NJ Law Changes...Anyone have info? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: NJ Law Changes...Anyone have info?
 Post Posted: Thu 25 Jun 2009 19:00 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Hey Everyone. For those of you that don't already know, NJ is still trying to figure out how to license people for "bounty hunting". They have been trying to enact this since 2006 and they keep hitting snags. Some new issues I heard of recently...So, on the New Jersey State Police Website, they recently removed the bail bondsman exemption. Initially, you have to get licensed through the state police to hunt but then the department of insurance stepped in and said that bondsmen still have to be allowed to recover their own skips, but bondsmen cannot freelance. Then they recently recinded the exemption without any reason or explanation. I called the State Police today and he kept telling me he has no comment and that he will not talk to me because I am a bondsman and to call the department of banking and insurance. I called the DOBI and they told me that I can pick up my own skips if we wrote the bonds and these guys were released into our custody. I was also told that there are issues with the expemption because it was not exact. Some reason are if I own a bail bond biz and my employee writes the bail, and he leaves the company, I should be allowed to hunt the skip but my name in not on the bond, but my company is responsible for the forfeiture. They just need to follow some other states that are able to do it. I know there are some nuts out ther, but its not the majority.

The NJ DOBI also needs to watch who they license as bondsmen...that's the real issue. There is no formal training in NJ and I think that this is the bottom line. Who is going to pay for the classes to train everyone to follow their guidelines. No one wants to take responsibility.

Anyone in good ole NJ hear anything else? It's hard to get straight answers from anyone since no one really knows the answers themselves...

Thanks,
Rob
Dollar Bail Bonds
201-330-0400

Post subject: Re: NJ Law Changes...Anyone have info?
 Post Posted: Fri 26 Jun 2009 05:23 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1208
Experience: More than 10 years
Rob, the two day "seminar" was attended this week by ONLY the NJ Agents who were eligible
through the Grandfather Law in which we imposed two years ago. Due to the delicate manner of the outcome and the actions that we are NOW going to trigger, we can not comment on a Public Forum as we know that Big Brother is monitering. The Bail Bondsman Exemption that you speak of was wrongly worded as usual with another attempt to broadside the process and will ALL be cleared up shortly. When the time comes, I will post all of the details as they happen through the final result in detail. All that I CAN say is, the Courts have been petitioned and this whole unjust calamity is on "HOLD". Carry on as you have in the past. ........... Yak

Ph. (201) 538 - 2947
Fax (201) 342 - 5405

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion