First Interview • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: First Interview
 Post Posted: Thu 18 Nov 2004 14:57 

I went to my first 'interview' yesterday at a bail bonds place. I talked to the person in charge of the FRA BEA part of it. I feel you dress for the job at the interview, so I had on a pair of black dickies, black shirt, an black running shoes (im not saying everyone wears all black or boots or shoes, i just didnt go in - in a suit/tie or with my mechanic pants all dirty). The guy was kind of eyeing me up as I talked to him, I shook his hand gave him my name and told him why I was there (again after hee told me to come in and talk to him). He asked if I had any experence, I replied with no (because I dont) but I do have collections experence skip tracing. Calling around and locating the debtor. I also said I have worked as a security officer. He said in PA and the bucks county area everyone goes to court like they should. He only gets 5-6 cases a year (and thats on a good year), but he gives the overload to the in house agents. He said I could fax or hand in my resume to him and he would give me a call if anything comes up or if he could use me. That was that. Now I could be wrong be he had a few keywords pop out that seemed like he wasnt telling the truth. Maybe judged me. The bail place has like maybe 6 places in PA and NJ from what I noticed, and not to judge anyone by where they live but the company had a place in trenton and I used to hand around there. You cant tell me that everyone there goes and never runs, I guess things could change though.

Could anyone point out if I did or said anything wrong? Or give some insight if they know of bucks county being a place dry of skips.

I have no problem traveling across borders to learn and find skips, either maybe I should have made that a point when I was talking to the person. I dont know..

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 18 Nov 2004 16:10 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
Experience: More than 10 years
Sir,
I am sure you did nothing wrong at the interview. We old salty dogs have answered this question many times. This is one of the hardest fields to break into for a new person. Why you say, Stop and put the shoe on the other foot for just a minute. As an owner of a Bail Bonding company you will hire veteran or exprienced BEA Agents Why? Its a liability issue. As a new person with no field training you are asking a owner to risk his business and all he has worked for to give an untrained BEA a case. They are not going to risk this. I always say to a new person to get some training, Buy some books learn all you can, Your best bet to break into this business is to contact BEA teams and train, work for free do what ever it takes you are going to have to prove yourself before anyone will hand you a case. You must understand agency owners are flooded with new people wanting contracts. Alot of us here have been in this business for 10 to 20 yrs yes we have clients but it has taken a while to get them . I average 5-10 calls a day from folks wanting to be a BEA or a Private Investigator. It takes hard work to become any one of these professions.
If this is truely what you think you want just don't give up. You may have 100 interviews before someone will give you a chance. But you will have to bring something to the table other than i want to get into The BE business.

Regards,

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 18 Nov 2004 17:45 

I have to agree with David, If this is what you really want to do then you can't give up. When I first started in this industry it took me a month before someone gave me a chance. I still work for the Bail Bonding Agency that gave me my shot. You will have to be persistant but not to the point that you are harrassing the Agent, persistance can pay off. David also mentioned about training, Rex has several books you should check out, I don't recall his website. If you are carrying a handgun and haven't had any firearms training, get it. In Indianapolis, Indiana we have a Centerfire Firearms Training Center. They cover everything from basic handgun training all the way up to Tactical training. Learn the laws in your area also and stay up to date on them. Remember knowledge is power, the more you know and the more you train the better off you are going to be in this business.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 18 Nov 2004 19:09 
in memoriam

Soull01... I like your attitude aad the fact you reached out for advice. PM me your name and address and I'll send you a free copy of my training manual on CD, Fugitive Recovery and the Law. You will need Microsoft Word to open and print it (300 pages split into 33 chapters).

That's all I can offer.

“What is sought is found... what is overlooked escapes” (Oedipus Rex)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 18 Nov 2004 19:18 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

SOULL01,
The man that just offered you his training CD is one of the best in the business.

LAW, Thank You

Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 18 Nov 2004 20:55 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

soull01 I like you and looking into getting into the business you seem to have more of an idea about it then I do I also worked in collections as a skiptracer and feel these skills will not get me a job however when i do get one will help me in the business. My main problem is living in Mass the laws are so unclear in my opinion about the situation and any emails or phone calls i have made to people in the industry have not been returned does anyone have any ideas or ways to get a start in the business????

Post subject: Getting Started
 Post Posted: Fri 19 Nov 2004 10:11 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
If I may, check out www.uenforcebail.com where you will find a table of contents to "Follow Me: Applied Theories For The Modern-Day Bounty Hunter." The book contains specific sections on getting started, getting work, getting interviewed, and other useful information.

Rex

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 19 Nov 2004 10:59 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Rex is also a well known BEA Agent, Private investigator,Author,and paralegal. and some other thigs i don't know about. REX & LAW's Books,CD's are a woonderful source of information and highly sought after. Both of these Gentleman do take time out of there busy lives to answer questions for the new people and us old people. I would like to take my hat off to them both and say thanks Guys.

Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 19 Nov 2004 15:44 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

I agree i definatley wanna thank all and any one who gives me any help in getting into the business it is an interesting job and helps the commnity and I want both. Thank you Rex Thank you LAWS and Hadley.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 21 Nov 2004 13:18 

I would just like to say, wow and thank you for the support. I can honestly say I didnt think anyone was going to really answer me let alone give me advice and offer me a book to read up an study on.

I will not give up either, I will keep trying as this is something I really want to do. Everyone thinks I am crazy for it, and some of my family wont talk to me because they think its absurd that I want to get into this profession. All I can say is hands down I want to do this. If anyone has anymore advice or information they can give me or help me with please pm me and I can give you contact info, or do so in a reply to my post. Once again thank you guys. Especially L.A.W for that book!

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion