PBUS • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: PBUS
 Post Posted: Tue 22 Nov 2005 08:38 
in memoriam

PEOPLE HERE IS THE LATEST FROM THE OLD RICH MEN MEMBERS OF THAT KNOW NOTHING ORGANIZATION CALLED PBUS--A VERY RELIABLE SOURCE HAS SAID THAT PBUS IN ITS FEB MEETING IS PUTTING ON ITS AGENDA TO PURPOSE THAT ALL BEA'S WILL BE RELAGATED TO SKIP TRACERS AND ONLY LAW ENFORCEMENT CAN BE AUTHORIZED TO MAKE THE APPREHENSION--SO FOR ALL YOU THAT WORK FOR PBUS BONDSMEN WATCH OUT-AS I HAVE SAID MANY TIMES BEFORE PBUS DOES NOT REPRESNT OUR INTERESTS BUT ONLY THE INTERESTS OF THE OLD BOY BONDSMEN NETWORK THAT WOULD LOVE TO SEE US OUT OF THE PIC SO THEY COULD SAVE THAT 10 PERCENT AND THAT LARGE INSURANCE PAYMENT-REMEMBER THEIR OATH MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY --THEY SHOULD BE BACKING A NATIONAL REGISTRY OF BEA WITH STATE LICENSING AND A NATIONALY ACCEPTED TRAINING COURSE--ALL IN A SIMILAR FASHION TO E.M.T. AND PARAMEDICS(ALL EMERGENY MEDICAL TECHS AND MEDICS KNOW WHAT I AM REFERING TO) IT IS MY OPINION UNLESS WE ORGANIZE WE WILL CEASE TO EXSIST IN LESS THAN FIVE YEARS --CALL ME ANY TIME TO DISCUSS THIS

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 23 Nov 2005 05:45 
in memoriam

If PBUS members have their bail enforcment people act in the capacity of 'skip tracer' only and rely on law enforcement to make the apprehension the bail agencies will quickly suffer extreme financial losses. How can PBUS expect the police to arrive 'on time' to grab the bad guy?

PBUS has been experiencing a decline in membership and such a 'suggestion' will cause more bail agents to not renew their membership.

“What is sought is found... what is overlooked escapes” (Oedipus Rex)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 23 Nov 2005 10:49 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I am telling PBUS now that if they think Law Enforcement is going to make the arrest for a Bail Bondsman to save money they are surely crazy. Law Enforcement will sit on their rear ends and wait for the Bondsman to pay off the bond before considering even to put the skip on a Hot Sheet.

Last edited by HoundDog on Thu 24 Nov 2005 07:52, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 24 Nov 2005 03:44 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

They are out of their minds.

The LE agencies simply do not have the time or the manpower to do it.

I can't remember what the details but there was a federal statistic regarding how many officers per so many citizens there needed to be to perform BASIC police functions and damn near all the LE Agencies in the US can't meet that requirement. Something like one officer for every ten thousand citizens (maybe even a thousand).

The city and state governments simply can not afford (or will not afford) to put that many officers on the streets. As it stands LE is rapidly becoming more and more a "reactive" rather than "proactive" agency. Especially with a lot of departments adopting a no pursuit policy.

They are simply fools to believe that it would help them, in fact it wont.

Though I am thinking they know this. What they are setting up is an argument for exonoration. If the local LE agency doesn't pick up their fugitive then it gives them the grounds for exonoration claiming they did all that they could "within the law" to apprehend the bond jumper, and how can it be their fault if the law says that local LE needs to do it and they will not?

It is actually a smart move money wise. Gonna screw the communities when all these fugitives are running around committing more and more crimes and are not getting picked up. Also gonna swamp the PD with more and more reports and "reactive" police work.

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath."
- Kingdom of Heaven

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 27 Nov 2005 08:18 

It sounds like they would like to make it a Hire only Private Detectives to find them and hope police will get them! I Had a jumper in Andover Mass. not to long ago that I had to use the police. (Except for some Vets in this Biz we are not that welcome down there!) They were happy to asst. As long as I didn't handcuff the guy myself. But how often does that happened? That police would like to asst. a BEA? I guess it’s to late to try and work with the PBUS?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 28 Nov 2005 07:11 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Experience: More than 10 years
I have only had 1 occurence where a LEA refused me assistance. In partial response to Mr. Stewart, almost every single time I have requested LEO assistance I have recieved it.

The trick is to ask a working "street cop" for it, instead of going through the admin. The working cops are "patrolling in the area"...the admin gives me the crap about liability, not thier job, prohibited from assisting, etc etc.

I generall try to find the area precinct Sgt....they seem to be the best for assistance. They know how it all works, they know the streets, they know the players, etc. More than once I executed safe, professional apprehensions with LEO back up.

The other thing to remember is your appearance... Again, I wear a company logo'd polo style shirt, Dickies work pants (black, grey, or khaki), and wing tip dress shoes. I keep all of my gear concealed, I have my paperwork in order..picture, warrant, known address, and a map to that address. They verify everything and once they are convinced everything is legit they roll. Again it's a 1, 2, 3, step process:

1) appearance 2) organized case file 3) Respecting thier badge

You follow this formula and 9 times out of 10 you wont have any problems.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 28 Nov 2005 09:27 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

The age old strong point of BEA is that their function assists the bondsman and is at no cost to the taxpayer. Bondsman who believe that the public law enforcement agency should be the only ones to arrest their skip have soon forgotten all the times they or their peers have called dispatch to get an arrest done and found that the agency is understaffed, wont assist, or otherwise. PBUS needs to be closed down. Any bondsman who actually belives that the police are their private recovery unit is misappropriating public safety for the good of private enterprise. Our industry WILL prevail. I predcit that at the current rate bondsmen who push to have bail enforcment made into skip tracers only will also do themselves out of a job as the states will go 10%. Maybe we should push for 10% bail in each state and ask each state to make our industry regulated so that we could conform to the POST regulations. What a crazy idea right? Bondsmen take note: 10% bail is coming to your state. Dont allow the PBUS to undermine the industry. I am going to call some Congress people today and PBUS.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 28 Nov 2005 16:34 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

In our state the fee is already 10% and you are not allowed to discount. On top of that their is a state fee of $48, might as well call it a tax. Alot of bonding companies get around the 10% fee by extending credit and not collecting another dime.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 28 Nov 2005 16:39 
in memoriam

If PBUS wants their members in-house people to be 'skip tracers' only and rely on law enforcement to arrive for the pickup, a lot of bail agencies will fast go out of business. That, ladies and gentlemen, is basic common sense!

Sometimes LEO will back you up, most times they will not for a variety of reasons. Some actual reasons camoflauged by saying they are 'too busy right now and will get there when they can' and 'I don't have available officers right now' when in truth they don't want to get involved with such an undertaking.

Street cops always love to back you up or assist however they can but most street cops have to call it in first and are then sometimes redirected from the matter by dispatch under OIC orders.

As I stated, sometimes you can get the help but to rely on it all the time is believing in a fantasy.

If PBUS is so worried about liability issues... they should have their members cease contracting with untrained USRB types who undercut the recovery prices and cause conflict, alarm and even crimes.

I'm nearing 22 years in the field without any liability issues. What does that tell you? There are many more like me out there who solicit and receive positive feedback and news articles.

“What is sought is found... what is overlooked escapes” (Oedipus Rex)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 28 Nov 2005 17:02 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Amen. LAW said it best I think.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion