Current Event = More Business? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Current Event = More Business?
 Post Posted: Thu 21 Aug 2014 04:55 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
I am new to the business in face I don't even get my license until Sept. 3rd however, had something come to mind that I wanted to see what everyone thinks. Without getting into who is right and wrong in the situation in Missouri. With nearly 200 arrest of protesters and the majority from out of town/state do you think that this will be an increase in the need for recoveries since, if they are being charged, I don't think most will come back for trial.

Post subject: Re: Current Event = More Business?
 Post Posted: Thu 21 Aug 2014 09:07 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
Depends on the charges. Very often no charges will be filed for disorderly conduct, obstructing the police, etc. Some may be just fined and released.

On the other hand, I wouldn't post bail for any of those from out of state that are actually charged with anything. Its not worth the hassle for what I guess would be a small bond to begin with, unless I got full collateral in extra cash enough to cover the bail.

So, I doubt that there will be much additional business for bondsmen or recovery agents.

Post Posted: Fri 22 Aug 2014 09:05 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
Here in Miami, FL we have many events that bring many Tourists to the Beach .. OUT OF TOWNERS ARE THE BEST !! :P

During their stay .. they get in trouble sometimes.. from Domestic Violence - Battery , Possession of Marijuana or other Drugs, Fights , DUI's , the list goes on and on ..

When dealing with people that DO NOT live in Miami-Dade or the Surrounding Counties.. we ALWAYS TAKE - FULL CASH COLLATERAL.

So for example : Battery - Misdemeanor = $1500 Bond .. I would collect the $150 (10% for the Bond Premium) and also Collect $1,500 Cash Collateral (Which the Indemnitor will get back AFTER the defendant closes his case). If in the event the Deft fails to appear .. I could not give a flying f*ck.. because .. I have the $1,500 Cash to pay the bond from the Indemnitor.

I WISH I CAN WRITE FULL CASH COLLATERAL BONDS all day every day .. These are the best bonds in the world... I dont need to go after them .. dont need to worry about them .. just happily walk to the Court Clerks / Bond Unit and pay the Bond Forfeiture and call it a day.. No money lost on my end.. no stress.. no aggravation .. and I live happily ever after.. :mrgreen:

"Go on Vacation ... Leave on Probation" ..

Attachments:
150028_10150124076399251_6956348_n.jpg
150028_10150124076399251_6956348_n.jpg [ 98.25 KiB | Viewed 11178 times ]

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post Posted: Fri 22 Aug 2014 19:02 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Related to the post.... these detainees will more than likely be released... PR'd probably... probably no recover or very little I would think.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Related to Jeff's post....

What also makes it even better is when they come back for some reason... get locked up on their return since they FTA shows when they walk in the courtroom... you file your paperwork... get your money back... they are in jail, the bond is done and you decide what if any they get back of the full collateral.... maybe 10% if any!!!....

They just don't understand that although the bond is paid off in full at forfeiture... the underlying charge still remains on the books... basically, forever...

In one instance... I had a car title, the indemnitor made payments to me since his "mother" had FTA'd... he ended up paying off the bond... just before I returned the title... he totaled the car... the insurance company paid me... (the loss payee) for the car and so now, I had the bond paid in full and the money from the car... I could have been real bad and kept it all but I did give the indemnitor back most ... I said most... of the money... less some expense money I had spent looking for his mother over several years... then... guess what... she showed up within the two year period (Virginia code)... and the court then returned the forfeiture to me.... yes, this stuff does happen... what a crazy business but you better make sure you do it right cause you can get yourself in a pickle if you try to be too slick... just be honest and eithical... cover yourself but do the right thing by all involved and you will come out ahead in the long run...

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion