Requesting assistance in Georgia • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Requesting assistance in Georgia
 Post Posted: Fri 26 Jun 2009 09:49 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
I haven't been in the industry right now all that long, but I'd like to ask for some favors. I started volunteer work for a drug-recovery center in Cleveland Georgia recently, but have been using them for research since January for projects I was working on. The center I work for has been doing a lot of great things for the community but right now the funding has been slow due to grants not going through or other donations.

What I'm asking for is this. 1) I'd like everyone who reads this post go to www.anti-meth.org and check out the site and read about the center. 2) If you all are willing it'd be greatly appreciated if you could donate, even just a little, to this center (and yes it is a tax write off). I did have a much grander idea where people on this forum pledge a small % of each recovery they do on someone they grab who had meth' or narcotics charges and give it some funky name.

Like I said, a little goes a long way, and the help would be appreciated. I've seen how this center has helped the community and how important it is for it to stay open. Give it a shot, check out the site, and think about it. I'd like to see this place not only stay open but also expand out. Also, I'm going to harp about this place online and do what I can to help raise money to keep it rolling.

Thank you,

-Ben

There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to everything. - From the Hagakure

Post subject: Re: Requesting assistance in Georgia
 Post Posted: Wed 01 Jul 2009 16:39 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
I'm appreciating people viewing the topic and if anyone has the desire to donate that'd be great. Starting this week or next week the center is having a summer camp for children that can't afford camp and that are "at risk". Like I said, anything donated is a tax write off, and receipts can be provided. I'll be there Friday morning from 9-5 if anyone wants to call down and verify all this (and it's EST for those farther west of here!).

Thank you!

-Ben

There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to everything. - From the Hagakure

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion