Sign Laws and Advertising • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Sign Laws and Advertising
 Post Posted: Wed 11 Mar 2009 10:57 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 3 - 5 years
I wanted to inquire as to if any bonding companies had ever used "yard" signs for advertising. If so, did it bring any business? Also, does anyone know the "law" as to where signs can be placed i.e. telephone poles, beside highways, etc.? I assume it will be up to the city or county compliance dept. as to how it is enforced. I know if it is on private property, permission has to be obtained of course. We have the Nascar Food City 500 coming up, and I would like to advertise around the raceway and surrounding areas. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Owner, A Beagle Investigations and Process Service
TN P.I. License #6232, TN P.I. Company License #1496
Senior Agent, A Bail Away Bonding Company Inc.
T.A.P.B.A. Certification Always Current

Post subject: Re: Sign Laws and Advertising
 Post Posted: Wed 11 Mar 2009 15:14 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
Most cities have a sign ordinance. Check with city hall!

Unless you pay them, I don't know of any private residential property owner would want to have a bail bond sign in their front yard.

We are not the best liked of businesses, that is until they need us.

Post Posted: Wed 11 Mar 2009 15:33 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Generally speaking, placing signs on public property, including utility poles, is illegal in most jurisdictions.

Some other possibilities:

1) Buy advertising through the racing publication.

2) Buy advertising space on the race track, fence, hanging from the rafter's over the concessions stands, etc.

3) Place magnetic and roof top signs on all family and friend's cars and park them strategically in the raqce track parking lot; near the entrance, exit, middle, etc.

4) Buy a sponsorship slot for the racing program.

5) Have as many friends and family members attend the race wearing company t-shirts, ball caps, etc.

6) If you buy an advertising/sponsorship slot from the race track, make sure you get permission to stand inside the entrance gate and hand out ball caps, t-shirts, travel mugs, magnetic calendars, etc. if the race draws 1,000 people, and you issue a ball cap to all 1,000 then you've reached a huge potential market.

The average is 1 and 100. for every 100 people you contact, 1 WILL call you for services or at least that's what I've been told in previous marketing and business seminars.

7) Partner with concession vendors. Budwieser, Coors, Miller, Coca-cola, Pepsi, etc. all will make special event cups. Purchase a business card size ad on the backs. People save these cups as souvenirs and place them on thier desks, TV stands, etc.

8 Partner with local pizza delivery restaurants. I've done this before with fugitive wanted posters. Create your own little coupon, flyer, whatever, and "buy" advertising from the local vendor. Place the flyer-coupon on the top of the pizza boxes.

9) Sponsor hotel key cards. Alot of restaurants do this. Talk to your major hotels about placing your company name on these key cards.

A) If its too late do this for this event, then ask the hotels if you can place a magnetic calendar in each room next to the phone.

10) Print and manufacture bar coaster's and issue these to all of your local watering holes. These are inexpensive to make, about .03-.05 cents apiece (when done in bulk, 500 pieces or more).

I hope some of these ideas are helpful.

Take care and God Bless.

Post Posted: Sat 14 Mar 2009 13:26 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
All good advise and ideas.

I personally have a friend who happens to be a magistrate and also owns a little sign company. I go to Lowes, buy the metal stands that usually have "For Sale" signs in them for a couple of bucks each... take out the sign and put my double sided sign that my magistrate friend makes for me.... and stick them in the ground in various places.... as mentioned, there is always the permission aspect... I have one at the end of my driveway that gets a lot of attention but of course I live in a small community and most everyone knows I am a bondsman anyway, but it provides good exposure anyway. I also got permission to place another one in front of the magistrates office across the street. Not on the jails property but on a business across the street, with everyone's permission. In another jurisdiction I had to go before the board of supervisors to get permission (I took my lovely daughter with me on that one.... and they all smiled and approved it! :mrgreen: ) I have a couple of 4X8' signs in different places but all with permission.... yes they do work and give very good exposure.....

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion