12:07 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Business is tough, people get greedy... no excuse! Glad they caught her and charged her!

Post Posted: Sat 25 Jun 2011 05:35 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
If and when I see a new card in "my jails", I certainly will pick one up and take it with me for reference... is that stealing????? The cards are sitting there in a pile for people to "take"... if she said she was taking for reference and to give the card to other bondsmen for their reference??? proving in court that she "stole" and not just "took"... I think that would be difficult... at least the first time it happened...

... and as for surveillance cameras in my AO... well.... we have a water fountain and a locked front door and smoked glass but cameras... uh.... maybe inside but not in the lobby...

The action was as stated 'childish' and unethical but it happens all the time... I just keep replacing and try to watch...

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sat 25 Jun 2011 08:25 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Taking one or two of each for reference is understandable, but when you take the hole stash it is a it overkill. I don't think she would have needed more then 2 of each for reference. In my opinion, there is a clear line in this situation between taking something for reference Vs. Theft.

Future Recovery agent.

"We are a nation of laws, not of men." - John Adams

Life is full of lessons and one I know understand. While curiosity and the thirst of knowledge is a great thing; It can become a social burden at times. Not everyone can understand "why".. I try my best to stay patient with those who don't understand and will reject me.

Post Posted: Sat 25 Jun 2011 09:49 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2797
Experience: 3 - 5 years
It's this kind of public attention where even the "littlest" attention can get an overkill response. Don't get me wrong, that woman deserved to get arrested. The moment something is displayed "third party" inside the government building, it then becomes the property of the building. Same rule applies with vending machines and ATMs. They are owned by someone else but the building owner becomes the "defacto" owner persay. Let's jsut say her little incident can adversly affect the professionals in that area with one more little bad reputation because of someone else.

307-763-3134

"As Professional Bail Enforcement Agents, we secure the Risk of the Surety by lawfully protecting the interest of not only the safety and security of our Clients and their Surety Agencies, but their Indemnitors and Defendants as well."

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage