Trying to get someone from Honduras • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Trying to get someone from Honduras
 Post Posted: Tue 16 Apr 2013 16:09 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: More than 10 years
I have a 80k bond and my client has fled to Honduras. Does anyone have any experience with a situation like this? I just want to know if there is ANYTHING I can do! Thank you

Post subject: Re: Trying to get someone from Honduras
 Post Posted: Wed 17 Apr 2013 20:19 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
You will have to give little more info about the case such as, what state are you in, how much time you have to return the skip, plus a little about you would also help.

Some times the skips join the network looking for info that can help them evade us.

Post Posted: Thu 18 Apr 2013 04:10 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

Thank you for replying, I'm out of Elizabeth city North Carolina and have only 3 months left and have just found out where my guy is. I have never dealt with anything like this neither has any of my associates so I was told to try FRN. I, of course familiar with all laws but was just looking for some (outside of the box) ideas. Thank you for your time

Post Posted: Thu 18 Apr 2013 12:12 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Bounty400,

I'm out of NC also. Give these guys some info such as the company you're with, Your name, who you write for would be good...Just make an introduction and tell these guys a little more about yourself and your chances of getting the info you're looking for will become much greater. Tell Dallas, I said Hi!!

Good Luck

Bill

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Fri 19 Apr 2013 10:40 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
First you must approach the wanting jurisdiction with a written request for a UFAP warrant. That is the second part of a triple sealed warrant. Type up your investigation in such a manner that another investigator would have no problem placing their career on your work product. That is the standard you must reach. The last process is when the federal agency that takes the case, FBI, DEA, or US Marahals, requests a warrant in the country where the fugitive is located. Notice that this respects the sovereignty of the country where the skip is located, which is in stark contrast to what yhe Chapmans did in Mexico with Andrew Luster. Remember to include in your initial request that you are willing to pay all extradition costs. If they refuse then you can motion the court for relief for not cooperating with the only legal means to recover the skip.
Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Fri 19 Apr 2013 12:31 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

He can motion, but will do him no good. Not in NC anyways. However NC allows three years to get some of your money back. One of the requirements is to show relentless pursuit of the defendant, so if you jump through those hoops and your guy happens to return to the sates and you apprehend him within that 3 year period you can at least try and show relentless pursuit of the defendant. The judge has total discretion in this matter and if you've worked in NC for any length of time, you know, you'll probably get nothing! Sorry to be so cynical, but that's the way it is in this state.

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Last edited by B Williams on Fri 19 Apr 2013 12:41, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri 19 Apr 2013 12:38 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
I forgot about the school board attorneys, Bill. My bad, I was just tryin' stay outa trouble!
Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Fri 19 Apr 2013 12:54 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Scott,

You may remember. I chased a guy from NC to SC and he ran and broke his ankle, he was scared and broke in a guys house and the cops were called, all of a sudden I was surrounded by SC cops so I backed off...He was apprehended by SC Law enforcement where he was charged with burglary, breaking and entering and a probation violation. Nothing I could do when thhe cops showed up. He was put under No Bond and was sentenced to prisonin SC. I did everything I could and the my client had to pay the bond....We were offered a deal where the client had to pay 50 percent of the bond. Go figure.

Only good thing about that one was "I stayed out of trouble" :D

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Post Posted: Fri 19 Apr 2013 13:45 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

Thank you all so much for all the input, it is what I figured and with only 3 months left I already felt I was screwed with extradition time and all the hoops there is no way to get him in time all I can hope is the school board will negotiate the amount owed as they usually will do. Let this be a lesson to all.,. Do your homework on all bonds before writing them and stay safe thanks again. John Jacobson

Post Posted: Sat 20 Apr 2013 15:59 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
If he is not a citizen of Honduras you may be able to get him deported, in which case he would be arrested upon arrival in the U.S.

This can happen swiftly and does not require any involvement by U.S. authorities or the bureaucratic process and delays involved in extradition. If you make the right contacts in Honduras i.e. a local attorney and pay them a reasonable fee, the wheels of immigration justice can move amazingly fast.

I haven't done this in Honduras but I've had some success at this in Mexico, Costa Rico and Colombia. In these cases I went there in person and provided "encouragement" throughout the entire process. The case in Colombia was a non custodial parental abduction case, not a bail skip but the same principles applied.

If your skip is a citizen of Honduras then it would be a lengthy bureaucratic nightmare that would likely exceed your forfeiture time frame.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion