Guns & Ammo fears or BIG BUSINESS! • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Guns & Ammo fears or BIG BUSINESS!
 Post Posted: Thu 20 Dec 2012 21:50 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/20/end-of-the-world-2012-live-updates_n_2337241.html?ir=World
http://theclicker.today.com/_news/2012/12/13/15884962-zombie-apocalypse-preppers-await-real-life-walking-dead-scenario?lite

Two days before Thanksgiving, I bought a Ruger BX25 25rd magazine for $15 new. Today they are $50. The day after Thanksgiving, their was all kind of ammo types on the shelves all over the place in my area for good prices. Today you can't find hardly any 22lr, 223, 30-30,300W,12gauge,9mm,40S&W in any store here, and if you do, people are already jacking the prices three times over cost and more. On Monday one gun shop had 80 AR-15s, and on Wednesday they were sold by 9am. People are buying all kinds of firearms like crazy. Since the terrible tragedy in Connecticut, people are concerned about losing semi-automatic gun ownership and what the President is going to do about gun ban updates and new policies. The Mayan Calender runs out tomorrow, the 21st-- end of the world. I actually met 32 people today in Knoxville who sincerely believe that there is going to be a Zombie apocalypse! -Doomsday Preppers!--Is it a sweeping fear over the masses, or genuine concern to do something because something bad is going to happen? --So if a fugitive becomes a Zombie, do I buy some kind of new recovery equipment??.......

Just thinking about all of this while I am working on new extra skills in addition to being a recovery agent,.....again.

Jacksboro, TN

Post subject: Re: Guns & Ammo fears or BIG BUSINESS!
 Post Posted: Fri 21 Dec 2012 07:42 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
I've always used silver bullets....

... as for guns and ammo... I think I have enough to last a while.... I think the fervor over the CT thing has caused it all and the culmination of thoughts and escalating actions from the Oval office... both in words and deeds and promises.... is causing what we are seeing....

I cannot imagine the government attempting to disarm the general public but there certainly will be a curtailing of the availability and pricing of all connected items... I suppose if you have the money, you can get whatever you want but even then it will probably be a bit scarce for the near future...

... the dust will settle as in most similar situations and things will return to a semblance of normalcy... but then each of these occurrences raises that level and as I have said many times..... we are going down a slippery slope and I am not sure any of us know what is at the bottom....

Once again.... read.... "Atlas Shrugs" by Ayn Rand, first published in 1957 and Google... "how to catch a wild pig"....

As for the end of the world... who knows???? it certainly is coming just like our eventual deaths... but there's really not a lot you can do about it.... I personally am not overly concerned.... although it is a bit windy outside now and the approaching storm appears rather rough... so ......... who knows????? :oops: :oops: :oops: :?: :?: :roll: :roll: 8) 8)

... about the only thing I am really concerned about is whether my coffee machine will continue to work, whether I can continue to get a quart of shine every once in a while... and that as I grow older... I at least can still go to the bathroom by myself........ other than that.... I could care less... :oops: :mrgreen:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion