I have asked three police officers I know to lunch • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: I have asked three police officers I know to lunch
 Post Posted: Tue 24 Jan 2012 03:37 

I have not had the opportunity to know many police officers personally but there are 3 officers who I know through personal avenues (two from a recreational activity I take part in and a third through a non-proit I sit on the board of). I've asked all three of these officers to lunch. I want to get their overall thoughts on my business plan as well as a feeling for how local police feel about the BE business. I know some of what I want to ask them / get their thoughts on. I'm curious from the group here. If you were starting out in this business and had the opportunity to sit down with a police officer in the area where you will work what questions/information would you want to get out of the meeting.

If you guys haven't figured out me yet I am a research all you can and cover your bases type of guy. I see these lunch meetings as an opportunity and do not want to miss anything.

On a side note I took Scott's training yesterday, have another firearms training class next weekend and am actively looking for a local classroom based BE training. I have the Act 235 paperwork on my desk which I'm working on, have the insurance paperwork on my desk which will be completed this week and am continuing to research and make revisions to my business plan. At this juncture I think I'll be ready to start hiring someone to work with me and marketing my business within 60 days. In the mean time if anyone in PA is looking for a free resource or is willing to allow me to spend some time working with you I'd appreciate the opportunity. I am not looking for compensation. I am looking for experience.

Post subject: Re: I have asked three police officers I know to lunch
 Post Posted: Tue 24 Jan 2012 09:01 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Experience: More than 10 years
Mike,
Most law enforcement know little or less about this business. It is not taught in their training academy, short of stay way from bondsmen.
It only takes one yahoo to ruin an entire area for the rest o9f us. I would ask them who they key contacts are on local task force and warrant squads,
obtain all of their contact information and meet them before you need them. KLearn all of the local procedures for bail surrenders, there may be statutes governing this, but believe me, it is different every where you go.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post subject: Re: I have asked three police officers I know to lunch
 Post Posted: Wed 25 Jan 2012 05:27 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1988
Experience: More than 10 years
I concur with what Scott M. has advised. Sometimes you will find a street law enforcement officer that may have some working knowledge of what bail enforcement is. However you will find that his hands are tied by agency policy when it comes to assisting you in a recovery unless there is a breach of the peace.

Law enforcement managers are always concerned with the issues related civil or criminal liability and rightfully so, and since bail bonding and the enforcement there of is a civil matter they tend not to be involved absent the aforementioned breach of the peace.

Tel: 1-800-387-0787

Anti-Moral Majority Club President
"Fear not the unknown, Fear the person who controls the unknown" Gene 7:14

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion