A new rule? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: A new rule?
 Post Posted: Tue 19 Sep 2006 05:39 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2351
Experience: More than 10 years
I would like to add a suggestion for a new rule for this board. If you want to be a member and be able to post messages there should be a rule that all your info be filled out in your profile and verified. No profile no posts. Im really tired of people being here making post and just really causing problems for the fun of it and hidding behind a mask so to speak. I understand we have a members area but remember folks when the general public, media and producers come to this site this garbage is the first thing they see and read and believe me they do come here.
Lets clean it up!
Just my two cents

Omaha, Nebraska.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 19 Sep 2006 06:03 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Experience: More than 10 years
It's a good idea, and I've encountered that requirement before on other websites.

This is an Admin issue as he wil have to re-tool the sign-up section to make profiles mandatory before allowing them to move into the forum area to make a post.

Until then, we can choose to ignore anyone who joins who is profile-less (?) new word maybe ?...lol

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 19 Sep 2006 07:44 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Mindtracker wrote:
It's a good idea, and I've encountered that requirement before on other websites.

This is an Admin issue as he wil have to re-tool the sign-up section to make profiles mandatory before allowing them to move into the forum area to make a post.

Until then, we can choose to ignore anyone who joins who is profile-less (?) new word maybe ?...lol

Looks like I just barely made it under the wire then!

I've never seen profiles as a requirement, but did have people wondering if I was a privacy freak or "trolling while anonymous" when arguing without having filled out a profile on another board. I've just never seen the point. If someone wants to know something about me, and thinks it's their business, they can just ask.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 19 Sep 2006 08:49 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Ok... Who are you? What is your experience? etc. etc. etc. :D

There is quite a few of us that have had disagreements on here and we each know who and what we are without fear of giving up our privacy. People that fill out the profile tend to receive a perception of more credibility than others that choose to hide.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 19 Sep 2006 08:56 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
I agree. If someone isn't willing to fill out a profile they must be hiding something. Remember, this is a public forum, so you don't have to be a pro to post here. It is nice however to know who you are.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 19 Sep 2006 09:35 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

HoundDog wrote:
Ok... Who are you? What is your experience? etc. etc. etc. :D

An MBA student at the University of Phonix. It was a combination ground campus and online program, but they're letting me do the whole thing online now since the campus was wiped out. I was security guard, MP and local LEO before taking an EMT course and going the medical route. Now that I've indulged that i;nterests I'm thinking of getting a real job.

HoundDog wrote:
There is quite a few of us that have had disagreements on here and we each know who and what we are without fear of giving up our privacy. People that fill out the profile tend to receive a perception of more credibility than others that choose to hide.

Yes, I saw a heated argument on another board between an anonymous screen name that was using some past dirt against someone else that he couldn't have used if that someone else had ::also:: been using an anonymous screen name. Seemed kinda gutless to me. (although he seemed like an OK guy in emails and was just on an ultra privacy kick..)

William Baldwin,BS,MD-S
MBA HCM program
Ground below Zero
New Orleans, La
www.coastguardauxiliaryfc61.org

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 19 Sep 2006 09:48 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

kebcpa wrote:
I agree. If someone isn't willing to fill out a profile they must be hiding something. Remember, this is a public forum, so you don't have to be a pro to post here. It is nice however to know who you are.

I once felt that way too. I once "pretexted" myself to my former phone company and found out how easy it is to get account passwords and etc on someone with just the slightest bit of background info. Had I have been my enemy I could have charged long distance calls to Japan at a time when LD meant big $$.
It's too late now, with my real name and story all over the net and all, but if I had to do it over again, I just might would go the ultra privacy route.

Then again, I am what I am, stand behind what I say, and put my name on it. Might as well keep it up and probably couldn't change that if I tried...

New Orleans, La.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 19 Sep 2006 15:30 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Well William welcome to our discussions now that we have a name to add. Thanks for not being offended when we posted about privacy and who you were.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 26 Sep 2006 17:41 

I guess it doesn't exactly have anything to do with this new rule... but I'm glad I found this site and everybody has been as helpful as they've been. I have been posting here for a few months now and have received so much useful information that I plan to use in my career (as soon as it begins!). So, I just wanted to say thanks. I truly appreciate all of the advice and information that I've received from the true professionals in the field. Can't wait to one day work with all of you in the near future.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 26 Sep 2006 17:41 

Wow... I just turned into the worlds largest kiss-@$$

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion