Transfer Bail Bonds? What are they and how do they work? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Transfer Bail Bonds? What are they and how do they work?
 Post Posted: Fri 22 Apr 2011 04:44 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Okay, so I'm here in Johnson City, TN and I just received a call from a lady in Brevard County, FL. She has a friend that is down there for a wedding but he resides in Chattanooga, TN. Of course I advised her that I could not write his bond because we only do bonds in specific counties here. I did tell her I would try to help. I searched the internet for around 15 minutes and found a company http://americannationalbail.com. I spoke with this company agent on the phone and he advised he might be able to do a transfer bond for her.

My questions are, how does this work, who can do it, and how do you go about getting into the business of doing it?

Thanks.

Owner, A Beagle Investigations and Process Service
TN P.I. License #6232, TN P.I. Company License #1496
Senior Agent, A Bail Away Bonding Company Inc.
T.A.P.B.A. Certification Always Current

Post subject: Re: Transfer Bail Bonds? What are they and how do they work
 Post Posted: Fri 22 Apr 2011 06:42 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
Experience: More than 10 years
Florida Transfer Bonds :

On occasion, a bondsman may desire to post a bond for a defendant who is in jail in a different state or in a Florida county where the bondsman is not registered. In that case, a limited surety agent may request that his or her surety company have the bond written by a licensed agent in the same state or county as the defendant. The posting agent is, of course, entitled to be compensated for his or her time. Therefore: Rule 4-221.105 forbids the bondsman to accept any other consideration on the bond (collateral is not considered consideration, of course) except that the bondsman may collect a transfer fee, not to exceed $100.00 per defendant, if the bond is posted by a bondsman in a different county or state from the originating bondsman.
Florida Statute 648.43(3) also requires the bondsman who is posting a transfer bond to indicate in writing on the bond the name and address of the referring bondsman.

*****************************************************************************************************************

Call Adam Asad @ 305 992-3645
Adam has been in the business a very long time and is very professional. Tell him Jeff referred you.. I am sure he would be able to help you, he writes in Brevard and other counties I dont have agents in...

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion