Dog and Beth @ PBUS • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Dog and Beth @ PBUS
 Post Posted: Sat 22 Jan 2011 08:53 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Did anyone hear the news? You can get VIP tickets to see Beth and Dog at the PBUS convention and it's only $250.00 and then if you want to attend the reception and dinner it's only $160.00. The best part is you don't even have to be a member of PBUS to attend the VIP part. Anyone interested in the business can come and here them talk. Wow has the PBUS sold out for the almighty $$$$$. I think I will go buy mine right now(ha ha). If you were a member and attended the whole convention you would be out $2000+ for this fine event. Not for me

Post subject: Re: Dog and Beth @ PBUS
 Post Posted: Sat 22 Jan 2011 12:04 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Experience: More than 10 years
I remember when A & E paid PBUS to allow them to speak, right Tony?

...and precisely why I did not renew my membership, although they have spent more than my dues in mail to me to get me back...

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sat 22 Jan 2011 12:08 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
If PBUS pays me $410 and will fly me there I will attend.. :mrgreen:

otherwise I will just be beaching it here on the beach...

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post Posted: Sat 22 Jan 2011 13:31 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Correct Scott,

They are also picking up some of the costs this time also. I too, have received many emails and snails mails regarding this convention.

Actually, last August, I broke down and renewed my PBUS membership after almost 4 years of friendly cajoling by one of the board members that I have very much respect for. Less than 2 months later, I get the first conference mailing announcing the return of the Chapmans.

I was and am still very pi$$ed off because of it.

I have made my views clear to several of the board members of the Un PBUS as I now will refer to them.

And, yesterday after receiving another email regarding promoting the Chapmans, I finally sent a not too friendly reply.

The California Bail Agents Association, usually holds its February board meeting in Vegas during the Un PBUS conference. Earlier I had annouced to my board that I would not attend due to the Chapman appearance. Several other CBAA board members also canceled their plans to attend our board meeting. Since then I have changed my mind and will attend our CBAA board meeting. That will allow me the opportunity to voice my objections to the Un PBUS in person.

Last edited by tsuggs on Sat 22 Jan 2011 20:45, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat 22 Jan 2011 13:54 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Oh God Weasel ! You are going to wind up with yet another nickname :)

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Sun 23 Jan 2011 14:15 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1999
Experience: 7 - 10 years
LuVonda wrote:
Oh God Weasel ! You are going to wind up with yet another nickname :)

I was just thinking "What will she call him, this time?" Something catchy, I hope :D

GAPB 20120726
NSIS ST0707
http://www.rocksolidrg.com
"The hero is not the man that acts without fear,
He is the man that acts inspite of fear"

Post Posted: Sun 23 Jan 2011 14:29 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Hopefully our paths wont cross. I am going for my surety dinner that will be off site and then the CBAA baord meeting on Wednesday morning. By then I hope they are gone.

But if I get the chance I will give them a ear full. Mainly I plan on voicing my opinion with the powers of the UnPBUS.

Post Posted: Tue 25 Jan 2011 14:46 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Friends,

This is my reply to someone that questioned my not attending the PBUS convention next month in Veags.

I was very hot when I replied and did not spell or grammar check as I wanted to get this back to them as sson as possible.

I will not show their email out of respect for privacy and confidentiality.

***How can the Professional Bail Agents of The United States use the name "Professional" when they are showcasing the most "un" professional examples of the bail industry or "profession."

I understand this may be a tool to draw a large crowd to the convention and to generate funds for the association. But if they are the only reason why people will attend, then the PBUS has a big problem with its message!

The only reason they are there, is for self promotion. Donating the money is nothing. A&E is picking up their cost one way or another.

I have donated time and money to many local organizations. Not one time was it for self promotion.

The last time they were there, you saw how they handled a very simple question about going to Mexico. They have repeatedly made racial and ethnic slurs.Their "style" of business is what we on the CBAA board have complained about for years.

How many of those local and out of state dog fans stayed and went to other sessions? I know that the very next morning, we had Rex Venator and Scott MacLean, 2 well respected "bounty hunters" speaking. They have way more knowledge of bail recovery than dog will ever acquire.

Yet,the room was barely 1/3 filled. I guess you have to be on TV to be popular.

So, again PBUS wants to legitimize them for the sake of money! If so, the PBUS will not get one damm more dollar from me.

You know, there is olympic wrestling. A sport of technique, strength and discipline. Then there is the WWF. The wrestling of the WWF is way more popular than olympic wrestling. Its all over TV. The "actors" are very good at their craft.

Some will say that WWF is for rednecks and trailer trash when compared to olympic wrestling.

I could use the same comparison about the Chapmans compared to truly professional bail and recovery agents. Just because they are more popular, doesn't mean they are the best example of our business.

If the majority of bail agents that attend the convention do so just to see dog, then I will say it here and everywhere else I have the opportunity, I do not wish to associate with them!

When a former federal law enforcement officer stands up and essentially condones the breaking of international and state law, I can not have respect for that person.

If that is cutting off my nose, then so be it.

There are many things in life that I just don't care to let bother me. But the denigration of a business I love and respect, is one thing I will fight against where ever I have the opportunity to do so.

If that means losing personal associations, again so be it!

Finally, I am not impressed with celebrity. I have met a president, a couple of senators and other politicians, actors and sport "heros." They are just people, nothing to be in awe of!***

Post Posted: Tue 25 Jan 2011 16:05 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
[quote="tsuggs"]Friends,

[quote]

I was looking for the part where you asked for the refund.

I guess your not a company boy,

but your definately all Heart Weasel. :wink:

Bail Agent
Cell (626) 862-0627
Fax (877) 722-4593

Post Posted: Wed 26 Jan 2011 20:14 

I won't be attending nor will I be renewing my membership w/PBUS.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion