Where did my thread on my thoughts about NABBI go? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Where did my thread on my thoughts about NABBI go?
 Post Posted: Fri 08 Jul 2011 19:14 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 92
Experience: More than 10 years
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Knoxville, TN
800-689-5031

Post subject: Re: Where did my thread on my thoughts about NABBI go?
 Post Posted: Sat 09 Jul 2011 04:53 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 92
OK> 29 views and no reply as to where my post went or why. I will go forward with the assumption that it was removed by a moderator for what they believed was a legitimate reason, but even giving this idea the benefit of the doubt, it seems to give credibility to Madi's assertion that a new venue will be needed for the open and honest exchange of ideas. Any national association will of neccessity have to extend beyond the boundaries and control of this forum. It will need new ideas and participation that is not subject to the control of the moderators here or I fear it will never get off the ground. An association with enough members and participation will undoubtably include people who will not get along and may not even for personal reasons like each other, but unlike a moderated forum, we will have to set aside our personal differences and treat each other with professional regard and diplomacy. I am reminded of a scene in the musical 1776 between Franklin and Adams where the entire idea of American independence was on the verge of being derailed by the rift between Adams and South over the issue of slavery. Franklin told Adams, "These are proud and accomplished men, not ribbon clerks to be ordered around, and like it or not, they are going to be a part of this new and proud nation that we are trying to form. You better learn to live with them or forget the entire idea and go home." We, who are committed to this venture, are closer than I have ever seen in my career of making this happen, but we must be diplomatic and respectful of each others positions. I think Bill is absolutely correct in that we need not only bail bondsman and recovery agents, but I will go even farther and include also insurance companies, PBUS, General Agents, and yes, even some of those that others might consider cowboys and wannabes, in order to make this work. I include these last two because at one time or another, every respected member of this board was at least at one time probably thought of as a cowboy or a wannabe. At least I know that I was. Before we start excluding anyone, we should first make sure there will be enough of us left to build a base from. I am prepared to committ time and money to the formation and existence of a new association but not just an extension of this forum or any other association. I am willing, for my part, to forego petty differences, personality conflicts, and ego problems, all of which I have in abundance, but I'm not willing to have my or anyone else's thoughts on the subect moderated or censored. I acknowledge that this forum and its moderators have that absolute right and for this reason alone, I think that either they( the moderators) should either relinquish that right or we should find a new unmoderated venue for the free exchange of thoughts and ideas.

Knoxville, TN
800-689-5031

Post subject: Re: Where did my thread on my thoughts about NABBI go?
 Post Posted: Sat 09 Jul 2011 17:23 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12114

I also did the following, I apologize for not having done so earlier. That alone will have allevate the post from goin too far . . .

you are so very right that "personalities" should be left at the door. However I do not see as to how the problems that seem to have raised their heads have anything at all to do with the "moderation' of this Forum.

Last edited by LuVonda on Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

made a "sticky" 09July2011 so as to keep topic at the top of the Forum

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion