Cuffs: hinged or chained? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Cuffs: hinged or chained?
 Post Posted: Sat 05 Feb 2005 22:09 

Cuffs: do you prefer hinged or chained? Also, has anyone tried the ASP tactical cuffs?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 06 Feb 2005 07:48 

I carry both. The hinged cuffs are great for "helping" a fighter learn to be compliant. Chain cuffs are more comfortable for long transports or a skip that cooperates. If you use chain cuffs, I would strongly suggest a belly chain. I demonstrated some of my Houdini skills in front of a BEA class. Some of the people, who strongly perferred chain, bought hinged that day. I did the same tricks when I was in the back of a cruiser. The Lt. was not amused. No matter which you use, they are not replacements for constant supervision of your prisoner

Post subject: HINGED OR CHAIN
 Post Posted: Sun 06 Feb 2005 20:13 
in memoriam

BOTH HAVE GOOD AND BAD POINTS-HINGED CUFFS AS SAID BEFORE MAKE IT EASIER TO CONTROL A COMBATIVE ARRESTEE BUT THEY ARE HARDER TO PUT ON A FIGHTING OR UNCOOPERITIVE SUBJET-THEY ARE ALSO MORE SECURE BY LIMITING BOTH ARM AND WRIST MOVEMENT.
AS FOR CHAIN CUFFS EASIER TO APPLY QUICKLY-MORE COMFORTABLE
LESS POTENTIAL DAMAGE TO NERVES IN THE WRIST-THERE ARE SOME TRICKS TO MAKE THESE CUFFS BETTER FOR EXAMPLE PUT THE CUFF CHAIN BETWEEN THE BELT AND PANT THAN CUFF YOUR SUBJECT. NOW HE OR SHE IS MORE SECURE-ALSO ON ANY TRANSPORT ALWAYS CUFF IN FRONT WITH A BELLY CHAIN OR BELLY BELT-NO ONE SHOULD BE CUFFED BEHIND THEIR BACK FOR MORE THAN 30 MINUTES-PHYSICAL DAMAGE IS LIKELY TO SET IN

AS FAR AS ASP TAC CUFFS WE HAVE 3 PAIR VERY QUICK TO PUT ON AND DOUBLE LOCK EASY TO REMOVE-I PERSONALLY LIKE THEM

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion