Can Anyone Help Me? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Can Anyone Help Me?
 Post Posted: Wed 07 Jul 2004 03:52 

Hello my name is Josh,I live in Arkansas,and im 16 years old.I have my G.E.D and are haveing meny thoughts of what im wanting to do for a career,ive thought about Bail Enforcement but im not sure i can excatly start sience my age,im also not sure and how to attack this,do i need to take traing or college?If so do you have a site where i can find out more about courses,and is there a internet course i can take for the traing,these are some of the questions i have also if you have any more suggections please let me know,you can e-mail me a j_easterly@yahoo.com or replie to this message,Thanks,Josh

Post subject: Just My Opinion
 Post Posted: Wed 07 Jul 2004 14:44 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: More than 10 years
Josh,

The most critical thing for someone at the beginning of his or her life--aside from maintaining good health and keeping family relationships strong--is moving forward with your education.

People will judge you on how you talk, where you've been, and whether or not your background is supportive of following through on things you have started.

You will be hard-pressed to have a career with no educational background. More than likely you will end up with a job that you may or may not like.

We all have paid our dues at some point or another, and I would caution you against moving to have it all right now.

Without going too parental on you, all of this is just my opinion derived from life experience, so good luck.

Rex

Post subject: CAREER
 Post Posted: Tue 13 Jul 2004 00:54 
in memoriam

JOSH-WHILE TV PORTRAYS BEA AS EXCITING AND FUN THIS JOB IS DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS JOB CAN AND DOES GET GOOD PEOPLE KILLED-THIS JOB CAN AND DOES GET DECENT PEOPLE LOCKED UP

THIS JOB CAUSES PEOPLE TO DEFEND THEMSELVES IN COURT BECAUSE OF LIERS AND LIBERAL A-HOLES WHO DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE RIGHTS OF VICTIMS TO FIND JUSTICE

THIS JOB DOES NOT SUFFER FOOLS AND AMATURES

THIS JOB IS IS HOURS OF BOREDOM MIXED WITH HOURS OF BEING UNCOMFORTABLE AND SECONDS OF TERROR

THIS JOB RUINS LIVES AND GIVES YOU THE LOWEST LOWS AND THE HIGHEST HIGHS

THIS JOB CAUSES US TO BE HATED BY THE VERY PEOPLE WE PROTECT(THE GENERAL PUBLIC WHO MISUNDERSTANDS US) THE LIBERAL MEDIA WHO MAKES US LOOK LIKE A PACK OF BLOODTHISTY YAHOOS WITH AN IQ SOMEWHERE AROUND 1 OR 2-THE POLICE WE HELP AND PUT OURSELVES IN HARMS WAY FOR AT TIMES-THE BONDSMEN WHO DEPEND ON US BUT WILL THROUGH US UNDER THE BUS IN A HEARTBEAT AND TRY TO CHEAT US OF OUR HARD FOUGHT PAY

DO YOURSELF AND YOUR LOVED ONES A FAVOR BECOME A COP-JOIN THE MILITARY-LIVE A LITTLE AND EXPERIANCE THE WORLD BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT BEA-LOOK AT ALL THESE BEA CHAT ROOMS WITH A LITTLE SLANT- MOST OF THE POSTERS IN THESE ROOMS ARE WANNABES-FEW TV SHOWS SHOW THE DOWN AND DIRTY TIMES-THEY SHOW THE GLITZ AND EXCITEMENT

ASK YOURSELF A QUESTION-DO I WANT TO LIVE IN A WORLD OF JUNKIES , PIMPS , CHILD MOLESTERS , MURDERERS, GENERAL SCUM
DO I WANT TO BE SPIT ON-KICKED, PUNCHED, PUCKED ON,BITTEN MAYBE SHOT AND KILLED.HOW ABOUT BEING ARRESTED AND MADE TO STAND TRIAL FOR KIDNAPPING AND SPENDING THOUSANDS OF YOUR OWN DOLLARS TO DEFEND YOURSELF BECAUSE THE BONDSMEN AND YOUR FRIENDS ALL OF A SUDDEN FORGOT YOUR NAME-IT HAPPENED TO MY FRIEND BEFORE I KNEW HIM-AGAIN IT HAPPENED TO A GOOD MAN AND LEFT DEEP SCARES ALL BECAUSE HE DID THE RIGHT THING AND RETURNED A SCUMBAG TO JUSTICE

NOW YOU SAY WHY DO I DO THIS JOB? MY BUDDY SAYS BECAUSE I WAS BORN A COP AND WILL BE TO THE DAY I DIE.I MADE MY FIRST ARREST IN 1973 AS A ROOKIE COP IN 1988 I WAS RETIRED FROM THE FORCE DUE TO ON THE JOB INJURY AND FOR A FEW YEARS DID OTHER THINGS BUT WAS NEVER REALLY HAPPY UNTIL I STARTED IN BEA ON HUNTING AGAIN(I HUNT PEOPLE) MY BUDDY BELIEVES THE HUNT IS WHAT DRIVES ME - I BELIEVE THE NEED TO HUNT IS STRONGER IN SOME THAN IN OTHERS-MY NEED TO HUNT DRIVES ME(BOY A NUT DOCTOR WOULD HAVE A FIELD DAY IN MY HEAD)-SEEK OUT A PRO IN YOUR AREA TALK TO HIM ABOUT BEA ITS NOT WHAT YOU THINK IT IS

Post subject: Amen
 Post Posted: Tue 13 Jul 2004 06:38 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

People tuning in to the various forums will find that there are several constants, and Hgunner is one of them--the real deal.

I believe that Hgunner's post details the hard realities of private, civil-contract enforcement.

Remember groups in grade school when everyone sat around talking about what they wanted to be when they grew up? Do you recall anyone saying that they wanted to be a bondsman or bounty hunter--I don't.

Professional BEAs generally don't evolve from a vacuum. Usually something happens after he or she gains experience in life, the military or police work. I happened into BE work by accident. My father became ill and needed help with bad bonds, so I was called and did what I could to help, but I went with military police & LE training and experience, after I finished school.

Indeed, if one is to succeed in BE work then he or she must have something to draw from, and that is usually life experience.

Rex

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 09 Sep 2004 19:23 

Answer his question, do not try to change his mind.

Post subject: become a bea
 Post Posted: Thu 09 Sep 2004 21:50 
in memoriam

I BELIEVE IT IS THE PRO BEA THAT NEEDS TO TELL THE FACTS AND I ALSO BELIEVE IT IS OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO DISCOURAGE NEW PEOPLE FROM ENTERING OUR FIELD---THIS IS NOT A MILKMAN OR A ENGINEER OR A MECHANIC-THIS FIELD GETS PEOPLE KILLED, MAIMED, LOCKED UP(SOMETIMES FOR NO REASON).THIS FIELD HAS THE POTENTIAL TO CAUSE GREAT HARM TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC-ALSO I BELIEVE WE AS BEAS ARE NOT GOING TO BE AROUND MUCH LONGER IN THIS STRANGE NEW WORLD(WHERE CRIMINALS HAVE MORE RIGHTS THAN VICTIMS)WE WILL SOON BE LEGISLATED OUT OF EXSISTANCE WITHOUT OUR KNOWLEDGE BY A PEN STROKE OF THE NEW (SOON TO BE)DEMOCRATIC REGIME UNDER THE COVER OF DARKNESS.
IN REALITY OF THE THOUSANDS OF BAIL ENFORCEMENT AGENTS IN THE COUNTRY I BELIEVE THERE ARE LESS THAN
250 PROS(NO I DO NOT FEAR COMPETITORS MOST OF THE CROP THAT THE BEA SCHOOLS PUT OUT COULD NOT FIND THEIR ASS WITH THEIR HANDS)
I CAN ALWAYS TELL WHEN A BEA SCHOOL FINISHES- I GET A TON OF PRETTY NEW BUSINESS CARDS IN THE MAIL.
THESE SO CALLED BEA SCHOOLS HAVE THE RIGHT IDEA CHARGE HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS TO NEWBIES TO LEARN TO BE A BEA SELL THEM A BEA KIT WITH FANCY PATCHS, JACKETS , SHINEY NEW HANDCUFFS, ETC. FOR ADDITIONAL MONEY AND GET RICH THE EASY WAY.IN THE MEAN TIME THE AMATURES FIND SOME LESS THAN REPUTABLE BONDSMEN WHO MIGHT PAY HIM 7 PERCENT(IF HE GETS PAID AT ALL-EXAMPLE VINCE SMITH)
ALL OF A SUDDEN WE ARE TRYING TO RAISE MONEY FOR A FUNERAL AND HELP THE WIFE OF A NEWBIE BEA THAT GOT KILLED BECAUSE HE THOUGHT HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING BECAUSE HE WENT TO A TWO OR THREE DAY SCHOOL-I HAVE BEEN TO FAR MORE LEO FUNERALS DURING MY CAREER THAN I SHOULD HAVE BEEN. I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO A BEA-GOOD BEAS ARE FASHIONED BY LIFE-NOT BY THE GLAMOR OF TV-LIFE EXPERIANCE IS THE FURNACE THAT FORGES A PRO BEA-YEARS ON THE STREET AS A STREET COP-YEARS OF MILITARY SERVICE-THE KEY WORDS ARE YEARS OF SERVICE NOT HOURS , DAYS , OR EVEN WEEKS-THE STEEL IN OUR VEINS COMES FROM THE FIGHTS(THAT WE WON AND INJURYS FROM THE ONES WE LOST)NOT FROM A SCHOOL-THE INSTINCTS THAT WE HAVE GREW ON THE STREET NOT IN A SCHOOL-IF A BULLET COMES YOUR WAY WILL YOU SH-T YOUR PANTS OR RETURN FIRE-EXPERIANCE WILL KEEP YOU ALIVE-WHAT IF YOU HAVE TO KILL SOMEONE CAN YOU LIVE WITH THAT? I HAVE 6 TIMES AND I DO LIVE WITH THAT EVERY DAY-NO I DO NOT SAYWE DO NOT NEED NEW PEOPLE GOD KNOWS I AM A 49 YEAR OLD GIMPY FAT MAN AND DO HAVE YOUNG BLOOD ON MY TEAM- THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT BUTCHERS BAKERS OR CANDLESTICK MAKERS-THE YOUNG GUYS ARE HARD AS NAILS TEMPERED BY FIRE

IF AFTER ALL I JUST PREACHED ABOUT IF YOU STILL WANT TO DO THIS JOIN THE MILITARY OR BECOME A COP IN A CITY-GET SOME REAL TRAINING AND EXPERIANCE THAN COME SEE US-IF BEA IS STILL ALLOWED

Last edited by HGUNNER on Fri 10 Sep 2004 13:14, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Well!
 Post Posted: Fri 10 Sep 2004 12:24 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Hgunner,

I submit to those viewing that you did indeed answer the question and then some.

Your analysis of the seminar BEAs is insightful and clearly based on training and years of experience.

People with no background in the adventure trades (military, law enforcement, private investigations, executive protection) must take care to fully investigate what it is that they are seeking to include confronting a wanted felony fugitive willing to kill to avoid justice.

Let that one sink in. Not including my military and law enforcement experiences, I've been shot at, had knives pulled on me, been chased by dogs, and have defended my weapon from gun grabs. Now, why would someone shoot, present an edge weapon, send the dogs, and/or try to take my gun? Uh? Why?

GET EDUCATED!!!!!!

Rex

Post subject: KIDS
 Post Posted: Fri 10 Sep 2004 13:10 
in memoriam

REX YOU TO HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD---SINCE 1973 I HAVE BEEN ON THE STREETS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY-DURING MY CAREER IN THE NYPD I HAD MANY ASSIGNMENTS -PATROL- PLAIN CLOTHES(ANTI CRIME - VICE- EMERGENCY SERVICE UNIT(NYPD SWAT) - WARRENT SQUAD- DETECTIVE-AFTER I RETIRED I OPENED A REPOSSESION FIRM-WE HAVE REPOED OVER 7000 MOTOR VEHICLES - 2 ROTOR CRAFT(HELICOPTORS) MANY FIXED WING UNIT(BOTH PROPS AND JETS) MORE BOATS THAN I CAN REMEMBER INCLUDING A 107 FOOT YACHT IN PORTLAND ME HARBOR AND MANY MANY ATVS MOTORHOMES AND TRAVEL TRAILERS.WE HAVE HAD EVERY KIND OF DEADLY FORCE USED AGAINST US AND ARE STILL HERE.AS FAR AS BEA GOES SAME THING WE HAVE HAD GUNS , KNIVES , PIPES, AUTOMOBILES , FISTS AND EVERY OTHER WEAPON USED AGAINST US-WE ARE STILL HERE-WE HAVE NEVER BEEN ACCUSED BY ANY GOVERMENT AGENCY OF ANY MISUSE OF FORCE OR ANY OTHER LAW INFRACTION WHILE TENDING TO BUSINESS-WE HAVE BEEN ACCUSED OF LIEING MANY TIMES BY BAD GUYS AND I DO ADMIT TO BEING A MASTER OF PRETEXTING-I INVITE ANYBODY TO CALL ME AND CHECK MY CREDENITIALS AND THOSE OF MY TEAM 24/7 MY EMAIL AND PHONE ARE ON THIS POSTING SO IS MY FULL NAME-WAHT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET-THAT SAID AFTER CHATING WITH PEOPLE ON THIS SITE THERE ARE SOME GENUINE BEAS TO NAME A FEW LANCE -REX - MICHAEL B- ERICK K TO NAME BUT A FEW-ANY ONE WITH FIELD EXPERIANCE WILL KNOW THAT IN A MOMENT-BEWARE THERE ARE PLENTY OF BACKSEAT QUARTER BACKS AND WANTABEES AND KNOW IT ALLS AROUND TOO-ALL YOU NEW PEOPLE BEWARE WHO YOU LISTEN TO AND TAKE ALL INFO AS SUSPECT CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF-THIS BUSINESS IS NOT FUN IT IS DEADLY SERIOUS-DO NOT LEAVE THAT PRETTY NEW WIFE A WIDOW OR THAT NEW BABY WITHOUT A PARENT BECAUSE OF THE GLITZ OF TV

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 05 Oct 2004 17:27 

I am a new member and looking to get into BEA. I would like to here from the more experince what is a good training course to attend if Military and Police is not an option. I was looking at the National Association Bail Enforcment Agents. What do you think.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 07 Oct 2004 14:29 

Josh
the best advise i can give you is get your education, then go to the military, or continue with college to get your B.A at the same time join a law enforcement agency. Then when you retire, you can go do this crazy work. Best of luck! 8)

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion