Sept. 11, 2001 Remembered • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Sept. 11, 2001 Remembered
 Post Posted: Sun 12 Sep 2010 05:46 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2716
Experience: < 3 years
This appeared in a local paper around the first anniversary of the attacks. It says a lot for who we are as Americans and I thought I'd share it with you here.

Some Things Never Change

Sept. 11, 2001 Remembered

Sept. 11, 2002

One year ago today, a series of infamous and cowardly events took place that changed our lives. We changed as individuals, as a nation, and indeed, as a world. Some things changed but for a moment, and in time were the same again. Some things changed and will never be the same again. Some things, however, will never change.

Ours has always been a nation of resilience and courage. It is our nature to persevere, and in time, we will know victory. We will again know peace. For now, we’ve but to pray and hope and work hard toward those ends. Our efforts will be forever diligent and our vigilance forever unwavering. This will never change.

The doors of our great nation have always stood open to the peoples of the world. We have given sanctuary to the hopeless and opportunity to the dreamers. We have shared our freedom with the oppressed and provided for those in need. And we have paid a price for this generosity, often times being shunned by the very people with whom we’ve shared so much. We are insulted, attacked and criticized in spite of our good will, yet we continue to give, because this too, is our nature. This will never change.

We are a nation of many people. Any race, creed or religion may be found amongst us. We are the culmination of all the cultures of the world, great and small. In this, we are the embodiment of all things great in all the peoples of the world. Our nation stands as an icon to anyone who ever wanted to achieve anything. This will never change.

We have been attacked both abroad and in our homeland. We have been spat upon and gunned down in the streets of other nations that we have defended relentlessly, often by the very people we fight to defend. We have stood in the face of injustice and shouted, “No more!”, in hope that others may know the quality of life we so enjoy. Our young men have selflessly spilled their own blood in the defense of those who could not defend themselves. We have faced down every enemy that has ever stood against us, and we will face down those who stand against us now. This will never change.

We truly are one nation under God, with liberty and justice for all. We are proud. We are strong. We are free. We are America, and…

This will never change.

Author Unknown

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

Post subject: Re: Sept. 11, 2001 Remembered
 Post Posted: Sun 12 Sep 2010 20:37 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
Thank you Doug :-( I shall never forget that day and what I was doing.My throat hurts just typing about it

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post subject: Re: Sept. 11, 2001 Remembered
 Post Posted: Sat 12 Feb 2011 11:18 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
In seven months it will be 10 years. I have been thinking about how the USA has changed and has not changed.

And now with changes in the Middle East, what if anything will happen on 9-11-11.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion