Do Your Math! • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Do Your Math!
 Post Posted: Sun 20 Jun 2004 10:12 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: More than 10 years
After some relaxing Internet surfing this morning, I accidentally happened upon yet another alleged BEA forgetting to do the math before claiming certain arrest stats on a site that is frequented by cops.

Some simple math would have told the poster that he would have had to make over 2 arrests everyday for the past 12 years to barely get close to the number being put out there.

This is not an isolated thing. One person claimed to have made over 3.5 arrests everyday for three years straight, or at least that's what the numbers come out to.

Mr. Chapman claims to have made 1.3 arrests everyday for the past 24 years or so.

C'mon! Independent contractors do not get easy cases! We get the terminal cases. We get the messed up cases. Let's face it, would you pay someone hundreds or thousands of dollars to make a simple arrest?

My numbers are embarassingly low by comparison. I wish it were more, but some of these skips are real rascals. The work is hard. Sometimes I can't collect from clients. Sometimes it cost more to investigate than the case is worth. That's why we get paid large commissions for large bonds.

In closing, before one takes on the bafoon persona, remember that a bail enforcement commission is taxable. If you're gonna toss out incredible numbers you had better be able to show that your records are in order during the tax audit.

A bondsman in my area got sunk after and audit, and his records had my name in them. Guess who got hit next? Me. I walked out of that audit with everything I walked in with. In fact, I was complimented for my record keeping. What if I claimed making 3 arrests daily for 12 years?

Think about it.

Rex

Post subject: DATA
 Post Posted: Sun 20 Jun 2004 11:15 
in memoriam

THIS DISCUSSION BRINGS TO MIND AN OLD SAYING IT GOES SOMETHING LIKE THIS-FIGURES DONT LIE BUT LIERS CAN FIGURE-IT MEANS WHAT IT SAYS -THINK TWICE CUT IN HALF THINK AGAIN CUT IN HALF AGAIN AND MAYBE YOU WILL GET AN IDEA OF THE REAL FIGURE ON ARRESTS

AS A STREET COP IN NYC FOR 6 YEARS AND A DETECTIVE FOR 10 WORKING AT LEAST 40 EVERY WEEK I MAYBE DID 1500 ARREST(OFF THE CUFF ESTIMATE)INCLUDING TRAFFIC AND CRIMINAL.AS A BEA FROM APRIL 03 TO APRIL 04 IT WAS 59 MOSTLY FELONY-JUST ABOUT EVERY ONE HARD FOUGHT NONE EASY-REX IS RIGHT EAY ONE PICKED UP BY THE CHEAPER 3 DAY WONDERS(SOME CHARGING AS LITTLS AS 4 PERCENT) TOUGH ONES LEFT FOR THE PROS.

SAME THING HAPPENING IN THE REPO BUSINESS-A CROP OF CHEAPER LESS QUILIFIED FIRMS OPENED UP AND TOOK AWAY THE GRAVY WORK (EASY POPS) LEAVING THE PROS THE TOUGH POPS.IT WORKED OUT OK FOR ME- I NOW CHARGE APPROX DOUBLE WHAT I WAS CHARGING AND DOING HALF THE WORK FOR THE SAME PROFIT.THE REPO BUSINESS HAS MORE UPS AND DOWNS THAN THE STOCK MARKET-BUT IF YOUR GOOD YOU WILL WORK THRU THE SLACK TIMES AND LATER BASK IN THE SHINING TIMES-ALL BUSINESS TENDS TO POLICE ITSELF OF THE BLOWHARDS AND ONLY THE BEST LAST THRU THE TRYING TIMES ONLY TO BE CHALLENGED AGAIN WHEN THINGS GET GOOD

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 20 Jun 2004 16:08 
in memoriam

March 16th marked my 20th year in this stinking business with 1,249 apprehensions from seventeen states and seven from foreign soil. I have every file... from the current to my very first capture. Through the years I've confronted many idiots who have claimed hundreds/thousands of apprehensions. When confronted they immediately back pedal saying they don't have the file, or they didn't keep a record or some other lame excuse when I've asked how can they capture even one bad guy a day for the amount of years claimed. Suddenly they either disappear from forums or they change the subject and refuse to discuss the matter.

I've also confronted several through the years who have claimed they either know me or worked with me when I never even heard of them!

So... this is what I've learned... "an empty barrel makes the loudest noise."

As regards Duane Lee Chapman... the man is a LIAR, a FRAUD, a religious HYPOCRITE and the head of an ongoing CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE; I don't know whether or not such statements are allowed on this forum but if 'truth' reigns over 'political correctness' then I stand firm. Chapman has refused to debate with me through national media because he is a person without substance... a person without truth. If I ever learn I have a small while to live due to a medical factor, I would likely commit a crime, jump bail and pay the bondsman to send Chapman after me.

I leave the rest to your own imagination...

“What is sought is found... what is overlooked escapes” (Oedipus Rex)

Post subject: Me Too
 Post Posted: Mon 28 Jun 2004 12:42 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: More than 10 years
L.A.W.,

I just had a gentleman of my acquaintance ask me how long his daughter's boyfriend had been working with me.

While I knew of the young man in question, I had to confess that he was probably telling stories.

Dad, grinned, thanked me for sharing, and said, "I thought so."

Why would someone drop a fictional account that is so easy to check?

Rex

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion