the third bondsman on the grassy knoll • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: the third bondsman on the grassy knoll
 Post Posted: Sun 04 Oct 2009 14:05 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
so im sitting in court the other day listening to bench warrant after bench warrant get handed out.this particular day there were 25 handed out i think?well i got to thinking if there were any way to capitalize on all these no-shows.ive been researching,and cannot find anywhere-where it would state if georgia has an "open bounty-hunting" law or not.have any of
you ever done anything like this?if so how would you get compensated for this kind of work? or would it be in my best interest to mind my own buisness?(to claryify,none of the warrants for for any of my people,just random no shows.)

Post subject: Re: the third bondsman on the grassy knoll
 Post Posted: Sun 04 Oct 2009 21:14 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1945
Experience: 5 - 7 years
The only way to get into this would be to go through the Sheriff's department as a contractor. Number one, they are not interested in paying a contractor to serve warrants when they have people on the payroll to do the job. Number two, they are very liability cautious. Not being short by no means....I have mentioned it to the Sheriff in the five counties I do bail recovery in. They shot that idea out of the water immediately. They all said the same thing about liability. Now nothing says you can't get a list of all bench warrant "recipients" and check with the sheriff's department and see who has co-signers and then soliciting to them (so long as you are registered with the sheriff of the county where the bench warrant is issued). Great idea, though !

(678) 759-0530
Bail Enforcement / Recovery
Specialized Repossessions
"NSF" Bad Check Recovery
Extraditions

Post Posted: Mon 05 Oct 2009 03:23 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

yeah just didnt know about wading that pool or not.now i am familiar with the recovery protocol.having to check in and be registerd with the chief law enforcement officer of area of operation.i guess i should have known about the liability end of it.after all fear of liability makes the world go round right?thanks for the input.ill do more research and after getting my ducks in a row ,pitch it to the cleo.

Post Posted: Mon 05 Oct 2009 12:57 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
Speaking for CA only, very few fta's have a "bounty" on them. In fact, the only wanted with a price tag, are usually wanted for murder or bank robbery and are not out on bond.

So, LE is already looking for them and will only pay for info leading to their arrest, not their capture by private citizens.

The other thing to verify is are if these fta's are out on bond or O.R.

If things are slow enough for you and you have the time, you may want to check them out. Who knows you may pick up some recovery work from other bail agents.

But I don't think you will get much or any "government" work. Too much liability for being a state "actor" if you screw up.

Not that I am saying you would screw up.

Post Posted: Tue 06 Oct 2009 07:59 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

yeah another problem that would arrise,lets just say if this did come into fruition-the quick influx of housing prisoners.now if this thing were to happen.this is my question.would it be better to surrender the subjects in open court?now granted id imagine you cannot put a time table on an apprehention.but none the less.would it be the better idea?

Post Posted: Tue 06 Oct 2009 08:08 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
Quote:
If things are slow enough for you and you have the time, you may want to check them out. Who knows you may pick up some recovery work from other bail agents.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Thu 08 Oct 2009 21:41 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Some states like mine allow a BEA to work for the DA's office, but it is up to the DA to assign the work and agree on the pay. Getting paid is based on an "iffy" contract with the local DA's office. Yes, based on your state or local county law you can negotiate a contract, but make sure you have an enforceable contract before you do the work.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post Posted: Sat 10 Oct 2009 04:05 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

got it.thanks Kathy!

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion