Idea for my website.All comments welcome • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Idea for my website.All comments welcome
 Post Posted: Fri 30 Jul 2010 22:24 

Hey so as you know I started my own business a few months ago. Well things are actually going very well. I have had 4 cases in just the past 2 weeks resulting in three arrest, seizure of a fire arm possessed by a convicted felon and the fourth arrest is pending the bondsman getting back from vacation to go get him.(out of state) Well what I am wanting to do is put a page on my site that is refrences and under each refrence have a testimonal. What do ya think?

Post subject: Re: Idea for my website.All comments welcome
 Post Posted: Sat 31 Jul 2010 04:29 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
I have a very basic website and several pages relate to pickups (I like Chevy's)... I think it probably is ok to ring your own bell and show positive results... many bond and recovery sites have these pages included and I see nothing wrong with it.

I think you need to be careful when posting names and pictures... as long as you are completely factual and do not post anything detrimental to the defendant (that would leave you open to a lawsuit) you would probably be ok....

I have a "Wanted" page and a "Capture" page... I do know that some of the more "Professional" members on here don't tout their successes with pictures or names... some testimonial are there but no real detail... and I think that is for the reason mentioned.

Just remember that whatever you post on this Internet thing is out there for the entire world to see and use and that leaves a very large area of things that can and often "go south".

Sometimes things are much better left unsaid... so I guess the final answer is... whatever floats your boat with finesse... although in my AO... I sometimes lack finesse... :mrgreen:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sat 31 Jul 2010 06:26 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Experience: More than 10 years
Consider that having a posted picture on a website is there forever. The subject, his family and possible employers may take offense and now know who to go after for retribution, should they so desire. Some of the people that we pick up are for minor pick ups, hell most of them are. If the court allows them to pay their debt to society and move on, so should you. Remain covert, do your job diligently and quietly.

Just MHO.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sat 31 Jul 2010 20:46 

Hmm tow very good replies. I will think hard and ask my lawyer before I do this.

Post Posted: Sun 01 Aug 2010 17:14 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3077
Experience: 5 - 7 years
This is slightly off topic but here in my AO there is a newspaper out now that places mug shots of recent arrests and also wanted lists as well.
I too am a little split on the whole placing your captures online,so far i have not done it.
I dont see anything wrong with putting a reference page there with testimonials from some bondsman that you may have worked for in the past on recoveries or bonds.
on a more unrelated topic, i am currently enjoying your states fine scenery in charleston!! sadly i will be headed back to TN. shortly

Cell:(931)551-5020

Post Posted: Mon 02 Aug 2010 17:02 

Haha I just caught a guy in charleston about 2 weeks ago. I live about 30 mins away in Huntington

Post Posted: Thu 05 Aug 2010 21:39 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3077
Experience: 5 - 7 years
good to know,past through huntington on the way through.A shame its such a nice area and people want t o hide there!! lol

Cell:(931)551-5020

Post Posted: Fri 06 Aug 2010 19:38 

Jayc4929 wrote:
good to know,past through huntington on the way through.A shame its such a nice area and people want t o hide there!! lol

Haha it just has that apperence...Huntington is really little IRAQ...no joke. Huntington is drug central for Wva.

Post Posted: Fri 06 Aug 2010 19:59 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2792
Experience: 3 - 5 years
I heard that sometime ago when I was still driving Big rig(18 wheelers), which was a couple years ago but then Charleston ain't much better

CELL 724-664-5669
fax# 724-545-1459
IN THE HORIZON OR AROUND THE CORNER WE ARE THE TRAILS-END

Post Posted: Sat 07 Aug 2010 13:34 

Yes sadly it is true. However we have an excellent police chief and he actually cares about the community. Things are looking up for Huntington.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion