Getting involved! • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Getting involved!
 Post Posted: Thu 24 Jul 2014 09:14 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
Hello all!
I want to get involved in community work and sponsor some events! I think people will take notice to the cause using my bail bonds platform. However not really sure what type of events would be appropriate for a bondswoman!
Around Christmas last year I held a 50/50 at a bar/pub and donated it to Toys for Tots! We had lots of fun! People were telling me they just bought tickets because it’s funny buying them in a bar from a bondsman! Not to mention they loved the cause as well! The winner donated all of it back to the cause! However people tell me this was pushing the boundaries.
This Past year my niece has been bullied at her school and I want to sponsor a anti bulling champagne in her district and have been told its way inappropriate for a bail bondsman to do this! I was hoping to get some suggestions and some opinions!
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Getting involved!
 Post Posted: Thu 24 Jul 2014 10:58 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4013
Experience: More than 10 years
You shouldn't let people rain on your parade, in my opinion. Simply use your best judgment and do what you believe is right and best for you. I would also suggest that you focus more energy into doing what is right as opposed to doing what pleases others.

Los Angeles, California
(323) 786-FIND

"Approach is Everything."

Post Posted: Thu 24 Jul 2014 22:08 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4923
Experience: < 3 years
My primary business here in town is as a DJ. I also purchased a HUGE inflatable screen (20 ft by 20 ft) and started doing our community's "Movies In The Park" program. Depending on how well the local service provider in your area [if you have one - surely you do] does his marketing... it's a great way to get out in the community. Show some sort of theme related movie to match the industry, that is public-viewing appropriate, or maybe even kid related for families.

Post Posted: Fri 25 Jul 2014 09:11 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Tpen... if you are a licensed bondsperson... you may want to change your experience to something other than "zero".... also, I have had a Christmas float in some of our local parades in the past but have given up on that as a bit too much... but advertising in this and any business is important.. Bail Bonds is a unique business so whatever you do should also be unique... we have also had booths set up at local events... you can do a search on here for some of the stuff we do for advertising... I have posted pictures and stories related to this.

... here is a link to one of the parade floats... I think there may be others... this was back 3 or 4 years ago...

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12599&hilit=Christmas+parade"

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Fri 25 Jul 2014 10:35 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
First off, it sounds like you want to do this to help in your community, not for the publicity. If that is the case, any charitable cause is ok.

But if you want to also benefit business wise, then be careful of what you choose. For example, I do not sponsor little league or school sports teams. Even though others do and have no problem with it. I don't think its appropriate to target kids and their parents.

You can think about one of these things that gets you involved, get you some exposure without being seen as just in it for the publicity.

1) Join a community service club. Kiwanis, Rotary, etc. Or just offer to speak at their meetings about bail, courts, etc.
2) Volunteer at an animal shelter or sponsor pet adoptions.
3) Speak at the career day events at a local high school or junior college.
4) Start a group that "adopts" the children of incarcerated mothers at Christmas. We do that and buy gifts for the children.
5) Volunteer with a local PAL club if your state doesn't prohibit the association with LE.
6) Donate Christmas gifts for juveniles in custody or on their birthdays.
7) Volunteer at a homeless shelter or "soup kitchen."

We have been involved with most of the above at one time or another. Even though we did not do it for the business publicity, we made many new relationships and did receive plenty of business from them.

Also, if you have a physical office and it is staffed daily, get your notary license. You will get plenty of bail business from the notary customers directly or by referrals.

Post Posted: Mon 28 Jul 2014 06:45 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
I really appreciate everyone’s great comments and advice; I most defiantly will use some of these ideals! :idea: Just to show I am listening and learning I have now updated my profile with my experience! :D
Thanks again!

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion