Anyone dealt w/ state and federal agencies skip tracing? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Anyone dealt w/ state and federal agencies skip tracing?
 Post Posted: Fri 06 Feb 2009 12:11 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 3 - 5 years
I don't believe there are any topics about this on the site, but I could be wrong. I know in our bonding contracts, we have a privacy act waiver and authorization to release information on the defendant.

My question is, has anyone ever tried to contact the Soc. Sec. Admin. or State Child Support Entities etc. to get information using the waiver? If so did they have any luck?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Owner, A Beagle Investigations and Process Service
TN P.I. License #6232, TN P.I. Company License #1496
Senior Agent, A Bail Away Bonding Company Inc.
T.A.P.B.A. Certification Always Current

Post subject: Re: Anyone dealt w/ state and federal agencies skip tracing?
 Post Posted: Fri 06 Feb 2009 15:14 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Experience: More than 10 years
Ask RWB, he can fill you in on this one! :)

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Fri 06 Feb 2009 16:42 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
YES and YES
I had to use the form back in 2004 to get a guy (SS, do not date the form until needed, according to SS the Signature of Release is only good for 90 days).
Just last week I used the form to get a guys DOC info out of Texas for use by SS as it would have taken SS (according to them, 30 day turn around of info). The guy neede the info and SS needed the info like ASAP.

You will find a long drawn out disscusion of the use of this specific form here. Check the posts of Kathy . . . Good Luck.
Scott, how do think that RWB learned about this . . . Hmmmm :lol:

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Fri 06 Feb 2009 18:40 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
That is great info... I was not aware of this and have been trying to figure a way to obtain info from these agencies... in fact, I have ask this question several times on here with no definitive answer given... I will search for Kathy's info... thank you for asking this question... it is extremely important to have this access.... I hope it will work in VA... I will let you know because I have a need for it right now....

added later.......... there is a statement on my apps but this is extra and may mean the difference in obtaining the info...

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Last edited by speezack on Sat 07 Feb 2009 07:44, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri 06 Feb 2009 19:30 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Experience: < 3 years
Ive been able to get the CA DMV, Highway Patrol and other agencies to help me out. One of the easiest ways to gain access is to make friends with local PD and then bring them the warrant to their squad car and they will run the name and tell you any info they have you dont. That has helped me out a lot in the past. In CA they are pretty cool about it but usually will want to at least see the warrant and Ive had a few ask for the contract as well but it has never failed me in the past. DMV is a bitch to get information from though. Never tried going to SS Admin or any other federal agency.

Post Posted: Fri 06 Feb 2009 19:45 
in memoriam

I located, copied, rewrote, injected my personal info... tweeked it a bit... take a look...

“Privacy Act Waiver”
“Authorized Release of Information”

As required by Public Law 93-579, the Privacy Act, I hereby request and authorize “FREE STATE BAIL BONDS” and its authorized agent, William T. Marx, Sr., to review all appropriate documentation that he deems necessary in connection with the active bail bond named below. I understand that any documents that I should provide to W.T. Marx, Sr. will be held in strictest confidence and will not be shared with any other agencies, persons or organizations unless directly related to the bail bond described in this document.

I, ____________________________, waive all rights in the release of any and all related information and records that may be necessary in the completion of business related to the bail bonds transaction described herein. This authorization is granted to W.T. Marx, Sr., agent/owner of “Free State Bail Bonds”.

“I sign this waiver in good conscience and without mental reservation.”

Printed: _______________________. Signed: ________________________.

This privacy waiver is directly related to the bail bond on the named defendant for the bond arising out of charges with all pertinent information as follows:

Defendant: _________________________________________.
Jurisdiction: _______________________________________.
Charges: ___________________________________________________________.
Bond Date: ____________________.
Power number(s): _______________________, ____________________________.
Social Security Number: ____________________________________.

This authorization will remain in effect from the above date and for the full duration of the above named bond. When these charges and the related court case is finalized and/or adjudicated in the appropriate court, this authorization will expire. The information obtained will remain a permanent part of this record but will not be shared with any other person, company, agency or other organization unless legally authorized in a court of law.

Signed: _________________________________. Dated: _____________________.

You could have the defendant sign one... each indemnitor sign one... and then at the bottom I sign it ... I have no idea if this will get you any info... but it certainly can't hurt... IMHO.

It may however, need to be notarized... not sure about that.... possible... if so, you could add a line for the notary.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Fri 06 Feb 2009 22:52 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Experience: 3 - 5 years
speezack, good information...thanks!

Post Posted: Fri 06 Feb 2009 23:23 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
I use an "Authorization to Release Requested Information" form that I got from my lil bro Scott. One of the Scott's drafted it, and it is perfect for our work. It covers pretty much anything imaginable, and has worked most everywhere I have used it. It is much more in-depth that the one on my Indemnity Agreement that my insurance company provides. I have both the defendant and cosigner sign it. I have had very good luck using it with LE and other agencies. I need to remove the "date" due to LuVonda's experience with SS, and add the current medical terminology, but all in all, it gets me most everything I need. I use it, but the thanks for it goes elsewhere. It's that respect and helping each other out thing. I never take credit for what another has provided me with, and always get permission and give credit to the original person before passing it on.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post Posted: Sat 07 Feb 2009 02:01 

Wow, I specifically logged on today to ask this exact question. I have a revoke that at one point was cooperative and was willing to meet with me and take care of business, but got spooked and changed her mind. She is a real meth ghost and is very hard to get a bead on. Different sugar daddy every night, cheap motels etc. The two indems and her signed a waiver of privacy that "authorizes and directs" an array of organizations and agencies to provide info on the defendant's whereabouts. I want to find her bank, in the slim chance she has one, and talk to the manager to see if they can provide her latest activity. Also I know what provider her pre-paid phone is through, it would be absolutely golden if they could hook me up with at least a phone bill or even a location of the phone. Thanks for posting this question!

Post Posted: Sat 07 Feb 2009 07:37 
in memoriam

One other item I must mention.

related to Kathy's post:
Quote:
"It is much more in-depth that the one on my Indemnity Agreement that my insurance company provides."

My 'defendant' and 'indemnitor' applications also have an item included that covers this question...

Just above the signature line on each app. there is a very definite statement that gives not only a 'release of information' and 'waiver of the privacy act' but also included is another little item that we are all very familiar with and also has been addressed on here.... the 'waiver of extradition' agreement...

So, having said all that... if you have that on your apps you may not need this "extra" form but it is there if I feel an extra one is needed... this is a little more drawn out than the one on the apps.

Hope this helps... as always in this business... ya neva know what little part of the information you have... will mean the difference in your being able to close the books on a case...

We say it all the time........... "Information is the main ingredient to success in this business"

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion