DISCUSSIONS • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: DISCUSSIONS
 Post Posted: Mon 31 Jul 2006 12:02 
in memoriam

I just had the pleasure of speaking to a politician from the wrong party-we must have been on the phone approx 14 minutes and spoke about many issues eventually we spoke about iraq , afganistan, israel and yes bea also gun control --the gentlemen was a democratic senator from a new england state and was curious about bea and my republican senator suggested he speak to me--while the discourse was polite and a learning tool for both of us I was amazed to discover the lack of knowledge or the lack of spine or maybe the lack of flexibilty he seemed to have
we were exact opposits on all issues but bea-he did not a party line on that issue yet but did express his concern about the many screw ups from the 90's to today he brought up the arizona incident where theives killed people while pretending to be beas-he brought up nj incident and a mass incident involving the usrb student and a few others-i brought up many incidents with fed state and local pds in the same time frame--here is what bothered me the most with our little talk his answer to most of my facts and questions were that things are not always that simple-I believe in my mind things are that simple -maybe i trained myself to get down to the smallest common demominator or to cut thru the crap or focus on a problem-but i do believe when all the garbage is cleared away answers are simple-- in iraq the goverment were hiding training and funding terrorists-the killed approx 3000 innocent civilians in this country--that earns them our attention and the right to exterminate that country like the roaches they are-we give the population time to leave and than make iraq a parking lot-same goes for afganistan--isreal has the right to do the same to any country that screws with them-as long as lebanon and the palistiens harbor terrorists than they to should disappear from all maps-now comes the bea section--in this section he admitted he knew little about bea i gave him a short course from tvst nicholls and other decisions and laws giving us our authority--we spoke about funding issues including tite budgets in local and state pds and yes even du-du entered the picture-we discussed state rights and why in my opinion they should not play a part in bea-i told him my idea of a national license system with some real teeth to discourage illegal bea-i also expressed the fact of access to federal data bases--I also discussed maybe the fed marshall or the dept of homeland security over seeing our licensing and charging a fee to cover costs--i gave my opinion how a federally accepted training course run by an organization like the national registry of emergency medical technitions could over see local training using groups like the nabea, nibe.etc.----i believe i overwhelmed him with info

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 31 Jul 2006 12:43 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

I am not trying to be smart aleck here, but are you really sure you would want the Federal Government in charge of all of this? Do you think it might be more of a mess than it currently is under state government? I can understand your concerns, I really do, but I'm not sure about federal control.

I am not an agent but do enjoy reading all of the information. I have learned a lot. I just find it interesting.

Post subject: feds
 Post Posted: Mon 31 Jul 2006 13:14 
in memoriam

Jake in my opinion the fed is the only way to go with 50 states there are 50 sets of laws--taylor vs taintor is disreguarded by most states even though it is a federal decision and binding--WITH PROPER FED GUIDELINES AND AUTHORITY WE WOULD AGAIN TAKE STATES OUT OF THE EQUATION AND CONTROL MANY OF OUR PROBLEMS-you do have a point that the feds can screw up anything but so can local goverment--as a matter i distrust all goverment wether local state or fed but i also think in this situation the fed is the only possible solution to the mess created by having 50 different answers to the same question

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 31 Jul 2006 14:28 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
I agree with Hadley in that there needs to be some form of STANDARDISED regulatons.
I think that it would be beneficial to all of us that work on the up and up, and should take the major dumb asses out of play
But then again . . . I don't care for the idea that any form of government has too much control.
Call it the conspiracy theory, paranoia, or just not wanting to be a sheeple...maybe I just did too much required reading in High School.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post subject: goverment
 Post Posted: Mon 31 Jul 2006 14:42 
in memoriam

As I said before i to distrust any and all forms of goverment from local on up to federal but we work under a federal decision ad we work interstate so that makes us a federal problem to be dealt with by federal authorities

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 31 Jul 2006 18:24 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I agree with Hadley, something has to be done or eventually this industry will be regulated out of existence.

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath."
- Kingdom of Heaven

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 31 Jul 2006 19:39 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

I understand what you are saying and I know 50 different sets of laws can be frustrating. It just seems like sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. And when you have one federal law you are working under, in each state, then you have each state's interpretation of the law. lol - If that makes sense. I guess it could be confusion either way. And I worry about the feds having too much control. Hope I'm making sense.

I really understand your concern though.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 31 Jul 2006 20:30 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Yes we need cohesion with the laws regarding this industry and that means some sort of Federal Guidlines in the very least. Let us take a look at an issue that happened just this past week regarding state laws and the Federal government stepping up to the plate to fix a nightmare.

Each and every state had a different set of guidlines regarding the registration of sex offenders, most were along the same lines but all failed when the sex offender moved to another state and monitoring and tracking them fell apart due to changing residence from one state to another. The Federal government stepped up to the plate last week with John Walsh and his wife present our President signed into law the Adam Walsh (it has more to the title) Law making it a federal crime if the sex offenders do not report their locations of residence. Now the U.S. Marshalls will be hunting them if they fail to report when in the past they fell through the cracks.

What does this have to do with Hadley's topic? Cohesion in the law where we would be under one set of laws versus 50 as he has mentioned. Do we want them intruding into our profession? NO! We do want to have one set of guidlines, laws, rules and qualifications regarding our industry which all could understand and then maybe we could rid this industry of the cowboy's that none of us appreciate or want around to tarnish our profession.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 01 Aug 2006 06:54 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

I understand completely. I guess I was just afraid of trading one nightmare for another. But I understand. And that is a great law the Walsh's are sponsoring. It makes sense.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion