Gaining experience, over time, dedication to details • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Gaining experience, over time, dedication to details
 Post Posted: Wed 26 Oct 2011 07:51 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
I was thinking (yes, I do smell something burning!)... about a learning experience that seems to take place over time and in virtually every occupation and endeavor and IMHO can be applied to our business quite easily.

As an example and illustration of this learning experience follow along, if you will...

I am a retired trucker with a bit short of 30 years over the road.

As I started out, I began learning things that i cataloged into my operation... some were good, others not so good and as time went on I tried to apply the good and eliminate the bad... this is known as experience gained.

For example, after a few years of driving... anywhere from 2 to 3000 miles, every week... week in, week out... through every major city , every state... something began to take place within me... I started doing things automatically that initially I had to really think about and concentrate to accomplish. I became fully aware of my surroundings while driving... I shifted gears without thinking about what gear I was in or where the next one was... it started to become completely automatic and required no conscious thought. That is not to say that I was not fully aware... just that I did not have to exert any controlling thought toward the action.

I was constantly looking ahead at least 5 to 8 vehicles rather than the one directly in front... I was constantly looking right and left and was aware of my complete surroundings and over time, as mentioned, this became so fully automatic that I actually would drive many miles and not even realize the distance involved. It had to have been a good thing overall because I put almost 3 million miles in a truck without a single chargeable accident.

Anyway... here is what i am getting at...................

If you become involved in any business or activity... for any appreciable length of time... you will acquire certain physical and mental actions that will dictate your success or failure in that activity.

Darwin referred to this as "Natural selection"

Another good example of this is in the Martial Arts endeavor that many become involve in as a simple pastime or hobby and then often developing into a lifelong experience. Over time, the moves and conditioning involved in this physical and mental experience become ingrained in you and you begin to move and react in an almost automatic mode... but this takes a great deal of training and time and is not easily achieved.

Success in our business is also not easily achieved.... at least not to a degree that we may strive for...

If you look at the successful members of our industry... PI, BEA, BB... and related fields, dedication, attention to details and constant training all come together to make the ones at the top... stay on top and continue to be successful.

Many, many new members will never achieve that level of success and it will always be a simple matter of application of the tools that they are given. I will say this, we are all provided with the tools of success in this or any endeavor that we move toward. Whether we make it or not is entirely up to us and how we apply ourselves.

Over time and with continued application of your tools... you will find that success becomes almost automatic... and you will do the things that make you successful without thinking... you will search with the tools that have proven to work, you will make the moves and work with the other members that you have found to be professional and get the job done for you and stop doing the things that hold you back... this will become automatic over time.

It ain't easy, but it is absolutely achievable... just look at the successful members of our industry and the things that they do that have brought them to the level that you are looking for.

I have a short quote from Will Rogers in my sig line... it is right on the money and applies to virtually any activity or endeavor that you may strive for.... it is simple but says a lot....

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

I have one myself..."If you do something long enough, whether it is good or bad, it will eventually become automatic."

... and one more as often said.............. "PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT"

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post subject: Re: Gaining experience, over time, dedication to details
 Post Posted: Wed 26 Oct 2011 17:55 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
Well put...PERIOD!

Charlottesville VA

Post Posted: Thu 27 Oct 2011 08:04 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3553
Experience: < 3 years
Nicely said.......

(513) 783-JAIL (5245)
(937) 260-3935

Post Posted: Thu 27 Oct 2011 09:59 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Bill,
Nicely put. One critique...
Quote:
Darwin referred to this as "Natural selection"

The theory of natural selection refers to a female's desire to breed with the strongest of the herd, thereby removing traits of sickness or weakness or simply smaller size as relates to the rest of the herd. What is left, with the select breeding process, is an ever evolving stronger species, very much like when Gail selected you ;)

Just yanking your chain, you are absolutely correct that when we learn from our mistakes, and do not repeat them, and we are not adverse to risk, we will be successful, even if we occasionally fail.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Fri 28 Oct 2011 13:54 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
As always very well "spoke" . . . and Scott . . . :-)

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Fri 28 Oct 2011 21:20 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Scott, Gail chose me because she thought I had class and money... at the time... she was wrong on both counts... but it was too late... I married her because she was the best looking, sexiest and most intelligent woman that I had ever met... I was right on all three counts...

... natural selection was not involved in this instance... mainly because there is frankly... nothing natural, about me.... :roll: :mrgreen:

BTW, that was a great story you told me this afternoon and also, nice talking to Bob. I look forward to future discussions.

As always....

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion