Need help with a touchy subject • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Need help with a touchy subject
 Post Posted: Sat 25 Nov 2006 20:29 

I am trying to find out if it is possible for someone like a FRA to help with traveling out of state to recover an abused teenage male who is now old enough to become emancipated in the Butte court but just needs to get here from out of state. He is being abused by his parents and can not get here himself but once he is here will become immediately emancipated by the local court. They have already said all he needs to do is get here. Can a Fug. Recovery agent go get him and bring him to Montana? If so, please someone send a PM to me with info on how to arrange this. It needs to be done very soon. Please help as he is losing his will to live in his current situation and needs to be removed ASAP.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 25 Nov 2006 20:53 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
Experience: More than 10 years
An FRA could not help you in this situation . I would contact child protection service in the area that they are in and present your case to them and let them go from there. Also the young man could call them his self. If they see fit the young man can be removed from the home by Child Protection. If it is an emergency have him call 911

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 25 Nov 2006 21:07 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1366
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Some states have annonymous call lines where you can call and make a complaint and the police can gete involved. It sounds like a DCF deal..In this state, they can legally remove a child fom the home if they find proof of wrongdoing. I'd try calling them too...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 26 Nov 2006 08:16 

Unfortunately, no one wants to do anything to protect the child. It seems the parents have all the rights and no one cares about the kid. Everyone has been called, the police, the DCF, they went to court in MT and unfortunately the kid was not quite old enough at the time to be emancipated or the judge said they would have done it, but now he is.

There were all sorts of things that were demanded by the court that have never been done (red tape???) and the kid is the one who has to suffer from a very abusive father. This child has twice said he wants to die because he can't take it any longer but still no one does anything to protect him, only the parents. what kind of world is this if people can plainly see this is an abusive situation and do nothing to remove the kid. They still think he is better off living at home with horrible people who abuse him.

The system stinks!!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 26 Nov 2006 12:07 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
and EXACTLY how are you related to this child and issue???
The child (if old enough as you say) can contact the authorities thru school and be protected in that fashion.
WE and others like us cannot help you - WE cannot steal a child and take him or her to another jurisdiction - WE are Recovery Agents NOT kidnappers.
Others here have suggested that you call the proper authorities - as you then state "the system stinks" - yes in some aspects it does - yet it is set up to protect - as in criminal cases it is the responsibility of the Sate to prove guilt - IF no one in the DHS system wants to help ... then gather your information and seek help thru an attorney.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 26 Nov 2006 14:27 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Things don't seem to add up here. If the judge now states the child is old enough and will grant him emancipation, the judge has authority to contact the local LE or other agencies to make it so if FACTS warrant it.

Today it is very easy for a neighbor, relative, teacher, nurse or stranger in a shopping mall to make a child abuse complaint and the Child Protection Services will remove a child. I can't believe this is a real case and no one is doing anything about it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 26 Nov 2006 15:40 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
I agree that sometimes our system fails and things fall into the cracks. I have worked more than a few cases of different types of abuse. I think the only answer someone from here can give is the answers that have been given. Not knowing all the facts as they pertain to this particular case. If indeed this is going on i also have to agree with Tony,to many ways now days to accomplish what would need to be done as to the fate of the child in an abusive home. I would have to say that around 80% of cases we have handled have turned out to not be abuse cases but a teenager that no longer feels that they should have to abide by any rules as they are grown at 16 or so. So as i stated your best recourse is to put pressure on the proper agencies if this is a for real situation.

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 28 Nov 2006 18:27 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

This could clearly be just a case of someone crying wolf. It is hard to think that all agencies available to help would do nothing unless there is no reason for a cause of action. I know of and have been myself invovled with incidents where other people trying to make problems for myself and others by calling the authorities and had to prove that I was innocent.

This of course is just my opinion.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 28 Nov 2006 19:13 

Not so hard to believe when your from a big city :evil:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 03 Dec 2006 10:31 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I was making reference to a big city but understand that not all areas are the same and was really trying to point out that some just try to make trouble for others for no other reason than, that they can.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion