Need a Push in the right direction,can you help? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Need a Push in the right direction,can you help?
 Post Posted: Tue 25 Jan 2005 11:31 

Hi, i'm 17,will be 18 soon, but i am highly intrested in Bounty Hunting while some of my family does not support this, this is what will make me happy in life, i have always been intrested in Law Enforcement, but the problem there is, i am a free thinker, and i know there would be times i think that a text book proceedure would take my life then get introuble even if it was the right call, anyway, i live in texas, i would like to know some things, like, what is the minimum age you can get licensed, do you even have to be licsensed, what about carrying a gun stuff like that, basicly, what is the youngest age i can be out there taking down fugitives IN the state of Texas, i really would love some help, thank you!

Post subject: Education
 Post Posted: Tue 25 Jan 2005 14:53 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: More than 10 years
Creed,

I get the impression from your post that the warrior path is calling to you, but taking that trip requires life experience.

If I may suggest a route or two:

First, it is important to realize that no one in a position to help you advance your career will take you serious absent a clear ability to convey your thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely in both written and oral methods. This is no reflection on your post, but learning how to do this comes from getting educated.

Second, the Trade is a tough way to make a living--even for the most experienced BEAs. My suggestion would be to check out the Military Police Corps where you'll get that life experience--if you don't mind being plunged into a combat zone right now.

After that--if you come back alive and in once piece and stayed out of trouble--start applying for a cop job. If you get bogged down by little things like following policies and procedures, then perhaps then, and only then, a life in the Trade may be the answer you're looking for.

Rex

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion