Front Site advertisements and their offer • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Front Site advertisements and their offer
 Post Posted: Sun 07 Mar 2010 22:00 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
I heard an ad on the radio the other day about Front Site and if you take their class you can receive a permit that is good in a number of states. Has anyone else here heard of this, and do such classes exist? I can't seem to find it on their site nor on Google.

There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to everything. - From the Hagakure

Post subject: Re: Front Site advertisements and their offer
 Post Posted: Mon 08 Mar 2010 13:05 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
Its the Nevada CCW Permit It is recognized by 18 or so other states.

Several gun owners sites list the CCW states and the reciprocity of permits.

Googlge conceal carry and they will pop up.

Post Posted: Mon 08 Mar 2010 14:16 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Ok thanks, I'd like to look into that at some point...besides the permit, I'm always up for another good set of focused training!

There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to everything. - From the Hagakure

Post Posted: Thu 11 Mar 2010 11:33 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

Experience: < 1 year
Be advised that while one State's CCW permit may be recoginzed by another state, that doesn't mean EVERYTHING about that state permit translates. For example, I have an MT CCW permit, but I'm stationed in NC. I can carry in NC using my MT CCW. BUT.....to purchase a pistol in NC it is required that you EITHER obtain an NC Pistol Purchase Permit OR have an NC CCW. I cannot use my MT CCW to purchase a pistol in NC, I still have to jump through the hoops to obtain a PPP.

As for Front Sight.....I went to a 4 day pistol class there a couple years ago. The instruction was very good. The facilities at the range were fairly spartan (not a problem for me, I'm kinda used to spartan after being in the Army for 19 yrs and several deployments). There was one building with AC and we were allowed to eat our sack lunches in there, but were subject to a VERY pushy sales pitch to buy into the property there at FS. (Think condo sales pitch)

If you don't mind the in your face marketing while on breaks, the actual pistol instruction was decent.

Hope this helps.....

Post Posted: Fri 12 Mar 2010 14:33 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Experience: None
Red - Utah has a permit which is honored in 30 states.

http://www.utahrighttocarry.com/class_faq.cfm

You can find a list of instructors in your state here and take the course with them:

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/documents/insoutstate_070.pdf

However, if you move, like I did, you must notify Utah prior to your move (not after) or it will be voided and then you have to take the course again. Something I learned the hard way when I moved from SC to VA. Hope that helps!

Rich

As for Frontsite, their course is great, but I had the same issue with the sales pitch and I still can not get them to take me off their email list. Just and FYI.

VA DCJS #99-99238446

Post Posted: Fri 12 Mar 2010 18:23 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Thanks Rab, I'll pass that on to my boss and my partner. We've discussed taking a course like this at some point soon so we can be legal-legal in other states. That, and, any day at the range is always a good one!

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion