How to keep casual look and carry M18 tazer & other tools • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: How to keep casual look and carry M18 tazer & other tools
 Post Posted: Tue 20 Oct 2009 12:29 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
Hi,

I just wanted some ideas and thoughts on how I can carry my glock 22, m18 tazer, and my hand cuffs, and still keep a casual look. I didnt want to have a belt full or tools like a police officer has, but I am not sure how to securley carry my taser without adding another holster to my belt. I think the taser is an good offensive tool to have, my pistol is there for defensive purpose only and so I would like to always have my taser with me. I was just wondering how you guys carry your tools and if you could give me some ideas on what you carry and how you carry it. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: How to keep casual look and carry M18 tazer & other tools
 Post Posted: Tue 20 Oct 2009 19:41 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
Experience: More than 10 years
Wear oversize (Length) Shirts, polo's etc. wear a light nylon jacket, use paddle back holsters. If you can not carry concealed in your state none of the above will apply. I have a sports bag with me at all times in the SUV that has a complete duty belt & a tactical shotgun should i need them. I wear sports coats or jackets most of the time as my mine money is made else where. Dress for success. The only time you should carry is when you do the rearrest unless you can carry legal. I do carry all the time. Hope this helps.

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post Posted: Tue 20 Oct 2009 20:25 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
If your a female... just carry a large pocket book.

If your a male... just carry a large pocket book... :mrgreen: trust me, no other male is gonna try and look in your pocket book... 8) and most will stay a good distance from you... it might help to wear a bit of rouge also. :shock: blushing red is nice.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Tue 20 Oct 2009 21:15 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
It all depends on what your state laws consider open carry, or what constitutes concealed carry, and what is considered a "weapon." If a Taser is considered a weapon, then it would fall under your state's open carry, or concealed carry law. If not, then what if any law does it fall under?

I would contact your state AG's office, and get a written opinion from them. That is what you will take to court if you have to defend yourself. No matter if another gives a different opinion, you have your defense. You acted legally based on what you were told was legal.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post Posted: Tue 20 Oct 2009 21:58 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

Kathy wrote:
It all depends on what your state laws consider open carry, or what constitutes concealed carry, and what is considered a "weapon." If a Taser is considered a weapon, then it would fall under your state's open carry, or concealed carry law. If not, then what if any law does it fall under?

I would contact your state AG's office, and get a written opinion from them. That is what you will take to court if you have to defend yourself. No matter if another gives a different opinion, you have your defense. You acted legally based on what you were told was legal.

Thanks for the input, sorry I should have mentioned the carry laws for Georgia that way it would be easier to give addvice on how to carry my equipment. In Georgia if you have a firearms licence then you can carry openly or concealed. There is no restrictions on tasers in Georgia. I do have a firearms permit becouse it is required to have it to get you recovery license.

Post Posted: Tue 20 Oct 2009 22:06 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

DMARTZ wrote:
Wear oversize (Length) Shirts, polo's etc. wear a light nylon jacket, use paddle back holsters. If you can not carry concealed in your state none of the above will apply. I have a sports bag with me at all times in the SUV that has a complete duty belt & a tactical shotgun should i need them. I wear sports coats or jackets most of the time as my mine money is made else where. Dress for success. The only time you should carry is when you do the rearrest unless you can carry legal. I do carry all the time. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the input I will try some diffrent shirts and jackets to see what I can come up with.
It should be easy in the winter when Im always wearing a jacket, but I guess in warmer weather I can try some longer tshirts or polo shirts.

Post Posted: Wed 21 Oct 2009 06:52 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Derek,
Please don't negate Dave's response about dressing for success, Sport Coats work in all seasons and lend an air of professionalism. Dress this way to obtain your information. Dress differently when you do your re-arrest.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Wed 21 Oct 2009 17:36 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Well, I guess I should have been a bit more serious here but .......... you got some good answers, however, I do know a PI in Richmond... female, who does carry all her stuff in a big hand bag.... quite unassuming and quite accessible quickly... of course if your a male... well, you can decide on that... all the rest of the advise you got was quite accurate.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 21 Oct 2009 20:40 

We actually carry a duffel bag with extra clothes in it. We dress professional if we're speaking with banks, agencies, etc. But on those days we're going on an apprehension, depending on the location, we dress casual. We try to blend in as best we can. Many times we've gone from one location to another. It might start out in a suburb and wind up in the shady part of a town. Then again, it might wind up in a stickier situation where we have LE show up. In those situations, we have very distinct jackets or shirts identifying us as BEA's. Situations change constantly, hence the duffel bag. Personally, in the warmer months, I'll wear blue jeans and a slightly over sized button up short sleeved shirt with a light weight t-shirt underneath. Easy access to my gun, taser, and cuffs.

Post Posted: Wed 21 Oct 2009 20:42 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
I liked your answer Bill . . . a "ManBag" would be a great tool.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion