New Forms in Minnesota - Bond Appearance Form • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: New Forms in Minnesota - Bond Appearance Form
 Post Posted: Sat 06 Aug 2011 13:40 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
Just an FYI if any one is licensed to write bonds in Minnesota. As of 08-01-2011 the old Bond Appearance forms are no longer valid.

Here is the email I received from the Supreme Court of MN.

Quote:
This message is sent to County Court Administrators, the Minnesota Sheriff’s Association, the Minnesota Department of Commerce, and all Bail Bond Agencies, Agents and Surety Companies that have an email address on file with the State Court Administrator’s Office (SCAO).

**Bail Bond Agencies and Surety Companies please ensure that all of your agents are aware of the information contained in this message**

*New* Bail Bond Form – Appearance Only (also known as 702 Form)

The SCAO has recently posted a new version of the Bail Bond Form – Appearance Only (also known as 702 Form) at the following link: http://www.mncourts.gov/default.aspx?page=513&item=979&itemType=formDetails

Agents are expected to begin using this new form immediately. The form may be personalized with contact information and/or watermarks only if the footer is removed from the bottom of the form first. No other changes may be made to the form. The new 702 Form differs from the previous version as follows:

Acknowledgment of Principal
This section in the prior version of the form has been removed. The section where the defendant signs the form no longer requires notarization but it does require the signature of the person who witnesses the defendant’s signature. The witness may be any individual, including a bail bond agent or deputy or other jail staff member.

Acknowledgment of Surety
This section has been edited and now requires the owner, president, CEO or other managing employee of a bail bond agency to certify that the agent submitting the form is in fact authorized to conduct business on behalf of the bail bond agency and surety company. This section also limits the validity of the form to only 30 days from the date it is signed and notarized.

Please note: The Acknowledgment of Surety section and the defendant/principal and witness section are not required to be signed on the same date.

Thank you for your attention to this matter and if you have questions about the information in this message please contact me.

State Court Administrator's Office

I am not a BEA - just a Bondsman trying to improve and become a better bondsman.

Last edited by Ron on Sat 06 Aug 2011 13:53, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New Forms in Minnesota - Bond Appearance Form
 Post Posted: Sat 06 Aug 2011 13:52 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
One of the Clerks at a local jail told me that they were no longer allowed to talk about it, but these forms were changed because of the attitude of a particular Bondsman and an argument he had with one of the jails in our state. After his explosion the jails punished the other bondsmen and women with slow service, long wait times and angry deputies.
This form will speed things up greatly.

I won't go into details about the situation but in my short time doing this I've learned that the actions of one bondsman will affect the others following him/her.

One jail commander called me at home after I posted a bond in his jail for the 1st time. He wanted to explain his jail rules.

1.) No bondsman allowed in the jail or courts unless they are posting a bond or attending court on a specific case.

2.) No bondsman is allowed to solicit business or pass out business cards on Jail or Court Property.

3.) No bondsman can sit in the jail lobby unless he/she is waiting for a def. or Cosigner. if you are waiting for a release, you have a special boring, uncomfortable room to wait in and it will be a 4 to 6 hour wait.

Reason? Bondsmen were fighting and arguing over clients in the jail/court lobby; it escalated to te point that deputies had to intervene, break up the fight and now everyone has to pay the price.

I am not a BEA - just a Bondsman trying to improve and become a better bondsman.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion