Things to give to bond principals for marketing? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Things to give to bond principals for marketing?
 Post Posted: Wed 02 Mar 2011 04:27 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 3 - 5 years
I'm sure you have all tried giving tangible items i.e. T-Shirts, Lighters, Key chains, Pens, etc. to your principals and co-signers. I just want to know what you think is or has been the best item that really makes your business stand out, is cost efficient, and helps promote your business. I have tried everything above, and it seems to be a waste of money for the most part. Thanks in advance.

Owner, A Beagle Investigations and Process Service
TN P.I. License #6232, TN P.I. Company License #1496
Senior Agent, A Bail Away Bonding Company Inc.
T.A.P.B.A. Certification Always Current

Post subject: Re: Things to give to bond principals for marketing?
 Post Posted: Wed 02 Mar 2011 09:24 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
I have advertized on the "community" magnet since 2002
These are handed out by your local Commerce Office, OES, Fire Dept, PD and Sheriff Dept. You know the one . . . withh ALL the Emergency Numbers and oft times a few local vendors . . . .

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Sat 05 Mar 2011 06:22 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
We have key-chains with our logo, number and a little message... "Let us get to you before your cellmate does."... which was my daughters idea but brings a smile and if they have a key-chain... I physically put it on their chain for them.

We also have 'refrigerator' magnets with Emergency numbers and addresses and of course our names and numbers... also calender magnets with the same info... and I have bumper stickers that seem to get some attention. Also benches in front of Walmart and other local markets that have our logo, names and numbers.

I have found that the best advertising is done with good service and follow up calls and simple word of mouth... and it also depends on the closeness of the family... if you can get parents... especially Mothers, involved in the mix... all the other physical stuff you are talking about probably doesn't do much of anything.

I try to do a lot of personal connecting with the family as we are waiting at the jail... try to get them to talk about their family and their interactions within the family... you can connect and learn a lot by getting them to open up. Tell a few funny stories and try to lighten the mood a bit... this is a stressful time for all the family and if you can lighten them up a bit and get them to open up... it gives them a point to remember and sticks in their heads longer than a physical item stuck in a pocket book and forgotten easily.

I recall myself and Scott M. going on a pickup in DC one time... we picked up the perp and on the way back to my car... Scott got the 'woman' laughing and talking and to this day... even though we locked her up... she has referred others to my company and she even has called a number of times and ask about "that funny guy that was driving..."... Scott, I will provide her with your number if you like... she really thought you were............................ "special"... 8) 8) :shock: :shock: :oops:

Scott also hands out hats, t-shirts and other stuff that seems to work well... but I think his advertising budget is bit larger than..... certainly mine.... please pardon me for using you as an example here Scott.

Dawn, Tim and I have tried many marketing techniques over the years with quite wide results... we live in a rural area and have signs in many places that are seen... I have found that small yellow page ads and signs in store front windows and small board signs on the roads do about as much as handing out pens, key-chains, calenders and other stuff that seems to not do much... but I guess it also depends on your location... I think city and rural bonding have very different mindsets when it comes to getting in front of the customer.

I guess there are many things to be done... it just takes a little constructive thought to figure out what will work in any given situation.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sat 05 Mar 2011 12:52 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
FWIW...
I learned that as this industry and society has changed, so has our approach to marketing.
I believe in "Living" marketing objects, those that don't expire, like calendars. Business cards are great, mine are double sided with the subject's court date filled out on the back, for the defendant, mom, girlfriend etc. It also has my website and they are verbally directed to it to maintain accurate control of future court dates through my courts link. The only value to being in the phone books for me is the column ads, because that is what is posted in the jails. The phone book full page ads are too expensive, not utilized as much and their delivery to households has been all but eliminated. Where I live, they stack them up in the post office. The pricing for this type of advertising has not been reduced any and they fail to acknowledge the diminished value of this marketing option.

I have coffee mugs in my company colors, gold and black, with my PI business on one side and my bail bonds business on the other. These have been given to attorneys, their secretaries (the real gateway to continued business) as well as local diners and restaurants. My t shirts all have my logo on the front and different sayings on the back, I never do the same t shirt twice, it keeps them fresh. I give these out at biker bars for fund raisers, my local HD dealership, and my clientel. Annually, I give very nice gifts to attorneys that I share business with, like recording pens, pens with an infrared pointer etc. I also market at stock car tracks and drag strips, billboards are usually $500.00 per year, and they keep your name out there. You can buy virtual toll free numbers to track your response to specific advertising, which is a great idea. Do not overlook your local websites, I use Southern Maryland.com (www.somd.com) and rotate banner advertising between the PI business and the Bail Business.

Lastly, on my indemnity agreements, there is a place to check off how you learned about our company. This allows us to quantify advertising that works.

Contrary to popular opinion, my entire marketing budget is far less than what I used to spend on Yellow Page books alone, since we had to market in Yellow Book and Verizon Yellow Pages.

I started out small and remain that way. I do not write a very large volume of bonds, but am careful of what I do write. I have been criticized for not writing more loosely, given my ability in the recovery department. I would prefer that my competition write the bonds that I choose not too and then pay me to clean up the mess, it is far more profitable.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sun 06 Mar 2011 18:54 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Quote:
Also benches in front of Walmart and other local markets that have our logo, names and numbers.

I have found that the best advertising is done with good service and follow up calls and simple word of mouth... and it also depends on the closeness of the family... if you can get parents... especially Mothers, involved in the mix... all the other physical stuff you are talking about probably doesn't do much of anything.

I had forgotten about the benches ;) ya know folks in small towns love sitting on those benches.

and Scott . . . you are so so right. Most folks do not look in a phone book . .. they call a friend that knows somebody that that knows somebody at one time or another went to Jail ;) . . . That is the folks that have no clue. AND THEN . . . there are those that know who to call immediately cuz they "have been in those shoes"

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Mon 07 Mar 2011 09:28 
in memoriam

I refer to them as............. "frequent fliers".

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Thu 10 Mar 2011 12:35 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2065
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Bill, somebody from California must have stolen that slogan from you. We received a phone call from a salesman that said they have a new item besides pens with our logo on them, it's CONDOMS with your company info and the slogan that reads, "let us get to you before your cell mate does"

I thought it was joke and asked him to send me a case COD. They were real alright and they were gone quick. We pass them out to the "appropiate" people and also fill a fish bowl and place it on our desks.

What we do now is get a print shop to print the stickers and order a 1000 condoms from Condom Depot for $75. My wife sticks the sticker on the condoms and we're done.

Anniston, AL

Post Posted: Fri 11 Mar 2011 05:50 
in memoriam

Jay, that is funny but probably a good idea... not sure what Gail or my daughter would say if I ordered 1000 condoms... :oops: :oops:

... probably laugh, look at me and say.... "wishful thinking"...

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion