Alabama Fugitive Recovery Agent • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Alabama Fugitive Recovery Agent
 Post Posted: Thu 03 Nov 2011 14:02 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
Well I've been searching this site along with a little google and can not get a complete answer. Does anyone know the requirements for Alabama to become a recovery agent. I don't want to bail people out, I just want to bring them back. I haven't been able to find a lot about it on the internet other than 1000+ internet courses. I have found (if it still applies) Alabama doesn't have a license requirement for private investigation. I know that recovery agent and private investigation are not the same but related. Would this be a way to go about getting into it? Thanks for any info

"It's not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." Paul Bear Bryant

Post subject: Re: Alabama Fugitive Recovery Agent
 Post Posted: Fri 04 Nov 2011 07:11 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2065
Experience: 7 - 10 years
I did receive your email, just have alot on my plate right now. What type of experience do you have relating to the field of recovery and what part of NE Alabama do you live in. Very rarely do I farm out recovery work for local pick ups because I believe my bondsman are more responsible posting bail if they know they have to go after them. (If you sign 'em you find 'em) However, I do allow back up and extra bodies so to speak if they are properly trained.

Jay

Anniston, AL

Post Posted: Fri 04 Nov 2011 08:26 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Experience: More than 10 years
You are correct in your statement regarding required\mandatory licensing for our state for BEA work: However, and this is how it was explained to me by the lic. Dept. Of the ct. House, since skiptracing involves investigating people and you are going to engage in a commercial business enterprise...i.e. Services for money, you are required to obtain a state business license for the category of private investigations. Additionally,the same holds true for whatever city you reside in. Now, just to clarify, these are revenue privilege licenses, not to be confused with a state regulated pi license such as Fl, Ca, NYC. etc all have.
Something else you need to research: It is prohibited by Al. State law for a post certified leo to engage in bounty hunting.
Additionally, if you are active duty military or DOD it might be, say again...might be prohibited by unit SOP or UCMJ.
Next reality: Here in Madison Co. We have app. 20 bonding companies. Each company already has their own teams in place...like Jay said, its cheaper to use in house than it is to farm out.
Lastly, no one pays 10%...instead they pay a fixed p\u fee...take it or leave it.
Regarding researching, take a look at Al. Criminal Code of 1975; Title 15, bail reform act of 1993.
You should also be aware, that as a contractor, it is illegal for us to conduct cross border operations into regulated states unless you are accompanied with the actual bondsperson and \ or you contract with an in-state agent. Before entering another state make sure you are fully compliant with all laws.

Post Posted: Fri 04 Nov 2011 08:43 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
You would be better off becoming a posting agent. Pays better, safer, less liability.

Post Posted: Fri 04 Nov 2011 12:08 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1999
Experience: 7 - 10 years
RWB may be right about SOP (military). I would check. I had to get written permission from my COC (Chain of Command) to continue Recovery and Repossession work. A JAG (Judge Advocate General) did state, in writing, that there is no regulation (UCMJ or otherwise) prohibiting the concurrent occupations, however (and was seconded by IG = Inspector General; I wanted to be sure I could not be charged with any Articles). I was warned, though "If you get in a bind, out there, you will be on the blocks here. You may want to think about it. There is no such thing as "Double Jeopardy" in the military".

Not sure if you are in the military but, from the previous posts, I assumed and wanted to add my knowledge. Hope this helps.

GAPB 20120726
NSIS ST0707
http://www.rocksolidrg.com
"The hero is not the man that acts without fear,
He is the man that acts inspite of fear"

Post Posted: Fri 04 Nov 2011 18:35 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Experience: < 1 year
I was in Alabama today at WalMart! I was gonna buy a BB gun but I figured I might shot myself int he eye! It is unusual to see guns in a department store. As I walked home I pondered to myself, why are accomplishing my goals so HARD!! I'll be at the motherland some day lol =)

Post Posted: Fri 04 Nov 2011 22:13 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Hey Skippy,

Maybe you should try a nerf gun first, or possibly an airsoft one....... lol

Looking for a mentor to give me a foot in the door to this business. Prior Military-US Army- expert marksmam. BHTA training acadamy. ATFE licensed Pyrotechnician; and one hell of a guy. Give me a chance and I'll give you 150% of myself. Will travel in tri state area for this opportunity.

PM for Contact info

Post Posted: Sat 05 Nov 2011 08:28 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
skippy wrote:
I was in Alabama today at WalMart! I was gonna buy a BB gun but I figured I might shot myself int he eye! It is unusual to see guns in a department store. As I walked home I pondered to myself, why are accomplishing my goals so HARD!! I'll be at the motherland some day lol =)

Oh Boy.... can I respond to this one........................ :roll:

The Walmart in a neighboring town... (my town has a Farmers Foods)... :roll: sells all sorts of guns and other sundry stuff...........

Red Riders are really great and if you can keep them for 30 or 40 years, they go up in value... sometimes...

You really don't need to go to Walmart as a lot of stuff.... I have been told that.... all sorts of things are available... like ammunition for M-79's.... RPG's... M224 mortar rounds... M2A1-7 (flamethrower) which is good for starting a BBQ fire in the backyard... M-67 grenades and other occupational necessities... along with food source material... like K and C rations... I especially enjoy the Lucky Strike cigarettes with the "Green" circle label... they are aged nicely.... and the peaches are exceptional along with the bread that was baked around 1943.... and are usually available for a nominal price at some of the old country stores... No, no... BTF.. do not fear... this is only a story... absolutely no truth to any of this.... :shock: :roll:

Anyway, water pistols filled with ammonia or bleach works wonders and is a lot cheaper than an X-26...

I have no idea why I posted this other than Walmart always brings out my stories.... and I think Alabama, for some reason.. has more Walmarts than any other state.... I think its those pink, skin tight spandex things those little fat girls wear... their cheaper in Alabama...

... and as Groucho Marx always said... "I like hunting elephants in Alabama... because the Tuskarlooser in Alabama!".... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sat 05 Nov 2011 18:30 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

I'll poke my eye out with all that weaponry and ammunition.

I quit smoking again, no lucky stripes for me!!

I am much safer with a nerf gun!

I was actually thinking of a badge that shoots bleach so I can concealed, unlike the many folks around here that run around like we are in a war zone. What ever happen to the 3 piece suit and fadora kind of guy such as myself!

LOL, well I guess that's my response for now! Also for the record if you work at Aarons Rental and you deliver the products that are rented out 2 things I want to address, 1) When connecting a HD Flat screen tv please know how to connect it 2) Make sure you put the drain house to the whole next to the Hot and Cold connection.

I was a temp for Aarons today and these are a few things I helped out in! I mean seriously, it's not rocket science just a little bit of know how......then I wonder why I never last at those jobs. The best part about that little story is apparently when I sent in a application I wasn't qualified!

These are one of the many reasons why I am striving for my goal; soon I'll be with everyone else, on the high horse to paradise city!!

Post Posted: Sun 06 Nov 2011 06:39 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Quote:
a badge that shoots bleach

Skippy, don't take everything I say to the bank.... as such... water pistols and Clorox sounds fine but the repercussions from a law suit may tend to overshadow the purpose... Clorox will blind quickly and it won't easily wash out like pepper spray or such... although I have known people that used that method... just be very aware of any advice you get on here....

... especially from me.... 8) 8) :shock: :roll:

Quote:
on the high horse to paradise city

Better hold on tight ole buddy... that horse will buck you off real quick... and the landing is pretty hard... make sure you have a real soft pillow below you when you hit... and it is very hard to get back on that same horse so do as many of us do.... take a couple of extra horses with you on that trip to paradise.... so if you fall of one, there is another you can ride.

My personal horse is an old gray mare.... she is slow, she is old and she very likely will not win the race... but she will cross the finish line when other much faster ones burned out long before the end of the race....

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion