Showing thier gun • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post subject: Re: Showing thier gun
 Post Posted: Sat 11 Jun 2011 08:56 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 757
Experience: More than 10 years
WyomingRecovery wrote:
AWOBB wrote:
First Off, the State of Ohio does not allow BOUNTY HUNTERS...........PERIOD.. If you use that term here, you will be arrested. You have to be licensed as a Surety Bail Bond Agent or a PI to do any kind of arrest for bail jumpers. A bail bondsmen in the Cleveland, Ohio area already lost his license for using a non-license person to do his pick-ups. Good for him.... :mrgreen:

The Dept. of Insurance is not putting up with this crap anyone, Thank God!

Just for clarity, and not trying to dispute anything here, but several months back, I picked up a defendant out of Colombus, OH and had no issues whatsoever form law enforcement. They were wel aware of my intentions in the state as well as what day and time I was going to be there. Maybe it was because I used the term Bail Enforcement Agent, rather than Bounty Hunter. Heck, they were even standing by just outside the apartment complex in case I needed help. I live in an unregulated state, and delivered him back to a regulated state. Maybe, I was just lucky that time or something, not sure. But I asked many questions and had all of them answered prior to me heading out there. I will have to do some more checking as I conveniently have received another case to locate and return from Ohio to Washington... which is sadly interfering with my Vegas time to meet the rest of you all. I have family out there, so I couldn't justify the motel... good thing I didn't pay for one, I would not have been able to enjoy it.

First off, Good Job! Second, If the police officers were Columbus Police you got lucky.... About 4 or 5 years ago there was a problem that a bondsmen and Columbus Police was in that got'em both sued. After that, Columbus don't usely get involed.

In our laws here in Ohio, It states that you can't not use the terms, Bail Enforcement, Fugitive Recovery Agent or Bounty Hunter.

Section 2927.27

(A) No person, other than a law enforcement officer shalll apprehend, detain, or arrest a principal on bond wherever issued unless that person meets all of the following criteria:

(1) The person is any of the following:

(A) Qualified, Licensed, and appointed as a surety bail bond agent under sections 3905.83 to 3905.95 of the revised code;

(B) Licensed as a surety bail bond agent by the state where the bond was written;

(C) Licensed as a private investigator under chapter 4749. of the revisd code;

(D) licensed as a private investigator by the state where the bond was written;

(E) An off-duty peace offer, as defined in section 2921.51 of the revised code.

(B) No person shall represent the person's self to be a Bail Enforcement or Bounty Hunter or claim any similar title in this state.

(C1) Whoever violates this section is guilty of illegal bail bond agent practices.

(C2) A voilation of division (A) of this section is a Misdemeanor of the first degree or if the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to two or more violations of division (A) of this section, A felony of the third degree.

(C3) A violation of division (B) of this section is a misdemeanor of the first degree or if this offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to two or more violations of division (B) of this section, A felony of the third degree.

NSIN# SF0105
LIC. #704058

Post Posted: Sat 11 Jun 2011 09:24 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2797
Experience: 3 - 5 years
How's the Norwalk, OH area?

307-763-3134

"As Professional Bail Enforcement Agents, we secure the Risk of the Surety by lawfully protecting the interest of not only the safety and security of our Clients and their Surety Agencies, but their Indemnitors and Defendants as well."

Post Posted: Sun 12 Jun 2011 12:12 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 757
Experience: More than 10 years
WyomingRecovery wrote:
How's the Norwalk, OH area?

Not to bad......

NSIN# SF0105
LIC. #704058

Post Posted: Wed 15 Jun 2011 09:32 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 3 - 5 years
There may be a few states with very little licensing requirements. Keep in mind though just because someone
"sends away" for a piece of paper does not mean they can actually work. Not to many people want to hire someone who did nothing more than get a piece of paper. Just my two cents worth. In Georgia we are regulated by the G.A.P.B. Take classes every year. Do not forget all the background checks and approvals! I took it upon myself to get a degree in criminal justice if for no other reason I want to stay on the right side of things.(and get a P.I. license in my state :D I choose to qualify with all my gear and if I do not I will not use it. See there is so much more to being a bail enforcement agent or fugitive recovery agent than outsiders understand. As for guns drawn, I agree with the others that is the wrong way to approach this industry. Gift of gab :P is my best tool. I would blame it on T.V. the way people think of this industry but to be honest its the viewers fault for taking something they know little about and believing everything they see.
chris

I am what I am and not what I never will be

I am what I am and not what I never will be

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion