WEAPONS • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: WEAPONS
 Post Posted: Thu 21 Oct 2004 22:00 
in memoriam

I WAS JUST IN ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD AND WAS TOLD THAT GUNS SHOULD NOT BE APART OF A BEAS TOOL BOX-I AM SITTING HERE GETTING MADDER AND MADDER-THIS BEA IS OUT OF PA AND I BELIEVE HE SHOULD KNOW BETTER(I WONDER IF HE WORKS IN ENGLAND WHERE ONLY THE BAD GUYS ARE ARMED).
I DO BELIVE THAT AN APPRENTISE BEA SOULD NOT BE ARMED.BUT I ALSO STRESS THAT EVERY SENIOR TEAM MEMBER SHOULD BE ARMED-I WOULD RATHER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT MY PANTS THAN MY GUN(BOY THAT WOULD BE A SIGHT)WHILE I AGREE MOST ARRESTS OCCUR WITH OUT VIOLENCE THE FEW THAT DO HAPPEN WOULD MOST LIKELY BE FATAL TO THE BEA-I CAN NOT TELL YOU HOW MANY MINOR MISDOMEANOR ARRESTS OR TRAFFIC ARRESTS(SKIP ON DWI OR HABITUAL OFFENDER(FELONY IN NH) ARRESTS THAT I HAVE MADE AND BEEN MEET WITH RESISTANCE)
I DO AGREE THAT GUNS SHOULD NOT BE OVERT AND SHOULD ONLY BE DRAWN AND USED IN A DEFENSIVE MODE BUT THEY ARE PART OF A BEAS TOOL JUST LIKE CUFFS OC BATON AND MOST IMPORTANTLY BRAINS AND TRAINING
AGAIN I SAY THIS IS A DEADLY SERIOUS BUSINESS WE ARE IN AND FOOLS AND AMATURES ARE NOT TOLERATED FOR LONG
AS I HAVE SAID MANY TIMES BEFORE PLEASE BE CAREFUL FUNERALS ARE NOT GOOD THINGS

Post subject: Agreed
 Post Posted: Fri 22 Oct 2004 09:01 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: More than 10 years
Hgunner's analysis of an often overlooked aspect of hunting wanted felony fugitives is right on target, so to speak. The work can lead to tragic events.

Here in the PRC, a firearm must be legally carried by the registered owner. What constitutes legal carry can fill volumes, so we won't get into that, but loaning your gun to anyone is bad ju ju indeed.

I've worked with new people, but said persons had some sort of prior training with firearms and owned their owned weapons. Even then, they are told to stay back and watch unless needed.

This trade of ours is horrendously complex, and I can't impress upon new people enough that it is absolutely imperative to seek out and gather as much information and training as is possible before getting experience.

Rex

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion