New Vehicle Identifier for Pro BEA'S • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: New Vehicle Identifier for Pro BEA'S
 Post Posted: Mon 20 Mar 2006 18:18 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Experience: More than 10 years
R.A.I.D. TM
RECOVERY AGENT IDENTIFIER DECAL

(Actual Decal has Reflective Material 3”x2”)

A Fugitive Recovery Agent created this decal, as a means to identify other Fugitive Recovery Agents – Bail Enforcement Agents that were once referred to as “Bounty Hunters”. The need for this identifier arose from contacts with Public Safety Personnel, as well as serving as a means to locate other agents; thereby assisting you in creating a networking tool in the field. The decal will make you easily recognizable anywhere across the country.

Public Safety Departments have Mutual Aid Agreements among themselves. This Decal will allow an agent while traveling, whether on business or pleasure; to identify other agents and develop a database. This will become a valuable tool as your business grows.

SYMBOLISM
The BLACK represents the fugitive who has jumped bond and is hiding in his domain. The GOLD represents the Agent who, with dedication and perseverance; ultimately apprehends the wanted Fugitive. Just as in a competition, GOLD represents first place, the best; or the winner. In this exciting, dangerous, yet rewarding job; the Agent is the winner. Again, indicated on the decal by the GOLD Line.

The R.A.I.D. TM Identifier should be placed on the left side of the rear window. The R.A.I.D. TM Identifier is restricted to Agents for purchase and display. This limits public knowledge and protects the integrity of the R.A.I.D. TM Identifier.

Available ONLY At
NK & Associates

view decal: www.bounty-hunter.net

FL002 = 2 Decals $10.00 or FL001 = 1 Decal $6.00

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 21 Mar 2006 12:19 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Does anyone know what the legalilty would be on this? I am not to sure that this would be legal here in Arkansas, we are not allowed to display anything relating to Bail enforcement. Just a question, I am not trying to be arguementative.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 21 Mar 2006 21:25 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

It's a take off of the original THIN BLUE LINE which was a way for officers to identify themselves covertly as well as a tribute to fallen officers. The kicker is that the organization www.thinblueline.com is also a registered charitable organization.

Now this 'thin gold line' I do not think is a charitable organization so it would depend heavily on the exact wording of your law in Arkansas. Of course if it were a charitable organization you could claim that it is a symbol of your support and/or membership. Though like I said, I do not think that is the case.

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath."
- Kingdom of Heaven

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 28 Mar 2006 18:22 

How will the local police know what the "thin gold line" means? Will they send out a "memo" to all the police dept's around the country?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 28 Mar 2006 19:22 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Probably not Fett nor woudl they care (I don't think)... however there is a system which does exactly what you said LOL. It's a way for departments to communicate with each other 'securely' and transmit sensitive data as well as updates, warnings, etc.

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath."
- Kingdom of Heaven

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 29 Mar 2006 12:20 
in memoriam

Ok, some of you folks are making way too big a deal out of this thing.

It is simply a decal..nothing more, nothing less...just like a decal of the American Flag, "POW/MIA" decals, political candidates, etc.

So long as an expression does not violate any obscenity laws of whatever jurisdiction you are in, then ANYONE MAY LAWFULLY DISPLAY WHATEVER THEY WANT ANYWHERE THEY WANT AS PROVIDED UNDER THE FIRST AMENDMENT OF THE BILL OF RIGHTS.

The simple purpose of this decal is for identification...PERIOD. Identification by fellow BEA's, LEO's, whomever...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 29 Mar 2006 15:31 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I think we all understood that it was for indentification purposes only. My question asks something else, If it identifies you as a BEA and local LEO's understand this then it could have some legal issues due to the fact that BEA's are illegal here where I am along with a few other places. It would be Ok as long as I was not working but, if I am on the job showing myself to be a BEA, FRA, Bounty Hunter etc. then I am in Felony Violation of the law here.

It may seem tic - tac to some, it was just a question.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 29 Mar 2006 17:30 
in memoriam

If you want one..then buy one..if you don't then don't...that simple.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 29 Mar 2006 20:10 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1208
I didn't realize the laws were that strict down there in Arkansas Bob. I just came off with my " who cares " attitude basically because i don't feel any authority has the right to tell me what i can display on MY vehichle as long as it's within reason. I was under the impression that these decals were just for us to recognize each other. As Don pointed out, "charitable organization" seems to be the magic word here, if thats a way around it. Otherwise it would be something my kid put there and i THINK it's a surfing, custom carpart manufacturer, gameboy, or whatever logo. If that don't cut it, being at the risk of a felony violation i wouldn't take the chance.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 30 Mar 2006 11:59 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

It would be up the the way LEO thought about it. Yes they are pretty serious by law but, theory is another thing around here. Yes I would like one I think it is a good idea but it would depend on how it was perceived by LEO before I actually bought one.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion