Alberta, VA... Pop. 247 • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Alberta, VA... Pop. 247
 Post Posted: Wed 26 Jun 2013 19:41 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
Well, what an exciting afternoon I spent with that famous bondsman and PI.... Mr. Scott MacLean... of Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc. and Chesapeake Bail Bonds out of Maryland.

He was traveling from Charlotte, NC... where he and Tony Suggs, that also famous California bondman, had just attended a meeting with a NC Sheriffs Association... where they had discussed among other things... NABBI.

Well, he decided to make a quick stopover to visit that decrepit old bondsman in south-side Virginia.... the little known soothsayer of the local countryside.... 'me'...

I took Scott to a little establishment in one of the little small towns of the area... which just happens to be near one of the jails that I sometimes frequent.... Meherrin River Regional... located in Alberta, Va.... pop. 247...

Well, one of and almost the only little business in the middle of town happens to be the "Alberta General Store".

They have some really great food and some other local color... as in "Albert" the local dog that of course is named after the town and he resides in front of the general store... unless he is in one of the local businesses cooling off in the air conditioning... here are a few quick pics for your pleasure....

Image Image

Store front............................................... and "Albert" on duty awaiting a tender morsel...

Image Image

They had just cooked a very large pot of famous... "Brunswick Stew"... Alberta is in Brunswick county Virginia and that is the home of the "Brunswick Stew".... that is Scott 'chewing the fat' with some of the locals...

Image Image

Scott talking with one of the owners and cooks in the general store... also, "Albert" was caught walking around in one of the meeting rooms getting a bit of cool air... he basically goes wherever he pleases... as do most of the local animals.... and people...

I didn't take any pics of me since I'm just one of the local yahoos..... just thought you all might get a kick out of some .... south-side Virginia local color.....

http://www.albertava.com/

I might mention that this is also the home of Southside Community College- the Alberta campus... and the locals like to visit the big cities and when asked where they went to school .... they proudly say.... "Oh, I graduated from "UCLA"..... but of course everyone thinks of the big famous California school... when in reality... we are really referring too...... "the University of Cochran... Located in Alberta" 8) 8) :roll: :roll:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post subject: Re: Alberta, VA... Pop. 247
 Post Posted: Wed 26 Jun 2013 19:58 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Bill did not tell you that these folks are trying to revitalize this great old town. I suggested opening a saloon with an upstairs brothel and one elderly lady fainted, one got her knickers in a knot and the last one winked at me.Bill offered to supply the white whiskey and I think we might have a career path for wayward women. The only thing we are waiting on is a federal grant to bring these jobs to this little town.
Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Wed 26 Jun 2013 19:58 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Bill did not tell you that these folks are trying to revitalize this great old town. I suggested opening a saloon with an upstairs brothel and one elderly lady fainted, one got her knickers in a knot and the last one winked at me.Bill offered to supply the white whiskey and I think we might have a career path for wayward women. The only thing we are waiting on is a federal grant to bring these jobs to this little town.
Scott

......... Scott wanted to make sure you saw this so he posted it twice............. Image

Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Wed 26 Jun 2013 20:07 
in memoriam

Scott is quite the consummate businessman... he apparently has had a lot of experience in these endeavors.... brothels, wayward women... etc... etc.... so he is setting all this up......................

FYI... he also ate a bowl of stew and a grill cheese sandwich..... and made all the local fat women blush.... :mrgreen:

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 26 Jun 2013 21:18 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
speezack wrote:
Scott is quite the consummate businessman... he apparently has had a lot of experience in these endeavors.... brothels, wayward women... etc... etc.... so he is setting all this up......................

FYI... he also ate a bowl of stew and a grill cheese sandwich..... and made all the local fat women blush.... :mrgreen:

HA ! So this is why you had to get off the phone from me Image (I am tapping my other foot . . . the one that you cannot see)

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Thu 27 Jun 2013 06:28 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Nope. This escapade occurred at 7 pm in Saturday night and Bill left me to my own devices to go feed Gail around 8:30 pm and it was a Miracle Whip and Tomato sandwich that was quite good. The stew was good as well. So good that an elderly man came to get some on credit. I made a mental note of who he was because he isn't getting away with that at The Marx Home for Wayward Women, Alberta Chapter.

Scott

Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Thu 27 Jun 2013 20:00 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1366
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Why do I see a return trip here in the near future?

" Yeah, I see ya, you ding dong..."

Post Posted: Fri 28 Jun 2013 16:56 
in memoriam

I had lunch there today... it is a bit over one mile from my main jail.... so I am there at least 2 or 3 times a week... "Albert" was out front checking everyone out.... I had broiled catfish... squash w/onions... cabbage, seasoned rather warm... ice tea... a little sweet potato casserole... and a small piece of banana nut cake with cream cheese icing.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... and got to meet a couple of other members of the town rotary club... 'Walter'... 81 year old retired businessman and Mother 'something or other' who said she was 86 and asked me 100 questions about my ancestors....

I want to also mention that Scott had arrived on Saturday in his .... uh... let's just say... he drives a FBI look alike SUV... dark windows... solid black... several antenna's ... and a laptop in the center console... radios also.... he was dressed in a tie as you can see in the above pics.... well, after we left on Saturday.... a number of the local... uh... hoodlums... local yokels... who are engaged in shall we say.... rather shady employment endeavors.... came to the store and asked the owner who those guys were in the dark SUV... they all figured we were FBI or NSA or something that was there looking for them.... she laughed and told me that when Scott drove up... they all scattered like turning on the kitchen light in the middle of the nite and scattering the roaches.... 8) 8) :shock: :shock: She told them we were PI's and bondsmen and we would be back later... :shock:

Post Posted: Fri 28 Jun 2013 18:54 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3671
Experience: 3 - 5 years
This kinda' reminds of a place right here in Orange. Watson's Drug, in 'The Circle' in Old Town Orange, has that same sort of folksy charm. It's a soda fountain/deli type of place that has been there since the 50s, I think. Debi, a lifelong resident of Orange unlike myself, will probably be along to fact-check me, shortly. :oops: Anyway, it's a rare gem here in "the big city".

As far as you big-shots with the 'blacked-out' SUVs and gadgets...quit scarin' the local folk!

Ca. Bail Agent Lic#1845795
Owner/Operator, Thomas Duprey Bail Bonds
Owner/Operator, Orange County Bounty
(714) 727-4689

Post Posted: Fri 28 Jun 2013 20:50 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

We are not "Big Shots" and Bill has not told you enough. Regardless of the crap he spins about me, it is all in an effort to divert attention from himself, who the locals refer to reverently as "Boss Hogg" and the minute he pulls up, the women folk swoon and the men folk who owe him the protection money try to sneak out the back, which is the door he comes in to catch them, or so they say. More envelopes get passed around when he shows up and Bill makes them disappear nonchalantly with a dismissive "Jes bidness!" His dog Lucky barks once if they want 1 jar, twice if they want 2, and goes absolutely spastic if he sees a badge, smart dog that one. Lucy just lays on the stack of money, or as Bill refers to it, Revenue, and doesn't move until she thinks you are getting too close. He reminds me of Get Smart with the gadgets he has strung up in that town, and he had to expalin to me what a Party Line was...how the hell do you dial 1 short and 3 longs anyway? Because of his knee operations I thought old Boss Hogg more resembled Uncle Joe from Petticoat Junction...There's Uncle Joe, He is moving kinda' slow at the Junction, Petticoat Junction!

I know far too much about Bill to let him keep spinning yarns about me, and most of it is true!

Scott

Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion