collection of judgment • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: collection of judgment
 Post Posted: Thu 05 Jan 2012 08:33 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
could you possibly direct me to an agency located in the Bronx to help me collect on a supreme judgment the amount with interest approx $13K i have gone thru NYC Dept FInance SHeriff Oshinski Queens Deputy Cuttino Bronx Marshal Burko only Cuttino collected a small sum and claims he had a \"verbal\" agreement with Defendant -that was in \'08 - to date no luck and I am a single full time working mother -i appealed to Senator Klein, Bx Community Board #10 - Kenneth Kearns - i would have to go under because of this person lack of integrity. I am in financial bind that can cause me to lose my house. So, if at all possible, can you direct me to someone WHO CAN HELP ME???? even i can can recover a small portion would be helpful. At this point I dont care about % to the person able to collect I am in financial dire straits

Post subject: Re: collection of judgment
 Post Posted: Thu 05 Jan 2012 10:03 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2087
Experience: More than 10 years
May I suggest you begin by telling us more about you and who you are so we may be more inclined to assist you.

J.G. Marshall
MARSHALL FUGITIVE SERVICE
Lic. # 2008-392

Its the Irish in my mind that keeps me sane,
and the Irish in my heart that keeps me strong.

Post Posted: Mon 09 Jan 2012 07:54 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

Sure, My name is Michelle i am located in New York, (I am a full time working single parent) and about 3 years ago, my exboyfriend and his daughter moved in with my son and I. I purchased a house because we planned on marrying and I had hopes of us uniting our families. Under false pretense, I paid his daughter HS tuition- both father and mother agreed to pay me in 6 months. After our break up - i filed in civil court and was awarded. Eventually I switched venue to supreme.
After going thru 3 boroughs here, I exhausted myself, financially and mentally with pursuing this.

Make a long story short, it is over 3 years. I also have a smaller judgment awarded to me, for a Con Ed bill that his name was on.

The amount at this time with interest accrued should be well over $10K- not counting the lesser one.

I tried working with private agencies, one started then declined and another was interested but I lost her number and can not remember her company name. Recently - approx in 10/11- i did contact another agency, forwarded every document I had - which is quite a few. I was told i would receive an application, and after numerous attempts via email and phone msgs, I sent final email on Friday 1-6-12 explaining i felt this was a scam (no response for 2 months raised my hackles) and that I was going to report them to the BBB. I then received a phone shortly thereafter and was told yes they recieved the last email, yes they located the individual, and no we are not working with you because my boss said the email was threatening???

I felt I had every right to protect my interest, even tho' this man felt my paperwork wasn't personal( there are SS# phone #'s, judgment #'s account #'s so I beg to differ) also not responding in a timely manner is somewhat unprofessional. Everyone I worked with so far complimented me on my very thorough and abundant collection of info.

I am in a financial bind at the moment and any monies recovered would really help me out. I am in such distress over the fear of losing my home, and if I could only eliminate some bills ie, pay off my car or just be able to pay my utilities without constantly fearing I am going to basically run out of money. Living like this, working up to 3 jobs at a time, while this man has purchased a Harley Davidson while still living with me, knowing he was indebted to me, and purchased a Mercury, totally 4 vehicles now. Last known address he was evicted from as I found on the court website. He has another eviction judgment prior and an outstanding debt with Ballys for $4K. He obviously lives under the radar.

Out of good nature, I paid his daughter's tuition so she could graduate high school, giving her a change at furthering her education, in return she moved out shortly thereafter.

I really am afraid that my son and I will suffer in the end for my good deed. I couldnt care less about his personal life just so that is clear. WHAT I DO care about is retrieving some of the monies at this point - with the interest accruing there is enough for someone to receive payment . I believe that I am rightgeous in my pursuit of what is rightfully mine, and I do understand that courts only responsiblity is to award the judgment not to enforce it.

That is why I am trying to find someone who will be able to do just this
Thank you for your time

SO I desperate appreciate any advice at this point.

Post Posted: Mon 09 Jan 2012 07:56 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

Oh, for the record, I see you are from PA, there is a bench warrant for individual in Bucks County,PA, I have indeed called them and gave them pertinent updated info

Post subject: Re: collection of judgment- bronx New York
 Post Posted: Mon 09 Jan 2012 09:52 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

I hope that as as "newbie" i have provided adequate info.

If I have overlooked any pertinent info, I will gladly submit as required.

thank you for any input you may have

Michelle S
Bronx New York

Post Posted: Mon 09 Jan 2012 11:13 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
I hear this time after time but the truth is your Ex-boyfriend most probably has nothing to attach a judgment to. A person has to have something of Value to take(Property,cash,autos etc.) It has to be paid for. Most people that live the life as your ex has no bank accounts, they move a lot, change jobs a lot. if you find where they work they will just quit and get another when you garnish his wages.

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post Posted: Mon 09 Jan 2012 12:14 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

I understand 100% - and I have been keeping as close tabs as possible. I do know that he owes 3 of his 4 vehicles and bank which he pays his HD loan to. I have his current address - all 4 plate #'s and last 4 digits of his bank account and debit card.

But again, I do know how many hundreds of people make the same mistake as I did. BUT the difference is I am very tenacious, and I have collected information that only certain people have access to.

At this point, all I can do, is hope, that possibly, someone, just as the last rude agency did CLAIM to have addt updated info on individual.

Maybe someone who is honest and is professional can do the same.

I waited 2 months for this agency to respond and only after I gave up and emailed them that I thought they were a scam and was going to report to the BBB, did they call me back. ONLY TO BE TOLD SINCE I THREATENED THEM THEY DIDNT WANT TO WORK WITH ME...

I find that completely amusing as well as unprofessional, I do not do business with unprofessional people. Common courtesy would be to respond to my attempts of communication, just as you just demonstrated by responding to my post. Thank you for at least taking the time.

I know I am probably fighting a lost cause but again I do not go down without a fight. Especially since this money could solidify some stability right now for my son's welfare as well as my own.

Thank you again for your prompt and honest response

Post Posted: Mon 09 Jan 2012 21:48 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
I empathize with your situation as most of us have similar experiences. However, there isn't anything any of us can do. We are primarily bondspersons, bounty hunters, and pi's. Your case is civil by nature, and therefore is under civil collection procedures. So to me, the only recourse you have here is to hire a reputable collections company. 1 you can meet with face to face.

I would refrain from sending sensitive information to faceless websites.

Post Posted: Mon 09 Jan 2012 22:22 

michelle s wrote:
I am in a financial bind at the moment and any monies recovered would really help me out. I am in such distress over the fear of losing my home, and if I could only eliminate some bills ie, pay off my car or just be able to pay my utilities without constantly fearing I am going to basically run out of money.

Michelle,

All things can work out in good order. And you have started the process by documenting your case.

But first and foremost, you need to take care of your personal financial stability. You have yourself and your son, and getting caught up right now in chasing after someone who has betrayed you is the last thing you should have on your check list.

I suggest you relax by first determining how many years you have left on the court judgements before you have to file for another extension. (Many states have a five year limitation, but they can be extended for another 5 years).

Once you know how much time you have, then realize your target can run, but he cannot forever hide. You have his social security and identification, and once you are financially stable - then I suggest you get referrals on who to use.

Yes, a private investigator can most often locate your target online and pursue to knock on his door - or canvas the neighborhood if he has skipped. A private investigator can also help with other back up professionals. But none of this will work for you right now until you are financially fit.

Get a job, listen to Dave Ramsey in case you have debt and need help in reducing your monthly living costs, and spend most of your time taking care of you and your son. The goofball target will still be there when you are ready.

Remember the motto - "Opportunity shy's away from Need".

All my best,

Post Posted: Tue 10 Jan 2012 07:38 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

To SpanielPI

Yes I agree with your last comment, but considering that I had extensive phone conversation with this particular company, and I researched their website, I assumed (which we all know the meaning of that word) they were reputable. I have never waited 2 months for a response, and any agency or individual I dealt with, I had frequent communication.

I appreciate all advice and comments

Thank you.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion