One of th Best I've seen!! • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: One of th Best I've seen!!
 Post Posted: Thu 13 Jun 2013 13:30 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Experience: More than 10 years
A couple nights ago I was given the opportunity to work with some of the best I've seen in a long time. Some of you here know Ken Banks. Ken has recruited some of the absolute best Bail Agents I've ever come in contact with. He has two individuals with 30 plus years in Probation/Parole, both of these gentleman have taught law enforcement officers by way of B.L.E.T. Another man was over the Gang unit in a part of NC. Together they have over 60 years in combined experience in law enforcement. These guys are by the book or they don't do it...In fact, we finally located where a skip was staying after the skip had eluded LE twice and the agents three times. We located the mother who happens to make a living selling her body and there is no truth in her, but as I've heard and know to be true, there is "truth in every lie" and after listening closely to the lies and some heavy duty heat applied, we finally determined where the skip was. We went to the home and he locked himself inside and all we could do was wait him out. This began at about 9 pm and at approx 7:30 the next morning the homeowner came to the home and gave us permission to enter. In NC there really is no legal kicking in of doors but we took a crowbar and finally entered the home....The skip was nowhere to be found....at first!! Finally we found him hiding underneath the sink where towels would normally be placed. We were called every name you can think of, screamed at, threatened but the guy was finally cuffed, quickly taken to the vehicle and taken to jail. In spite of the way we were being treated this man was treated with dignity and respect...as it should be. While I was only a very small part of this apprehension, I can say it was one of the best I've ever been on....I met with these guys again today and they were talking with an attorney to ensure that they are doing everything by the book and the attorney assured them they were. We have another meeting with the attorney next week to gain further insight as to how to keep our liability to a minimum as well as some other issues needing to be discussed. I could write a small book concerning this recovery but suffice to say, no cowboys in this group!! It ws an absolute pleasure working with these guys!! Great Job, Ken Banks!!

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post subject: Re: One of th Best I've seen!!
 Post Posted: Thu 13 Jun 2013 20:19 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
I see you finally got your rest! I am proud of you guys and would like to meet them the next time I am lost in the mountains!

I had a conversation with an attorney I respect yesterday and today regarding GPS trackers in light of the most recent Supreme Court ruling, very interesting discussion. He questioned 2 lawyers and 4 Judges about their opinion on the matter, and the concensus is, don't be the test case! Further research developed a University Study that was cold calling Private Investigation Agencies and pretexting them as a disparaged spouse, and only one in CA stated that it is illegal and they don't offer the services. All of the rest, and she named names, provided her pricing and back peddled lick mud bugs when she exposed her investigation to them.

I fear that this will be the next negative attention getting issue for our profession, right up with the guys asking for these and cell phone breaks in the open on Face Book!

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Thu 13 Jun 2013 23:07 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Scott, it takes a little longer to recover from an all nighter these days but I'm coming around....I'm going to mention NABBI to these guys , I think these guys can be a real asset to the association and you guys can help them as well, after all, no one knows it all, but collectively we can get through these things with little or no fan fare.

I need to clear up my last statement here....Under the right circumstances you can take down a door in NC and after the homeowner coming and actually giving us permission to kick in the door, we were careful as not to do any more damage than absolutley required to gain access to the home...In fact the door could be shut and maybe locked after we gained entry.

To make things as clear as possible, I'm not bashing anyone that kicks in doors. We all have our way of doing things and taking down doors just isn't my way and it was good to work with some folks that felt the same way....Up until the other night I had never breached a door, in this business anyway,and i really wish it didn't have to be done but there was really no other choice. We also had the added stress that the guy had told many others that he would kill himself rather than go back to prison but after assessing the situation we decided to do what we did and it worked out pretty nicely....

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Post Posted: Fri 14 Jun 2013 02:19 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Scott,

I'm going to give the guys mentioned above your number so you can explain, much better than me, the benefits of joining NABBI...While these guys are some of the best I've had the pleasure to work with, they are still very eager to learn from others and doing everything they can to do this work in a professional, no drama manner. I believe these guys will jump at the chance to be a part of NABBI....

FYI, the folks you suggested the NC agents to call in New Hampshire for assistance has sparked a renewed interest in NABBI with some NC Bail Agents...The visit with the North Carolina Bail Academy that you, Bill Marx Sr and Joe Stiles made is now taking root and i think you will see some Bail Agents out of NC looking to become members of NABBI.

Suggestion, Go to "NC Bail Academy Forum" and post reasons that Bail Agents should become a part of NABBI, I think the time to do that is now. It's 5:15 am and my butt's dragging, I hope this post makes a little sense.

Take Care!!

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Post Posted: Fri 14 Jun 2013 15:15 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4013
California Penal Code Section 637.7 Electronic tracking device

(a) No person or entity in this state shall use an electronic tracking device to determine the location or movement of a person.

(b) This section shall not apply when the registered owner, lessor, or lessee of a vehicle has consented to the use of the electronic tracking device with respect to that vehicle.

(c) This section shall not apply to the lawful use of an electronic tracking device by a law enforcement agency.

(d) As used in this section, “electronic tracking device” means any device attached to a vehicle or other moveable thing that reveals its location or movement by the transmission of electronic signals.

(e) A violation of this section is a misdemeanor.

(f) A violation of this section by a person, business, firm, company, association, partnership, or corporation licensed under Division 3 (commencing with Section 5000) of the Business and Professions Code shall constitute grounds for revocation of the license issued to that person, business, firm, company, association, partnership, or corporation, pursuant to the provisions that provide for the revocation of the license as set forth in Division 3 (commencing with Section 5000) of the Business and Professions Code.

Los Angeles, California
(323) 786-FIND

"Approach is Everything."

Post Posted: Fri 14 Jun 2013 20:58 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Bill
Thanks for the comments on my guys, and I have to say they said almost the exact same thing about you. They said they wanted to work with you more and they said they knew they could learn alot from you. Keith is alot like you, he likes to plan things down to a T. He will go over and over to see if there is a better way to do something. He likes things to be simple and quick.
Keith and Danny also worked at the prison before they went to Probation, Keith was a LT and also the LT of the Prison Emergency Response Team(P.E.R.T). Both are firearms instructors, and teach many other classes for the college.
They could not believe that with your time in this business, you had never had to take down a door. That says alot about your style. You and Keith were the ultimate good guy, bad guy with the Mother!!!!!!!

Post Posted: Fri 14 Jun 2013 23:41 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
I am proud of you guys and glad to countenance you bith as friends!

Acitt

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion