Movie revue... "Machete " • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Movie revue... "Machete "
 Post Posted: Sun 27 Feb 2011 09:09 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
I just rented the movie "Machete"

Now let me say that I usually like "shooter, adventure, mystery types"... I can put up with about any level of violence although I have never cared for movies that have poor acting... which of course is a matter of opinion...

I also always look at the main characters and up until now have never seen a movie with Robert De Niro... that I did not like... although I have seen some that were questionable... even his classic... "Taxi driver" was.... IMHO not very well done (although it was acclaimed as the classic De Niro) but it was one of his first and he was young and I chalked it up to that... anyway... Hell, I love C. Eastwood but his early Italian westerns had very bad acting and he never said more than a few words but the action was great and some of his supporting actors and quotes were unforgettable... (ie: Dan George my favorite)

This movie, "Machete" is ... IMHO... a piece of junk... I am extremely surprised that De Niro, Don Johnson... even Jessica Alba... and even Steven Segal (who has made his share of trashy movies... again IMHO) and Cheech Marin... actually quite a cast... even got to see a little skin from Lindsay Lohan... but it still sucked IMHO.

I even like Danny Trejo, who is a really bad azz lookin' dude that portrays these types of characters extremely well...

... but the movie sucks... don't waste your money... at $1.05 for a redbox it still sucked.... I actually fast forwarded most of it except for the nude scenes with Lindsy and her mom and a couple with the other sweeties............ scuz me.... (I watched those scenes in sloooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww mo..........

I think I will go back to 'Farmers Market' to the redbox and rent...................... "Ice Age II".... 8) 8)

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post subject: Re: Movie revue... "Machete "
 Post Posted: Sun 27 Feb 2011 12:22 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1973
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Ice Age II is way better.
......and if you slow mo on the squirrel scenes you definitely need to get out more and open the pool back up and invite those wonderful ladies back over.
Don't worry the cold weather will probably benefit all of you....more so the ladies :wink: :mrgreen:

Dave
Private Investigator
Licensed by the NYS DOS Division of Licensing

Post Posted: Mon 28 Feb 2011 07:57 
in memoriam

Dave, I swear... I watch those cartoon movies sometimes.... the one with the little robot and the one about the ants.... I must be reverting to my early years.... anyway.... thanks for the response... I like the squirrel and the nut.... funny stuff... IMHO... of course I do have a rather warped sense of humor... :shock:

I also like the scene in "Machete" where 25 shots came out of that revolver.... like to have one of those?!!

Hey.......... it is 75 degrees here......... gonna ride my Harley over to Mecklenburg to do a bond............. can't wait!!!!!

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Mon 28 Feb 2011 10:30 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
Quote:
Why do we count shots fired :lol: :lol:

I think it is part of our makeup.... I have always done that.... it gives me the moment I can jump up and run (in the opposite direction!)

Quote:
It also sucked in my opinion. I watch cartoons all the time, i prefer the older cartoons not into the new ones. Since i am at home most of the time Diana signed me up on Netflix, best money i have spent to date i have watched over 500 movies.

I use redbox... except Netflix does have some of the older westerns that I just watch over and over... the older I get the more I seek the good memories and many are in the movies we grew up with.... like......... The Wild Bunch... Magnificent 7... even the newer 'Silverado' was right good... and of course most of the Eastwood westerns... stuff like that... Guns of Navarone... Image

The cast in that one... well, ya just don't see those types around anymore... IMHO... when that rat "pops" and that German gunner blows smoke out his mouth... for some reason... I just crack up...

I sure hope both of us can get to Vegas Dave... I think we might have things to talk about.

In case anyone is confused.... this is speezacks post in which I accidently edited Dave's post and put my stuff in it... are you as confused as me........................... Image

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post Posted: Mon 28 Feb 2011 15:42 
in memoriam

Dave... I did it again.... I edited your post instead of quoting it.... one of these days... I'm gonna learn how to do this stuff... sorry, but at least I did include your original.... anyway.... later.............

I gotta go see if I can find that box a mud for LuVonda's duck??!! I think I still have just a little left.....

Image Image

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion