Off duty tactical holster • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Off duty tactical holster
 Post Posted: Wed 20 Jul 2011 10:18 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
First I would like to make this clear, THIS IS FOR OFF DUTY. Not to mention as a security officer I walk to my post with a thigh strapped tactical holster, by Boss would freak out. plus they don't look "professional."

So the Gun i currently have as a carry for off duty is a Beretta PX4 storm full sized 9mm. My question to you all is do you know of a tactical tigh holster for this gun? I have only found ones that would fit the 92 models. So, if any of you good folks here are Beretta users, please let me know.

Now ill explain why im looking for a tactical holster. The gun i love ( stated above) is a rather large hand gun. while it fits nicely in to my palms comfortably, not so much on the hip while driving in my car, walking..so forth. I'm 6'7; vehicles are a nuisance as it is about being comfortable.

so what is your opinion? If anything...

Future Recovery agent.

"We are a nation of laws, not of men." - John Adams

Life is full of lessons and one I know understand. While curiosity and the thirst of knowledge is a great thing; It can become a social burden at times. Not everyone can understand "why".. I try my best to stay patient with those who don't understand and will reject me.

Post subject: Re: Off duty tactical holster
 Post Posted: Wed 20 Jul 2011 12:00 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 3815
Experience: < 3 years
I did a quick search and found this safariland holster. I personally use blackhawk holsters and I don't recall them making one for
the px4. Several of my guys use safariland and love them just as much as I love my blackhawks. Here's a link to safarilands website.
http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/prod ... x?pid=6005

MAS Security Agency Lic # C13647
979-299-9484

Post Posted: Wed 20 Jul 2011 14:16 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Never heard of them. I use blackhawk for most of my other handgun needs. I will check them out and see what other people think about this company. When I did my search on google they didn't come up. Kinda surprised since they look like a well known company.

Future Recovery agent.

Life is full of lessons and one I know understand. While curiosity and the thirst of knowledge is a great thing; It can become a social burden at times. Not everyone can understand "why".. I try my best to stay patient with those who don't understand and will reject me.

Post Posted: Wed 20 Jul 2011 16:41 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
I edited this post since my original comment was not aimed at "tactical"... maybe this will just give a bit different perspective....

I shoot a PX4 Storm, full size 9mm in IDPA... I carry it in a Blackhawk holster... tactical it is not, but it fits great, wears great and can be removed and placed on the seat quickly and is very accessible at that point.

Image Image

Left holster is for a Beretta .40 Cougar; middle one is for the Storm PX4; right one is for my little Ruger SP101 stainless, hammer-less .357... the middle holster will fit the PX4 nicely but concealed... mmmmmmmmmmm??? and of course the Storm is the pistol... it is a very, very nice weapon.... of course guns are like cars... or women... once you determine the quality, the choice boils down to personal preference. I do not think you can beat a Beretta...

BTW... I also have Beretta .40, PX4 Storm sub compact... now that is a handful you can conceal....

Now all you Glock owners can come at me full force................... :shock: :shock:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 20 Jul 2011 16:53 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Just for general info... here are two PX4 Storm pistols and their respective holsters... the 9mm standard is in a Blackhawk with a release button and the .40 sub-compact is in a Fobus 'pinch' style... both are paddle and both wear comfortably... the Fobus is the only one I could find for the sub compact Beretta...

Image Image

... sorry for the 'fuzzy' pictures... I'll try to do better next time.

Just a comment about tactical holsters.... with paddle holsters off duty.... I just slip the holster off when driving.... and on when out of the car... it seems easy enough... and it looks to me as it might be difficult to get to the weapon while driving if it is in a tactical on your leg... just my thoughts... seems easier to just reach for it on the seat or a change holder in the middle... although, if I get into a situation where I need a weapon and I am driving... I would very likely just put my foot to the floor.... and not have to shoot anyone.... (please pay attention to my disclaimer on my sig................ 8) 8) )

Quote:
so what is your opinion? If anything...
It is very dangerous to ask me for my opinion... cause I will certainly give it............... 8) 8)

Tactical when off duty??? Not sure I understand the thoughts on that.... comfort while driving, I just remove the paddle holster and store it beside me. If your off duty and you have on a tactical holster that is gonna be rather conspicuous if you go into a 7/11 for a coffee...?? Just my thoughts... If I carry it is always concealed but then, I am a bondsman and not a uniformed officer so I don't need to be seen with the weapon. The off duty officers I know usually, if not always, carry concealed, but to each his own.

However... that Safariland did look pretty decent.... although I don't own a tactical holster...
This was on that link.... : Beretta PX4 Storm Tactical Black 4" 6005-180-121 6005-180-122

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 20 Jul 2011 20:10 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Speezack, I personally like the look and feel of tactical holsters. I know they can raise alarms, and probably looks wierd on me since I dress in mostly dress clothes when not at work. I had money arms I guess you would call them. I can actually get a firearm out of a tactical holster better then a normal duty type holster.( PERHAPS A LACK OF SKILL?)

The ones you have here, I do admit are very interesting and I will also check them out. thank you for your opinion and insight!

Future Recovery agent.

Post Posted: Wed 20 Jul 2011 20:48 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Hmmm . . . I have a holster like (or similar to) your (Bill) top one (Uncle Mikes Sidekick size 15) for my 40 Taurus . . . a Galco paddle for my Glock27 and a UncleMikes Sidekick (size 1) for my 38 (Taurus bluefinish) . . . The Taurus 40 lays on the headboard . . . the Glock27 rides in my purse (special pocket, special made purse ;)) and my 38 is in my gymbag . . . just got my Daddy's pretty and SHINY 38 SW . . . it is an OLD leather holster that he used . . . that is in my undie drawer :D . . . and the 20 Gauge (also my Daddy's) is in the corner of my bedroom near the closet . . . If furbabies don't get cha . . . I will. I do not have near what I want . . . still working on that :)
So, It depends on where I am going (when looking for someone) which one I carry . . . but I always have one within reach ;)

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Wed 20 Jul 2011 22:31 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Oh speezack, by the way I an with you. Berettas are just better then glocks. I've shot a few glocks. I don't like the feel nor the safety on them.

Future Recovery agent.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion