Assault ban perspective • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Assault ban perspective
 Post Posted: Fri 21 Dec 2012 20:39 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
In 2005 the M4 was an assault weapon... in 1968 the M16 was an assault weapon... when I went through basic training at Paris Island, SC, in 1961.... the M1 Garand was an assault weapon... in 1863 the Springfield 3 banded musket was an assault weapon... in 1775 the full stocked Pennsylvania flintlock was an assault weapon... gunpowder was invented in the 9th. century and the first basic firearm was in China and at that time..... the "fire lance" I think it was referred to .... was the assault weapon of the day.... in 20,000 BC... the stone ax was an assault weapon.... we're talking semantics here.... there is, as already brought up... only the physical appearance difference between a semi-auto "hunting" rifle and a semi-auto "assault" rifle.... it is no better or no worse... as a matter of fact, my bolt action Winchester 30.06 with a 3X10 Leopold scope is.... IMHO... a much better killer than the AR15... sure, it doesn't shoot as fast but hey........... it is the appearance that scares people... I personally am afraid of a stone ax..... but if I can get my hands on my M4, which I legally own and is also only a semi-auto... I think I can stop someone from using that stone ax on me or my family....

... oh, one more quickie.... I can change out a 5 round magazine and begin firing my weapon with very little time difference against the man with the 30 round mag.... your talking seconds and again.... it is the appearance that is scaring most people.... frankly, the real difference is negligible.... so he carries 5 or 6 mags instead of one big one... what frankly is the real difference???

... and that's my opinion on that............... 8)

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post subject: Re: Assault ban perspective
 Post Posted: Sat 22 Dec 2012 00:19 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
The mayor of that great constituional rights city of San Francisco wants to ban civilian access to hollow point bullets.

They were dsigned for law enforcement and military use only.

Also, have gun stores report any sales of 500 rounds or more to any one buyer at any one time, to local law enforcement.

Ok, that soves the mass shooting problems.

Can we now get back to more important things, like how did the Mayans screw up the end of the world date!

Post Posted: Sat 22 Dec 2012 10:15 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1208
Tony Suggs Wrote:
Quote:
The mayor of that great constituional rights city of San Francisco wants to ban civilian access to hollow point bullets.

They were dsigned for law enforcement and military use only.

In NJ, ... they banned hollow points a few years ago and the penalty for being caught in your possession is now 5 years per bullet, more than having a gun. Alas they can be purchased right next door in PA. Hell, WE can;t even puchase black powder here anymore, and ammo has to be signed for with a purchasers permit. ....... :roll:

Ph. (201) 538 - 2947
Fax (201) 342 - 5405

Post Posted: Sat 22 Dec 2012 10:40 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Yea, they rather have jacketed bullets that over penetrate and keep on going and hit someone else.

Post Posted: Sat 22 Dec 2012 16:46 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1366
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Hey..the end of the world didn't happen, so I got drunk for nothing :)

" Yeah, I see ya, you ding dong..."

Post Posted: Sun 23 Dec 2012 14:12 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
And you guys left me home :(

360 237 1721 efax
408 402 2710 work cell
DOI Bail Agent Lic 1844214
BSIS G1533544

Go hug a Tree

Post Posted: Sun 23 Dec 2012 14:16 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1366
Ummm.....you apparently had your own party last night. I heard all about it :)

" Yeah, I see ya, you ding dong..."

Post Posted: Sun 23 Dec 2012 21:33 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
People, you better get used to the fact that common sense and facts will have very little to do with what comes out of Washington in this situation.

If anyone questions the overall feelings of the American public... just notice the increase in gun and ammo purchases since CT. People are scared of losing their gun rights and they are stocking up in anticipation of the loss.

It may not be in our lifetime but you can take it to the bank that a total ban is coming.... maybe far down the road but it is looming closer... you may not believe the general public would allow it but I believe that unless something rather drastic takes place... that is exactly where we are heading....

... Once again.... "how to catch a wild pig"...

Just one other thought .... am I wrong in remembering my childhood and my growing up..... I grew up in the 50's and 60's..... I remember all of us had guns (I was raised in the country)... when we had a disagreement, we just had a good old fist fight... no guns, no knives... just bust a few heads and that was about it... I never even considered using a gun for anything but self defense and hunting... does anyone remember mass murders taking place during those two decades.... anything like on a scale present day???

Do you think just maybe the drug problems that have escalated in this country have anything to do with what is taking place.... or the violent video games or the violent movies.... or the prescription drugs that many mentally ill people are on.... stress over the economy.... so..... am I mistaken here?????

Maybe I'm just a bit paranoid here.... excuse me.... I think I'll just turn off the news and go get me another cup of coffee.... oh.... but then maybe it's the caffeine.... uh............ may be???????????

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Mon 24 Dec 2012 07:33 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Bill, i think there are many factors: the media with 24 hour "news" allows one to hear about events globally, Gid has been removed from our schools, municipalities and our homes, single parent homes that are baby mills instead if cohesive family units, the liberal secularism and the growth of the nanny state just to ne a few.

Common sense is absent anymore and when we continue to elect liberal "smarter than you" officials, we will maintain the current status quo.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Tue 25 Dec 2012 11:11 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Quote:
drug problems that have escalated in this country have anything to do with what is taking place.... or the violent video games or the violent movies.... or the prescription drugs that many mentally ill people are on.... stress over the economy.... so..... am I mistaken here?????

agree with you Scott 100 %

we quit teaching morals and values to our children and now the fruits of our labor are coming to be ripe . . . . The fruits of those that needed someone to tell them how to raise their kids . . . . and that is why we have so much crap going on . . .

Bill . . . I worry about all the scripts that folks are on. The side effects are scarier than the damned problem and cause way too much sorrow. When we have people teaching our children that there is no God and that when they die . . . they simply die. That I think leads to some very sad and confused Souls and there is no one to lead them to the right path . . . because they have forgotten it or were never shown it in the first place.

Not a Bible Thumper here . . . but I know where my Soul is going

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion