A little update • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: A little update
 Post Posted: Mon 31 Jan 2005 17:29 

I have went to my local USMC recruiting office where my friend is a recruiter in training and I have talked to the gunnysgt on my situtation. I took the EAST test (practice asvab) and scored a 54, he said you need a 54 to get into the Marine Corps. I am pretty excited. We talked about a few MOS's and I have decided on the Security field. MP's, Brig Guards, Security Forces, Presidential Security, Embassy Security etc.. I also seen a type of training where you get to have training with a K9. Thought it looked pretty decent. I was also invited to goto the poolie functions every thursday. I dont know if I am going to go every thursday though, I joined ballys and started working out to get into shape.

I still am intrested in the LE field, more so FRA/BEA so I hope everything will work out...

The only problem is everyone I talk to including a few friends has been telling me not to join, they say join the police force or something, just stay away from the military. I hope its not a bad omen or anything.

Just dropping by to catch up on a few posts and give an update!

Post subject: Soull01
 Post Posted: Tue 01 Feb 2005 13:11 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Soull01, It's good to hear from you again. I think you are making a wise choice. The miltary will train you for your future and it will bring you all kinds of respect that you can't buy. Goog Luck and stay in touch!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 05 Feb 2005 23:22 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2351
Experience: More than 10 years
You are making a great decison and the training will help you in any career you may chose later in life get your education in while you are enlisted good luck and god bless

Omaha, Nebraska.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 06 Feb 2005 15:55 

Hey guys, thanks for the responses! I will use the military to the best of my ability. I want to just live a good life an do something I love. Hopefully I will get there but going into the service. The MP field has many options so I would think when time comes for me to get a Civi job I will have the experience to go far in the LEO field.

I hope to talk to you all soon!

Stay safe and I will be back soon!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 08 Feb 2005 01:45 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Military is good. Though make the best use of your time. Alot of people join, and end up drinking alot, going out. If you really are interested in making career advancement. Volunteer for every school you can get. Alot of units base who they send to schools on their PT tests. So train for the Marine Physical Fitness test. Take as many military schools as you can, and try to get in as many correspondence courses as you can stomach. They offer those in about every subject you can think of. ALSO... alot of units will give you time off to go to college, but you will still get your military pay. Take your college classes when you can, and work on getting your degree as quickly as possible, even if you have to take classes after your regular marine duty hours. Also... if your in the security field, go by the local police... alot of departmens offer courses for their officers, and will let active military in for free. IE... Baton, Mace, Firearms, etc. Now your probably wondering why do that... wont the marines teach me to shoot. Yes, BUT military education/training doesnt always transfer over to civillian life. So think about what your going to do after the military. Just my thoughts, hope it helps. Good luck.

PS... Army Rangers are the baddest SOBs on the planet. :wink:

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion