What's your personal life philosophy??? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: What's your personal life philosophy???
 Post Posted: Sat 16 Apr 2011 07:13 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
Somebody wrote me the other day and said I "have a bad attitude"... :mrgreen: I replied that they were probably right. The following is a statement that I put on my 'Likedin' website... I think it is a good business connection/networking site but there are a lot of people that try to connect with me that I just frankly don't have time to fool with... anyway... I certainly am quite picky when it comes to interaction with other folks... as some of you already know... I do sometimes get a bit over the top, but it is usually in good fun and not to inflame or harm anyone...

This is my profile statement on Likedin.com ....

I am retired and not particularly interested in contacts other than friends and family... I am not interested in buying anything or becoming involved in another job or position. I am old, worn out and enjoy riding my Harley and some fishing, other than that... don't waste my time or yours. I believe in telling it like it is.

Life is a journey through a maze of BS… if you manage to find the right ‘stepping stones’ you can usually get through it without getting your feet too wet or stepping in something unpleasant. There are many people and things that will try real hard to pull you off the path… you must always remember a very simple fact… you and no one else, is in control of your life, how you deal and react to people and things around you is totally up to you. Do not blame others for your actions or activities. You control it all, period. If you think life has handed you a raw deal… your probably right… and you very likely allowed it to happen. So, get busy and fix it.

I will only add that I try to have fun and employ a very large amount of humor in my everyday life... in fact, if you think about it... most of what happens to you will make you smile if you will only let it............ don't dwell on the bad stuff... it comes and goes... just try to remember the fun times... you will probably live longer because of those thoughts.

That about sums up my philosophy on life. What's yours??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post subject: Re: What's your personal life philosophy???
 Post Posted: Sat 16 Apr 2011 15:39 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
I surround myself with successful people, positive attitudes, and integrities beyond reproach.
This will allow you to compliment each other's talents and raise the standard of your collective work product.

People that are under achievers are generally issue oriented and you can't fix them. They will constantly migrate from one crisis to the next and never take ownership.

Lastly, our industry is full of type "A" over achievers. As a result, people that are satisfied with mediocrity cannot comprehend their achievements and accomplishments, and attack them. I try very hard to look for the good in everybody, some make you look harder than others. Winners surround themselves with winners, and I try to be that winner to others as well.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sat 16 Apr 2011 18:43 

Mdbtyhtr wrote:
I surround myself with successful people, positive attitudes, and integrities beyond reproach.
This will allow you to compliment each other's talents and raise the standard of your collective work product.

People that are under achievers are generally issue oriented and you can't fix them. They will constantly migrate from one crisis to the next and never take ownership.

Lastly, our industry is full of type "A" over achievers. As a result, people that are satisfied with mediocrity cannot comprehend their achievements and accomplishments, and attack them. I try very hard to look for the good in everybody, some make you look harder than others. Winners surround themselves with winners, and I try to be that winner to others as well.

Scott

Then it appears you do not subscribe to the belief that your life is a journey through a maze of BS.

In part, I came to similar views of the winners (well, mostly winners), by making a study of the biography's of some of the greatest people this country has ever recorded in history. None of them were whiners. All of them paid a price through either inspiration or perspiration. For those who learned through desperation, they were very quick in converting to leading lives of inspiration and to continue to become good students of principles which gave them the character they deserved.

"When the student is ready, the Master will appear".

Post Posted: Sun 17 Apr 2011 06:01 
in memoriam

Bill and Scott, you two are way above my pay grade on the philosophy scale. I think we are saying pretty much the same thing... I may have over simplified it but by finding the right 'stepping stones' you do find the positive, successful people to associate with and sidestep the negative...

I do think life is a journey through much BS... describe it however you like... and step on whatever stones get you through it... however you articulate it I believe it applies. I also try to associate with successful, positive people and 'sidestep' the rest. I don't think life is really that complicated... you just have to keep a positive attitude and stay focused on whatever 'carrot' is at the end of 'your' string.

I bow to Bill and Scott and so many others on here that have a much tighter grip on the presentation of ideas. I tend to simplify and maybe articulate in a different manner but I certainly appreciate reading additions to the 'stuff' I write. Your clarifications are welcomed... and know that I read and learn from them.

I do have one other comment. I have found that in the normal course of life, you will have to deal with some of the BS and negative that for whatever reason has reached a level of control in what you have to deal with in your work... to clarify this... there are people who for whatever reason have risen to a position that controls something that you must deal with... and even though you try to sidestep these individuals you are still forced to deal with them in the course of your occupation. That is also a talent that needs to be honed because you unfortunately cannot always sidestep the BS or the negative of which I speak and facing and dealing with these folks becomes a part of life. I just try to limit the interaction I have with them but it is not always possible and IMHO... you have to learn that ability as well.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sun 17 Apr 2011 06:37 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Bill
All of us are put into positions where we must deal with people that are less than desirable for one reason or another. I try very hard to never let them see that they bother me, because that would feed them. In our industry, there are many things that occur in the normal course of business that can be taken many ways. Should one choose to believe that they are interwoven conspiracies, so be it, but that would require expending too much energy on a negative. I prefer to "Eagle Out" (Well published Scottism) and seek the bigger picture. I try to understand other people's motivations. It helps me to understand their position and you quickly realize it is not personal, but human nature. I do not hold to the notion that we migrate a maze of BS as that is cynical by nature and not cohesive with my personality.

As to your stepping stones comment... It is just as important to be the stepping stone for others and teaches you to tread lightly as you appreciate the same soft steps when they are on your back!

Scott

Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sun 17 Apr 2011 08:05 
in memoriam

Mdbtyhtr wrote:
I do not hold to the notion that we migrate a maze of BS as that is cynical by nature and not cohesive with my personality.

Well, your personality is obviously defined by you and if you don't hold to that notion, that's fine, however...

My characterization of life's maze as BS is just my perception... I don't think it is necessarily cynical by nature... I think BS can be positive or negative but it is still BS... we all throw BS at each other on a daily basis... this post is BS... but I think constructive by nature not negative by nature. I think the best orators have a tremendous handle on BS and can toss it with the best... there are always titbits of wisdom in the deepest BS... again, IMHO.

Quote:
It is just as important to be the stepping stone for others and teaches you to tread lightly as you appreciate the same soft steps when they are on your back!

I certainly agree with that, we are all teachers in one light or another... we can each pull something from another, sometimes it is negative and sometimes positive and we have to decide if we want to plug it into our lives or not. I believe that even the most negative action can enlighten and be a positive learning experience, especially if it happens to us personally. As said many times... we learn from our mistakes and I learn daily as do most.

Well, as mentioned previously, I do learn from you and others on your level... thanks again for your input. My opinions are only that and as always said........... "opinions are like the proverbial body orifice... we all have one..."

... and now I am going to close and try to straighten up my office, which unfortunately at this moment in time...... is quite negative and filled with BS... which may actually be cynical by nature... 8)

Post Posted: Sun 17 Apr 2011 10:01 

speezack wrote:
this post is BS...

Ouch.

As Cool Hand Luke said in the closing moments before he was gunned down by the Warden, "What we have here is a Lack of Communication".

Let me go to the dictionary for BS, so as to add clarity to whether or not my earlier post is BS:

bull·s.h.i.t (blsht) Vulgar Slang
n.
1. Foolish, deceitful, or boastful language.
2. Something worthless, deceptive, or insincere.
3. Insolent talk or behavior.

(Given the above use of BS as defined, as sure as I know that the Sun will rise tomorrow morning from the East, I know what I have written regarding the study of biographies and its affect - are as sure as I know the Sun will set in the West. But then again, perhaps this thread is a light-hearted "Let's pretend to BS each other". If so, let me not rain on the parade.)

Post Posted: Sun 17 Apr 2011 10:46 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Quote:
"What we have here is a Lack of Communication".

"...What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Scott

Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sun 17 Apr 2011 11:33 
in memoriam

Correction as Scott pointed out....
Quote:
As Cool Hand Luke said in the closing moments before he was gunned down by the Warden, "What we have here is a Lack of Communication".

the quote was "... failure to communicate"... and also........ the Warden did not shoot Luke.... the Wardens right hand man with the sunglasses did the shooting.
"Boss Godfrey" actor Morgan Woodward

Anyway, Websters definition and mine differ somewhat... I think most know what I am saying.... I won't take the time to clarify... just say that my definition is somewhat above Websters but not quite to the height of absolute, unquestionable truth... a bit in between.... actually I tend to think there are many levels of BS... which are defined in many different ways... I don't think you can define the term in such a short description... again............ here we go with just my humble opinion only.

BS: Spinning a tale that tells a story and/or presents a moral (but not always of course, sometimes BS is just BS... now that should confuse) with a lot of colorful colloquial language and adjectives injected for effect. In many instances, BS is used to clarify a point by a speaker who has absolutely no idea what he/she is talking about... and in many instances... it is believed and repeated as fact.

Politicians have mastered the art well.

In fact... this definition is BS... are ya startin' to get my drift...

Post Posted: Sun 17 Apr 2011 15:27 
in memoriam

I reiterate... life is absolutely a journey through a maze of BS... no question about it.... IMHO of course.

This thread is a perfect example. 8) :mrgreen: :shock:

See ya in Vegas where we can rrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy lay it on............... :shock: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion